Chicago meetup on November 8th or 9th

I’m going to be in Chicago eating a lot of oatmeal with 15 other health and fitness bloggers between November 7-9 for a Quaker Oats Living Proof blogger’s conference. It’s always fun to be invited to these things, but it always makes me feel slightly bad talking about it because it seems so elitist. “Look at me flying off for freebies all weekend! I’m so fancy! Whee!” Seriously, who needs that? When I went to the BlogHer blogging conference this summer I remember feeling the same way. There were all these parties going on, in fancy restaurants or in hotel suites, and some of them I was invited to and some of them I was not. Some parties I wouldn’t have gone to even if invited, but being on the outside can be lonely and a little sad.

Which is why I’m glad we’re planning a reader meetup during the weekend. So you all can come by and get some free food too! Yay! Everybody wins. (Except those of you not in the Chicago area. Oops!) So, the questions are:

1) Would you be able to come to a meetup in downtown Chicago either around 9:30pm or 10pm on Saturday, November 8th at a bar or for a brunch on Sunday, November 9th?

2) If so, which time would you prefer? (Please say brunch because I am an old woman who likes to be in bed by 11pm.)

The comments are awaiting your answers. Here is a list of the other bloggers attending.

Liz • October 30, 2008 at 9:19 am

Man, I wish I was up that way. Sounds like a regular meeting of the minds!

Missy • October 30, 2008 at 9:21 am

I’m so sad I can’t make this. I live in Maryland and have plans that weekend. Good luck!

Sillycakes • October 30, 2008 at 9:21 am

Ooh, brunch would be lovely. :)

David Crowell • October 30, 2008 at 10:09 am

Awesome, wish I could go.

Jason from Twit2Fit is a co-worker of mine. He’ll probably tell you fatguy said hello.

Poppy • October 30, 2008 at 10:34 am

Brunch would be fine by me! A bar would be nice, but that seems awfully late.

Naan • October 30, 2008 at 10:36 am

@Naan – Sad, sad thing, but I don’t exactly live in the Chicago area… Crossing the Atlantic Ocean isn’t really an option. Plane and boattrips are on the expensive side, and I don’t think I’m in shape to come swimming. Besides, it would take to long anyway!

Have fun!

nancy • October 30, 2008 at 11:13 am

Man.. That would be a fun trip to make! Unfortunately, I can’t drive to Chicago from Cleveland for brunch. Bummmer :(

Angie • October 30, 2008 at 11:35 am

I’m so jealous of you guys! (ie. cause i’m on the outside! lol) If I were anywhere close to Chicago I’d be a groupie for sure :) Have fun you guys!

Sarah • October 30, 2008 at 11:38 am

I’m there! & definitely brunch..

ps, I’ve RSVP’ed on 3 sites now…:D I’m just that excited.

Angie • October 30, 2008 at 12:01 pm

I’m like Sarah, replied to 2 other blogs about this (Jenna’s and Roni’s). I chose brunch on Sunday. We live in the NW suburbs so it’s about an hour drive. Hope to be able to meet all of you!

Linda • October 30, 2008 at 12:11 pm

I would come to a brunch. I also live in

the NW suburbs, so have about an hour

drive into the city.

Nancy • October 30, 2008 at 12:28 pm

Wow, thanks for the list of links to those great bloggers . . . my daily reading list is getting close to unmanageable! But inspiration is wonderful.

Kelly • October 30, 2008 at 12:48 pm

I’m up for brunch as well. Thanks for coming our way! :)

Laura N • October 30, 2008 at 1:32 pm

I just commented on Roni’s blog that I’m going to probably ask my husband if he’ll “let” me go. I’d be driving 6 hours, so I’d want to do both Saturday and Sunday if enough of you Super Stars are up for it! Can you email me what hotel you guys are staying at so I can get a room there, or one close to it? Thank you!

Stephanie Quilao • October 30, 2008 at 2:00 pm

Hey girl! It looks like we get to be fancy together again :-) I look forward to seeing you again and meeting your Chicago area readers. Ya’ll got a great community over here!

SarahJ • October 30, 2008 at 2:41 pm

Bummer! I’ll be out of town! Congrats on enjoying the high life of a blogger! Free Oatmeal!

Sarah

Bonnie • October 30, 2008 at 4:20 pm

It would be fun to meet for brunch — I so enjoy your blog and and your book. Try and avoid the buffet brunches — they are deadly …. oatmeal sounds safe!

Pauline • October 30, 2008 at 4:22 pm

My sister and I would love to meet you for brunch. Just post where and we’ll be there!

Anna • October 30, 2008 at 6:57 pm

I’d definitely be up for an afternoon brunch. I’d love to meet you in person!

Madison (FollowMyWeigh) • October 30, 2008 at 9:42 pm

i’m able to meet up!! saturday or sunday is fine by me =)

Ginny • October 30, 2008 at 10:56 pm

This is so great! I already commented on Roni’s blog, but thought I’d let you know, too. Either time works for me, as I’ll be driving in. Looking forward to meeting you, PQ. You’re a great inspiration.

John's Weight Loss Blog • October 31, 2008 at 5:45 am

Well ordinarily I probably could have found a way since I have an office in Chicago, but I haven’t been traveling at all this summer so I’m not going to be getting out there. Everyone have fun! Tell Quaker to send more guys next time. Point them to me!

Veronica • November 2, 2008 at 5:30 pm

Please let me know when the meet-up is and I’ll do my best! Love meeting other bloggers…esp if there’s another Roni in the bunch.

Janet • November 4, 2008 at 1:04 am

Thanks for the link to the Kath eats Real Food blog. What a treat to experience the genuine and passionate real-life embodiment of someone who embraces the concept of healthy eating and exercise with a positive attitude. She’s my new hero.

Narya • November 4, 2008 at 3:11 pm

I could do either one (seeing as how I live in the city); depends where you go, as I don’t have a car and live in a so-so neighbor.

kathy (lakeview) • November 5, 2008 at 7:49 am

Are you still considering brunch Sunday morning? My girlfriend Deb and I might be able to attend. It would be a hoot to meet you and your local fans!

Buy Experiences, Not Things - The Atlantic
Money can buy happiness if you spend it on experiences, not things.

The Man Who Smuggles Trader Joe’s into Canada