Gone fishin’

I’ve absconded to North Carolina until Wednesday, so there will be no recipe posted this weekend. I’ll try to check in with a post, but it may be midweek before you see these scraggly curls again. You can play with the funny kitties while I’m gone.

And don’t worry, I didn’t forget to pack the cat.

Don't forget to pack the cat

Leigh Ann • September 28, 2008 at 12:35 pm

I’m reading your book right now and I have to say, one of the best I’ve read in a long time!

lisa • September 28, 2008 at 12:40 pm

Have fun! Don’t you love it when your cats curl up in your packed suitcase? Mine are obsessed with suitcases and I end up picking cat hair off my clothes throughout my entire vacation. It’s like carrying a piece of them with you.

dietgirl • September 28, 2008 at 1:48 pm

Enjoy your well-earned break, PQ :)

Alexia • September 28, 2008 at 2:23 pm

Hey, I’m in NC! Have fun!

Esmeralda • September 28, 2008 at 4:22 pm

AA! We’ll miss you.

In fact, my life may crumble utterly, and when you return you’ll find me curled up in a corner weeping.

butterfly • September 28, 2008 at 5:33 pm

Alright. You’ve confirmed it. Pets of the feline variety cannot resist luggage. Just when you think your clothes are safe & free of cat fur… ha ha!

Enjoy your trip.

DonnaLynn • September 28, 2008 at 6:31 pm

Jennette, I have read your blog now from the beginning and it’s taken me about a week because it’s about all I’ve done online. I’ve ignored email, ignored my own blog, and myspace, etc to read your blog from start to finish. I can’t remember how I heard about it, but I’m really glad I did. You are so HUMAN about everything. Please take that as a compliment. I have a lot of the same pet peeves you have about reading other people’s blogs, where they disappear if they have a downturn, and you have been straight forward about everything. I really appreciate you laying yourself out there like that, pictures and everything, because it has really helped me a lot, in ways other than weight loss.

The many times you’ve reflected that you can’t make other people behave a certain way, and that you’re only responsible for yourself, helped me yesterday with a problem with my oldest child who is an adult.

You help people in so many ways, not just fitness and weight loss. As you’ve reflected, many things cross over from one topic to another. I’ve learned a lot, and I’m about ten or so years older than you.

I have my own weight issues. I was always the “skinny friend”. Life has always been kind of hard for me for various reasons, not usually my weight. However, a few years ago life took a serious dump and my only available coping skills were avoidance and eating. I stayed in my house for three years straight, and ate whatever I wanted to because I really hadn’t planned on rejoining life in any form other than online.

The first time I went out of my house was for a special occasion that I was unwilling to miss, and there were pictures taken. That’s when I realized how fat I had gotten, but then again, at that point, I didn’t really care. Then, I was in a bank robbery and had to be on the news, and THAT made some little bit of impact, but not enough.

Fast forward through this book to where I am now, and life is pretty good. My husband is about to deploy, (I don’t exercise much when he’s home, because of our schedules and taking care of him and the kids), I have a renewed enthusiasm for life and a much more positive attitude after reading how much you’re enjoying life, and while he’s gone, I’d like to lose the weight I’ve put on (I have 100 lbs or so to lose), and get out there and enjoy my life without a set schedule.

Few people have made a large impact on my life like you have. I mean that.

That’s for sharing YOU with the rest of us.

-DonnaLynn

barb • September 28, 2008 at 8:45 pm

Jennette,

Here is my story. Love your book – just posted your blog link to my own Lose to Win group as encouragement – and wouldn’t you know – it was the day the fat came back! But still in inspiration. I will be checking in ALOT! I need to know, learn discover how we keep it off? How can someone become fatigued with healthy living?????? What ‘s up with that??

You are way cool lady!

barb

PurpleGirl • September 28, 2008 at 11:58 pm

Glad to see you took your required quota of cat hair. :)