Greek yogurt is Greek to me

So, everyone in the blogosphere has been raving about Fage Yogurt. Diet Girl made a “flaming miniature birthday pavlova” with it. I haven’t the slightest idea what a pavlova is, but it sure does look good. Elastic Waist loves it with honey*. And Jen at Yet Another Weight Watchers Blog could not contain her love to just one post, but wrote two entries about it. Since we’ve already established that I have no mind of my own, I decided I needed to get some Fage Yogurt before every blogger in the country caused a shortage and I was left licking up the remains of a cracked container on the floor of the dairy aisle in the whole foods supermarket.

I bought both the 0% and the 2% variety to compare tastes. I tried the yogurt in several different recipes. I ate it raw just to get a taste of it. I mixed it with some blueberries as a snack. I put it on some sliced peaches with cinnamon like Jen did. I also tried Kalyn’s recipe for Greek Yogurt with Agave Nectar and Pecans because just looking at the photo made me want to eat the JPG and burp up some pixels. I ate a lot of this yogurt in a lot of different ways.

I’m really sorry to say this, but it tasted like diaper rash cream.

Actually, I cannot say with 100% certainty that it tasted like diaper rash cream because I have never squeezed a tube of Desitin onto my peaches. Perhaps it tastes more like vaginal cream, but I’ve never snacked on Monistat either, so I can’t say for sure. I will say it tasted like what I imagine those products taste like. It was thick and sour and a very “meh” taste experience. I ended up dumping a lot of Splenda into my blueberry and yogurt mix because it was just too sour for my taste. The agave nector however was really great and I’ll definitely be using that on pancakes and devising other devious ways to sneak it into my meals.

I’ve never liked the taste of plain yogurt in any variety, so perhaps that is a factor in my dislike for Fage. I am, after all, the person who used to eat frosting straight out of the can and snacked on Kool-Aid crystals for fun. I like the sweet stuff. Fage ain’t sweet. It’s also possible that this product was built up so high in my mind that there was no way it could have met my expectations. I was disappointed that it not only didn’t taste good but that it didn’t also cure bad breath, wash my car, and pay all my bills. I was half-expecting to have an orgasm right in front of the dishwasher after eating a spoonful. That didn’t happen.

The only thing I could possibly see myself doing with Fage is using it as a substitute for cream cheese or sour cream in other recipes, assuming it is lower in calories. I know I am in the minority here and I’m sure I’ll get dozens of comments on this entry with recipes that I should try that will finally open my mind to the greatness that is Fage. But I am doubtful, people. I just don’t think it’s my thing.

Believe me, this is worse for me than it is for you because I shall always be on the outside looking in on your love for this yogurt, never quite understanding the appeal. I will be like the person who doesn’t understand the greatness of the original Star Wars trilogy or someone who can’t understand why a show called Buffy the Vampire Slayer could ever be successful. Everyone will look at me and wonder, “What the hell is wrong with her? How can anyone not love Fage?” But that’s just the way it’s going to be. And that’s okay. I’m glad you all love it. Please, enjoy your Fage. But I think I’m going to pass it up, even if there is a freshly spilled container on the supermarket floor begging for me to lick it up.

* Random side note: One person commented in that thread that she makes her own yogurt. Wow, I thought I was hardcore because I make my own whole wheat bread (in my breadmaker), but I think the homemade-yogurt woman beats me.

Glam • August 15, 2007 at 10:09 am

I agree with you to a certain extent. Both the 0% and 2% make me gag when eaten plain. However, they make Fage 2% that comes with it’s own honey compartment! I just mix a little bit of the honey in with the diaper rash cr…, um, yougurt and it tastes great. It doesn’t seem to have that same weird yogurt texture that the other yogurts — like Yoplait — have.

Also, in a moment of sheer desperation the other night, I actually mixed in a small dollop (okay, so it was a big dollop) of caramel syrup… Like I said, I was desperate!

G.G. • August 15, 2007 at 10:25 am

This makes me feel better about being deprived of the Fage taste experience because I live in Nowheresville, USA, without easy access to a gourmet/whole foods shop:-)

galnoir • August 15, 2007 at 10:34 am

I love Fage, so I will totally eat your share, PQ. That said, I don’t buy it very often because it’s so $$$. Trader Joe’s has a store-brand Greek yogurt that’s significanly cheaper … but I live 2 hours away from the nearest TJ’s.

