Welcome BlogHer readers

Today I’m speaking on the Blog to Book panel at the 2008 BlogHer conference, though hopefully none of you are reading this while I’m speaking on the panel because that’s kind of rude. Eyes to the front please. Oh my God, everyone’s staring at me! Look away, look away!

If you’re stopping by for the first time, hopefully my blog will make you laugh your ass off. It did that to me. I lost 190-something pounds over two years (via diet and exercise) and blogged about it along the way because typing burns calories. These days I blog about my life through the filter of health, fitness and weight maintenance. Some of my favorite posts include:

My book Half-Assed: A Weight-Loss Memoir was published by Seal Press in May 2008. You can read a series I wrote about my blog to book experience on my book blog, appropriately titled Blog to Book. If I don’t see you at the conference, I hope to see you around the blog.

cara • July 19, 2008 at 1:56 pm

You’re definitely one my main motivators for losing as much as I have already. I can’t wait to become half-assed, too. So far I’m up to 86.4 lbs lost so far. Been doing it for a year and 2 months. I have 46.1 more pounds to go for a total of 132.5 lbs loss. I’m hoping to get there by next summer.

I have blogged my way through my weight loss, too. Its one more way I can stay accountable and on track. In fact, I just started my own creation called “18 Pounds in 18 Weeks” on my blog where I am aiming to lose 18 pounds by Thanksgiving (which is 18 weeks away) so I can sit down to thanksgiving dinner and be thankful for losing 100 pounds! 17 more weeks to go. I just lost 3.4 lbs at weigh in this morning so I’m well on my way.

Thanks for being a great inspiration!

BTW, I love Blogger, too. Wish I was there to see you at the convention. Have a great time!!

Abigail M. Schilling • July 19, 2008 at 6:28 pm

Totally reading this during the session. Way to call me out.

Adrienne • July 19, 2008 at 8:53 pm

Wow, I haven’t looked at your before and after pics in quite a while. You rock! That is all.

MB • July 20, 2008 at 2:41 am

I wish I could have been at the conference but the cross country trip was out of my budget.

If typing burns so many calories, why am I not a size 5 by now?

MizFit • July 20, 2008 at 6:12 am

my ass?

gone.

my heart?

sadnot@blogger.

Laura Brandon • July 20, 2008 at 2:40 pm

Hey PQ! I so wish I could have been there, but I hope everything went “swimmingly!” I love your blog, I loved your book, and you’re right, I DID laugh at least a little bit of my ass off!!

MizFit • July 21, 2008 at 6:54 am

welcome home.

xo xo,

Little Miz JEALOUS MUCH?

hope Blogher was fabulous.

lucylu • July 21, 2008 at 9:09 am

Pasta! I just started the book, so far so great! You’re a wonderful writer.

Laura N • July 21, 2008 at 12:15 pm

Hope you had a great time, Jennette.

This is totally random, but I had a dream about you last night. I was at your apartment and you were moving. You were living in a duplex, and you were moving from one side of the house to the other side, via a big hole in one wall where a door had been connecting the two sides of the duplex. WEIRD. It was unfortunate that we didn’t run or eat salads or something in my dream. That would have at least made some sense. =)

Jaime • July 21, 2008 at 4:34 pm

i finished your book last night.

when is the 2nd one coming out?

Pamela R • July 21, 2008 at 5:40 pm

Unfortunately, I couldn’t attend. I’ll just have to live vicariously through you. Have fun!!

Stacie • July 22, 2008 at 6:57 am

Hey PQ! Hope you had fun in San Fran! Any chance you’ll give us a list of your favorite blogs to read, weight-loss or otherwise??

Katie • July 22, 2008 at 10:58 am

Just wanted to say, I’m half-way through your book and loving every word. You are an inspiration to me, in weight loss and as a writer!

You have captured so well what is feels like to be the fat girl and how it feels to lose the weight and become “normal-sized” and what that entails, be it from people being generally more friendly to getting noticed (and possibly hit on) by strangers on the street.

Congratulations on the wonderful book!

PastaQueen • July 23, 2008 at 12:28 pm

I’ve got a blogroll here, but it’s not that up to date. Still, it’s a start. http://pastaqueen.com/halfofme/blogroll.php

PastaQueen • July 23, 2008 at 5:00 pm

As soon as I get an idea for one, write it, and get it published :)

Regin • July 31, 2008 at 12:47 pm

I saw you on the Early Show today and you are an inspiration. I’m ordering your book right now. Congratulations!!

lauren • August 3, 2008 at 7:22 am

I just watched the CBS interview online and wanted to tell you that you hit the nail right on the head. I just lost 100 pounds, doing what sounds like, you are doing. I am tempted to read the book and compare weight loss notes with you!