Phoning it in

Last Wednesday I called into the Elastic Waist blog’s video show, The Daily Special. Or actually, they called me and then we pretended like I was calling them. Sorry to spoil the magic for you. I have not yet watched it. I must have eaten so much chicken in the past couple years that I have now become one. However, you are not me, so you can watch it here without the fear of looking like an idiot. Or check out the embedded link below.

Thanks to everyone at EW for the invite! You guys were great. I promise I shall watch it someday, probably after consuming a lot of liquor.

Rachel • November 30, 2007 at 8:23 am

You are a star!!! Your piece was wonderful you sound great and the clips that they showed while talking to you were awesome. I really hope that on your book tour you make it to NJ!! I’d love to meet you someday :)

Have a wonderful weekend!!

And yeah to the pumpkin pie AND whipped cream…that was cute!

Liz in Ohio • November 30, 2007 at 8:37 am

You did great! Watch it!

Thanks for posting the link to Elastic Waist. Good stuff!

Olivia • November 30, 2007 at 8:41 am

Excellent! It’s cool to hear your voice after reading your blog for so long.

schrödinger's cat • November 30, 2007 at 9:40 am

You did great. I like your laid-back sense of humour and your speaking voice matches your writing voice (…I hope that makes some kind of sense). This was the PastaQueen we all know and bookmark. So, no reason at all to worry. Use the liquor to celebrate.

fc • November 30, 2007 at 10:28 am

next up: oprah!!!

hopefulloser • November 30, 2007 at 10:28 am

Your headshot looks beautiful and you did great. Ditto Rachel’s comment on coming to N.J.

Gwendolyn • November 30, 2007 at 10:45 am

You did awesome!! :)

Laura • November 30, 2007 at 11:34 am

You sounded great! Totally relaxed and clever and funny. This is good practice for when you’ll be on all the national TV shows when your book comes out. Right? Right?!

MB • November 30, 2007 at 11:47 am

No need to get liquored up to watch … you were GREAT! Thanks for sharing and I hope after the book tour goes through NJ you will make it up to Boston too.

If I only have time to read one blog a day it is yours. You are such an inspiration and I only wish I were as dedicated and determined in my weight loss efforts.

Save the booze for the reaching your goal party you are sure to have in 2008 :)

Mia • November 30, 2007 at 12:30 pm

Very, very clever! Loved it!

Tammy • November 30, 2007 at 1:22 pm

You did great:) Save those liquor calories for another occasion! lol

Amanda • November 30, 2007 at 2:34 pm

You should DEFINITELY watch it, you’ll love it! It was so cute!

Katharine • November 30, 2007 at 3:08 pm

Terrific interview, PQ! We’d all like to have your for our next-door neighbor, because you’re such a nice, normal person who doesn’t let anything go to her head.

Grumpy Chair • November 30, 2007 at 3:39 pm

You did super! I can promise you, you won’t need the booze to watch it.

Kini • November 30, 2007 at 7:41 pm

Thought it was great! You should watch (or really, you’d be listening)! Really!

Melanie • December 1, 2007 at 8:12 am

I loved your phone-in! I agree with others, it was cool to put your voice with your words. You must be incredibly proud to have become such a weight loss icon! :) I want to be like you when I grow up! Seriously though, I really enjoy reading your posts – thanks for being a constant source of inspiration.

PastaQueen • December 1, 2007 at 9:15 am

Okay, I grew some balls and watched it and, yay, you guys were right, I did fine. I’ll save the trip to the liquor store for New Year’s.

Kim • December 1, 2007 at 10:46 am

You were wonderful, thanks for taking the time to speak with us. We loved having you on the show. Thanks for being an inspiration to so many.

Leora • December 1, 2007 at 9:44 pm

You were great! How fun to hear you talk!

lisantica • December 2, 2007 at 10:56 am

Great job! Your voice had such a nice air of confidence!

I cannot wait till your book is in print. I plan on giving copies to anyone who asks me how I became inspired to lose weight!

kyle • December 2, 2007 at 8:23 pm

You sound good! Don’t be nervous, watch it liquor free, you won’t be upset, I promise :)

And that actually reminded me that I need to order my copy of the book still!!!

Sally Parrott Ashbrook • December 3, 2007 at 10:15 pm

Hearing my own voice on anything–even someone’s voicemail–always is a bit freaky for me. However, I would suggest you listen . . . and try to shut off the critical part of your brain when you do, if you’re like me, because I instantly judge how I sounded when I hear myself. ;) You did a great job!

Nancy Bea • December 4, 2007 at 4:35 pm

No kidding, PQ, you did great. As to the manner (or call-in TV show) born! You’re a natural.