That said, I think Greek yogurt is best used in recipes that call for plain, nonfat yogurt. The American stuff contains a lot of fake thickeners, so it doesn’t work nearly as well. I still need to get around to making my own tzatziki sauce. Mmmm, tzatziki sauce …

I’ve definitely developed a preference for organic yogurt, though. Brown Cow is my favorite, but Stonyfield will do in a pinch. I was interested in Cultural Revolution because it’s low in sugar without being artificially sweetened, and the container is recyclable (most yogurt containers are type 5 plastic, which isn’t readily recyclable), but I found it a bit runny. Maybe I need to give it another try.

Joyce • August 15, 2007 at 10:34 am

You are hilarious! I have been reading your blog for a while and felt the need to comment today. I have been reading the various comments about how good Greek yogurt is but have been unable to find it in my area. I was going to make a trek to Trader Joe’s because I heard they may have it there but now after reading your post about the yogurt I am thinking twice about it.

Joyce

AKS • August 15, 2007 at 10:36 am

It’s not a surprise you don’t like it, if you don’t like the taste of plain yogurt to begin with. I think people who like yogurt love 0% Fage, because of the thick, creamy texture without all the fat. Sometimes I’ll put some honey on it, but most of the times I’ll just eat it plain.

SB • August 15, 2007 at 10:52 am

If you don’t like plain yogurt in the American style, you probably won’t like Greek (or Hungarian) yogurts. These yogurts are also better tasting in their full fat versions, but they are an acquired taste for anyone who thinks of yogurt as a sterile project that comes in a plastic container with some kind of sweetener or fruit included or premixed.

jae • August 15, 2007 at 10:53 am

Thanks for this review. I read DG’s post on it and wondered if I should try it. I wasn’t sure since I don’t like plain yogurt either. But, do you really think it could substitute for sour cream? By the way, thanks to you I bought a real kiwi for the first time ever (I’ve only tried them in buffet situations, yuck!) and OMG, it was delicious! I had to peel the outside because it reminded me of a little money head. Thanks for the ‘Lick the Produce’ posts. They make me want to take an adventure thru my produce section. :) ~j

Kalyn • August 15, 2007 at 10:53 am

Just file this one with my complete lack of understanding of how some people don’t like cilantro! I love, love, love Greek yogurt. But I have to admit, I love sour flavors and don’t like sweet things so much. And I actually prefer the Fage 0%, and I love fat in foods, so that’s a big plus. To each her own, that’s what I always say.

Têtue • August 15, 2007 at 10:55 am

I’m with you. I don’t love plain yogurt. In fact, I don’t even like plain yogurt. Plain yogurt is big in France, but they also wind up dumping a bunch of table sugar in it to make it palatable, so… Bring on the frosting tub.

Red • August 15, 2007 at 11:07 am

I love Fage 0% and have it every morning for breakfast with some fresh fruit. I admit it is kind of an acquired taste and even though I generally don’t like sweet things, when I first started eating the yogurt I found a teaspoon or two of honey would cut the sour factor of the 0% without making it too sweet.

I should note that the full-fat version is absolutely heavenly; thick, creamy, and not at all sour. It’s perfect for desserts.

Moderndayhermit • August 15, 2007 at 11:08 am

I love Fage yogurt.

I had never tried plain yogurt until I was about 19 or so and it took a few tries for me to enjoy the flavor. Now, I am a plain-yogurt addict and don’t even bother to buy the sweet stuff. Not to mention, I never buy brands like Dannon which is pure bleh.

Homemade yogurt is incredible.

john • August 15, 2007 at 11:15 am

This is so funny, I had made a mental note to go try this stuff after seeing it written up everywhere (no mention of it being an acquired taste that I saw!) and now I’m glad I don’t need to. I’ll stick to my Blue Bonnett.

UrbanSol • August 15, 2007 at 11:20 am

Fage, like caviar, is an acquired taste. Translation – quite a bit of the population has to work at it to acquire the taste.

jessica • August 15, 2007 at 11:24 am

I made frozen yogurt in my ice cream maker with 0% Fage last night, and it turned out better than actual ice cream! 1/4 cup sugar (sweetener, nectar, whatever) to 1 cup yogurt, then put it in the machine. So good!

taylore • August 15, 2007 at 11:29 am

I posted about the Fage in March too … http://ttb2.wordpress.com/2007/03/20/lately-i-cannot-live-without/ Fage, it’s all the rage! Anyway, I really believe greek yogurt is best used in dips and salads to replace items like sour cream, or to cut back on mayo. My favorite is a chicken salad with fage, curry, almond slivers and raisens. Sometimes I put it in coleslaw and I have also used it for an onion dip. I brought the dip to a party with baby carrots — and no one suspected the dip was healthy! Honestly, I only like it straight with a bunch of fruit.

