Radio alerts

I’ll be chatting on the Maria Sanchez Show on KVTA AM-1520 today at 3:25pm PST (or 6:25pm EST) assuming I get my ass home from work on time. You can listen live at their web site http://kvta.com/ or on the air waves if you live in California.

Tomorrow, you can listen to an interview I already taped at HealthyLife.net with Faith Ranoli from 1-2pm PST (that’s Pacific Standard Time so it’d be 4-5pm Eastern Standard Time). Just click on the “Listen Live” button at the top of the home page at the appropriate time. If any of my coworkers are reading this, they probably just keeled over in shock at the idea that I could talk for an entire hour about anything. I’m sort of a quiet one.

ETA: Here’s a link to the Maria Sanchez interview. I had a lovely little 15-minute chat with her. Thanks, Maria!

Margaret Benner • June 18, 2008 at 10:27 am

Hi PastaQueen,

I have never left a comment on your blog before, but I’ve read the whole thing (starting from day one) a couple times and have found it pretty motivating. I also have read your book and really enjoyed it. You, along with a couple other bloggers, including Dietgirl, have helped motivate me to lose 47 pounds and counting so far, so thanks! Whenever I need a little more inspiration, I just go back and read some of your archives.

I just wanted to leave a quick note about your headaches, actually. My own headaches were what finally got me to start losing weight (after many failed attempts in the past). I was so sick of migraines and daily headaches. Starting last summer, I developed a headache that lasted straight for 3 solid months. It was awful. Toradol shots would work briefly, but it always came back, and Imitrex (which normally works on my migraines) was useless.

Out of desperation, I decided that it must be my weight and the amount of sugar I was eating (large amounts of sugar often gave me migraines), so I cut out all sugar from my diet and started on a combination of blood-pressure lowering medication (even though my blood pressure levels are fine) and topamax, which is a seizure medication known to help with migraines. The combination seemed to work, and the headache eventually went away. But when I cut back on the medications or start eating sugar again, the headache comes back.

I know you probably don’t want more suggestions, but I couldn’t help but throw my two cents in there, because I know exactly how miserable you are, having been there myself exactly a year ago.

Keep up the good work. I’m really impressed with all you’ve accomplished!

Margaret

victoria • June 18, 2008 at 11:36 am

PQ, you say your coworkers are surprised that you can talk for an hour. Do you ever ask yourself if you, five years ago, would have been surprised to see you now?

Red • June 18, 2008 at 12:07 pm

Egads, you sure have done a ton of promoting for this book. How do you have time to do that AND work a full time job. It would give me a headache 8 (

QueenB • June 18, 2008 at 1:15 pm

Sort of a quiet one? A silent killer, I’d say. You’ve been knockin’ us dead with inspiration, wit and sincerity. So let it out girl, we hear you.

jane • June 18, 2008 at 2:03 pm

Good for you. Can’t wait to hear it.

K • June 18, 2008 at 4:14 pm

What a media superstar!

I don’t think my co-workers think I’m quiet, somehow. Possibly they wish I were.

Anonymous Boxer • June 19, 2008 at 12:25 am

work it!

:-)

Jill • June 19, 2008 at 8:41 am

My coworkers wish I’d shut up for an hour. :)

Lynda Benninger • June 19, 2008 at 9:39 am

You were terrific on KVTA-would you ever consider coming to Canada and being a guest in our home?

We’d be so-o-o-o-0 good to you, Jennette.

lc • June 19, 2008 at 10:40 am

I’m sorry that Maria was the best my little corner of the world had for you, she’s such a twit! I don’t know how she stays employed. I can’t stomach her show, but I would have listened if I’d known.

Will you be on more media outlets soon??

Keep on rockin’, I love your blog!

Dianne • June 19, 2008 at 7:09 pm

Hi there I have 50 more lbs to lose & I accidentally came across your blog because I am a new blogger as of maybe 2 weeks on a weight blog with others & I clicked on another gals site & there u r.I watch THE “TODAY Show” & I remember you ,But I never looked you up because as I said blogging wasn’t in me.I am NOW into blogging because I am 50 this year & I am determined to get this weight off.

What do u now do in the exercise department per week.I spend 1.5 -2 hours 4-5 days a week & I do cardio at 1 hour as a part of my 2 hour days in the gym .So my 2 hours is average I believe.What do u say to that? Bye

starbird • June 19, 2008 at 7:39 pm

Thanks for putting up the link to the Maria Sanchez show. That was a great interview and conversation between the two of you. I think she was very perceptive, maybe because of her experience with her son. I wish we had more women in place as talk show hostesses. Hmmm – PQ??? You do have a great voice and an even better laugh.

The interview did raise a few questions in my mind

– Why did you leave your last job and how did you find the new one?

– Do you get paid better in your new job than in your previous one?

– If better, do you think it’s because you know more and/or have better skills, and have more work experience, or because you weigh less?

– Last question (I know, I’m really nosy, sorry) were most of the people in your previous job overweight, and are the ones in your new job not overweight?

P.S. I’m still praying that your headache goes away completely.

Stacy • June 19, 2008 at 9:54 pm

You look great!!! What an inspiration! How can I encourage a young person in my life who is on a path to serious obesity?

PastaQueen • June 27, 2008 at 11:49 am

I try to walk or run 4-5 times a week. I throw in a weight training session twice a week and a Pilates session twice a week if I’m being good. I’m a member of the YMCA and took some classes there for awhile, but I’ve been slacking off lately.

PastaQueen • June 27, 2008 at 11:52 am

I’m going to refrain from commenting on my work publicly. That just seems like as stupid move.

PastaQueen • June 27, 2008 at 11:54 am

I think the best way to encourage others is to set a positive example. I know I’ve been influenced by other people’s successes and good choices. Good luck to you and those you care about.