Enough about me, let’s talk about you

There’s a lot going on in the blogosphere, so let’s take a day off from talking about me and mention what other people are up to.

Elastic Waist Photo Project: Pictures of You

The Elastic Waist peeps want pictures of you, either because they’ve been listening to The Cure too much or because they want you to stop waiting for your “after” photo. Send them your JPGs and GIFs and your PNGs if you have them and you so please.

America on the Move

Rachel from the PR firm representing the America On the Move Foundation really wants us to walk an extra 2000 steps a day. So if you are interested in “small, manageable lifestyle changes that are scientifically proven to make a difference in overall health and wellness,” walk your cyber-butt a couple steps over to the site for this non-profit organization. Everyone who registers with their site is entered in a daily drawing for an iPod shuffle and for this month’s grand prize of a $500 gift certificate to Dick’s Sporting Goods. If you register and win, I assume you will give me your prize since I told you about it. Can you believe I’ve lost almost 200 pounds without owning an iPod? If you get the gift certificate, buy me some inline skates!

Recipe Tag

Zanitta tagged me with a recipe meme. I always sucked at tag because I was too slow to catch anybody else before they ran for the safe base. Anyway, the directions are:

Write down your favourite recipe, than tag 3-5 to do the same!

You can tell I didn’t make this up myself because American’s don’t spell “favourite” that way. I’m not going to tag anybody, but if you want to run with this, go for it. I don’t think I can choose a favorite recipe, but here’s one of my favorite dinner recipes. It’s quick and tasty, my two favorite adjectives to describe food:

Feta and Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts

4 chicken breasts

1 box frozen chopped spinach (thawed and drained)

2 cloves garlic, minced

1/2 cup low fat mayo

1/2 cup low fat feta

Preheat oven to 375º F. Cut a pocket in four chicken breasts. Mix together the spinach, garlic, mayo and feta. Stuff chicken with mixture and place in shallow baking dish. Bake for 45 minutes. NOTE: I usually just spread the mixture on top of the chicken breasts because I suck at cutting a pocket, but if you have the knife skills, go for it!

anonymous • September 28, 2007 at 10:09 am

Thanks for all of the links! I was wondering if you use an MP3 player, and which type, if not an ipod. I’m shopping for one to use during running, so any advice is great! thanks!

PQ – I have a Toshiba e400 PDA (pocket PC) which I listen to MP3’s on. It’s kind of clunky though since it’s difficult to change tracks when I’m out running on the trail. It works though, so I don’t really see reason to spend money on an MP3 player unless it breaks..

dietgirl • September 28, 2007 at 10:38 am

damn that sounds tasty… as all things feta tend to be :)

Diana the Scale Junkie • September 28, 2007 at 11:34 am

Oohhh thank you Zannita for tagging PQ, that recipe looks very tasty, I wonder if I can convince my spinach hating husband to try it?

Mia • September 28, 2007 at 11:56 am

Oh! I love this recipe!(But I never knew how to make it!) From time to time I buy it pre-prepared (but not cooked) at the meat counter at Whole Foods. Yummyyyy. Thanks for sharing your recipe. I was also thinking of putting up a recipe on my cite today.

Jenny • September 28, 2007 at 12:25 pm

A recipe meme is a great idea – is there a microwave version? OK, kidding.

Marianne • September 28, 2007 at 12:54 pm

That recipe sounds yummy! I discovered two new recipes this week that were delicious, and I think I’ll have to post about them after the weekend now!

Zanitta • September 28, 2007 at 7:54 pm

Yaay, thank you PQ! Hee, me and my cunning British spelling. Do you think this will work ok with a different kind of cheese? The selection here in Japan is somewhat limited.

Kalyn • September 28, 2007 at 9:55 pm

Sounds like a great recipe and very SB friendly too. And thanks for mentioning my Parmesan Encrusted Zucchini. I’m going to make it for the third time this weekend, I’m loving that recipe!

Girl on a mission • September 30, 2007 at 11:14 am

Yum, I wasn’t a big fan of feta cheese and I always strayed away from the Greek salads and the recipes that it included. But, one day I forced myself to take a bite…and I was pleasantly surprised! YUM!

Thanks for the recipe.

Israel • October 13, 2007 at 7:16 pm

iwill go ahead and submit my pic. thx.