Helen • August 15, 2007 at 11:30 am

I’m not a greek yoghurt fan. I use it occasionally in particular dishes but not at any other time. It may be that I’m rebelling against my mother’s yoghurt habit (she was a dedicated food nazi during my childhood), but I think that its just that I don’t really like it.

The pavlova is an Australian invention, and is like a really big meringue…crisp on the outside and marshmallowy on the inside. After it has been cooked and cooked, whipped cream is spread on the center and then fruit like kiwi, passionfruit and strawberries are piled on top. I’m not sure if it could be made with splenda but it’s something to ponder. Maybe DG used the fage instead of the cream.

April • August 15, 2007 at 11:30 am

I like the Fage yogurt, but I can only eat the 0% if it is mixed. (I like it with some go lean crunch cereal and blueberries.) I absolutely HATE regular “american” yogurt. I hate the artificial sweetness, the fruit flavors, everything.

Oh, and btw, you can totally hate on Fage, PQ, but it is unacceptable to hate on Buffy. That is just wrong! :)

April, I LOVE Buffy and Star Wars. That’s why I was using those analogies because it is so weird to think someone couldn’t love those stories. – PQ

Pamela • August 15, 2007 at 11:34 am

Hey, that’s what it’s all about… try something new, and find something that works for you. I’m not crazy about plain yogurt, generally, but I’m more of a creamy-freak, not a sweet-freak, so maybe I’ll give it another try. Thanks for the other side of the fage craziness!

Jenny • August 15, 2007 at 11:45 am

I just recently discovered Fage and had a similar reaction… I think I actually took a napkin and wiped my tongue off. I try to avoid most dairy and was H A P P Y to remind myself of this after my experience.

Very. Funny. Post. Today.

JEM • August 15, 2007 at 12:08 pm

I like fage a lot but not to just sit and eat…I only enjoy it as a sour cream substite. I put in on taco salad, in soup, in dips, on a baked potato, ect. Plain….ummm never! Yuck!

dietgirl • August 15, 2007 at 12:21 pm

och well PQ dear, we’ll always have the roasted broccoli :P

Erin • August 15, 2007 at 12:26 pm

For the record, Buffy rules the school, and I myself like to refer to the star wars episode/movie with the ewoks in it as the ‘Teddy Ruxpin Christmas spectacular’.

I also wanted to try this yogurt, but now I probably won’t because I think sour cream is one of the most disgusting things on the planet next to ranch dressing and cheese. So if the yogurt is more like sour cream than my Dannon over processed light n fit, I’ll pass.

dietgirl • August 15, 2007 at 12:30 pm

(that said, despite my devotion i never eat it plain [especially the 0%, gag!], it’s more of Useful Yogurt than Eat A Whole Bowl Of It yogurt, ie. in place of sour cream or mixed with fruit or honey or meringue, etc etc :)

sara • August 15, 2007 at 12:39 pm

Okay, we know (thanks to PQ) that if we hear about it we want to try it…. but what about me? I’ve heard about it (repetitivly, to the piont of obsession) and now I want to proudly shout to all the world “I haven’t tried Fage, and I don’t wanna!…You can’t make me. Neener neener!”

mickey • August 15, 2007 at 1:35 pm

i love fage (though definitely the 2% more than the 0%), love cilantro, and am decidedly meh about both star wars and buffy. i like making dips with the fage: yogurt, honey, hot sauce, and mustard is a favorite of mine.

Olivia • August 15, 2007 at 1:54 pm

You are not alone in your dislike of plain yogurt. I don’t even like flavored yogurt much. It’s funny how people have different tastes, literally. I have a friend who detests bananas. Weird.

Annie • August 15, 2007 at 3:04 pm

I think it would probably do better in a non sweet recipe. If you like gyros send me an email and I’ll email you the recipe to make them and the sauce. I wish I could find the greek yogurt here because I am sure I would enjoy it that way but then no trader joe’s or whole foods near me yet.

jaime • August 15, 2007 at 3:04 pm

I also hate yogurt in all forms, and it’s been the bane of my dieting existence. I even tried a chocolate “dessert” flavor once in desperation. It was awful.

Florafloraflora • August 15, 2007 at 3:25 pm

Well, there’s no accounting for taste. Fage is my favorite, and granted, I usually eat the 2% or the full-fat stuff. I eat it every possible way: with fruit, with honey, as a side to dish to rich spicy Indian and Mexican food, even (yes, I am a freak) with Marmite sometimes. I even steal the cultures to make my own yogurt, which is equally yummy although not quite as thick and creamy.

But then, I don’t like Buffy or Star Wars, so we’re even.

sandy • August 15, 2007 at 4:23 pm

ick! i was once offered greek yogurt by my grammy-in-law. she said “would you like some yogurt?” – as though it was regular yogurt. as soon as it touched my tongue, i almost gagged and had to excuse myself. i am feeling your pain in a big big way. i know you’ll stumble upon your own food trend soon! rock on.

Amy • August 15, 2007 at 4:35 pm

I’ve never liked yogurt, but I recently tried SOY yogurt and actually liked it a lot. I try not to eat dairy (mean to the cows and all) but have been pleasantly surprised with the soy yogurt. Some of the mainstream stores even carry it now. It’s a nice snack at work.

BTW, I have also heard great reviews of Tofutti products (like their Better-than-Cream-Cheese stuff) which you can get at specialty and health food type stores.

kentuckienne • August 15, 2007 at 4:36 pm

Dudette, Loki LOVES this stuff. I bought him some this week because he’s been having a crappy time at work. And it was a godsend when we were in Greece, because it was pretty much the only breakfast food I could eat. But I have irrational hatreds of all sorts of foods – cilantro, beets, radishes, rye, Swiss cheese – so I can’t criticize your dislike of Fage. To each their own, I suppose.

Theresa • August 15, 2007 at 5:23 pm

I don’t like any yogurt, so I am not going to try this stuff. I also don’t Like Star Wars and have never watched Buffy. Boy, I guess I am really a weirdo.

Mia • August 15, 2007 at 5:30 pm

Desitin? What’s wrong with you, girl?

Actually, I can see where unsweetened yogurt might be an acquired taste. I grew up on plain yogurt, so I like it. That said, I do prefer Greek yogurt with 1 Tablespoon of maple syrup and fresh fruit. If ever you feel the need to try it again, put a little syrup on it.

Marshmallow • August 15, 2007 at 5:51 pm

Yeah if you’re not a fan of plain yogurt, then I can understand why you wouldn’t be a fan of this stuff :-)

For me, it has its place, like you said, as a substitute for sour cream and I would use it alongside fruit and honey. They have other greek yoghurts in New Zealand that have fruit and honey throughout it – the ones that I seem to like are always the limited edition ones; kiwifruit and manuka honey, raspberry and vanilla, pomegranate and blueberry…. NOOOOOOOOOO, come back, how I pine for thee! *sob*

Lesley • August 15, 2007 at 6:23 pm

Tee hee – you really got me laughing with this one as I too have been wondering how the hell Fage managed to product-place their stuff in so many blogs (not that they did I’m sure as the blogs in question are above reproach!!).

I love the thought of a foodstuff that could do my chores for me AND give me an orgasm – now THAT would be a product worth breaking your diet for!! I mean – not even men can do both, consistently…..!

Lesley x

almost vegetarian • August 15, 2007 at 7:20 pm

Oh it’s such a shame that you don’t like it. This is, hands down, my favorite yogurt (and the only one my husband actually asks for). Ah well, more for the rest of us!

Cheers!

Miss_Thing • August 15, 2007 at 7:51 pm

I laughed when I read this as I had just been preaching the Gospel of the Fage at work today. I love both versions, but the 2% with some fresh sliced strawberries and blueberries and mint (and a touch of splenda) is my idea of breakfast heaven. I’d also recommend mixing it with some maple syrup and adding a smidge of pumpkin pie spice. Is goooood. Personally, I find most American yogurts to be too sweet in that high fructose corn syrup kind of way. But asalmost vegetariansays, more for the rest of us!

Nory Roth • August 16, 2007 at 12:27 am

Oh my gosh!!! This really made me laugh out loud! I also think that plain yogurt should be used as an ingredient, not as a food by itself. (No matter how chi-chi it might be.) I also agree that this particular yogurt is much better with a little sumthin’ added to it — like fruit, and agave nectar. For the added cost, this is not really a product I would choose over, say, reduced fat store brand yogurt. I must have the taste buds of a troll….

Christy • August 16, 2007 at 1:09 am

I’ve never heard of Fage Yogurt… but I’m a huge Stonyfield fan myself, because it never gets… that really funny texture that you sometimes get with yogurt that just seems disgusting to me :)

Sandra • August 16, 2007 at 2:58 am

Pavlova is a dessert that New Zealanders and Australians have been arguing about for decades. (i.e. who invented it.)

Essentially it is a type of merengue (is that right or is that the dance?) that is soft and fluffy on the inside and crispy on the outside.

If you’re ever in the antipodes, you must try one.

Melissa • August 16, 2007 at 6:31 am

WAIT!!! Before you totally swear it off, add some vanilla extract to the Fage and some fruit – Total heaven. I cannot stomach it without vanilla. It takes the bitter-milk-culture-yuck-edge off.

And if you add a some lemon juice and stir well, it tastes like custard or if you close your eyes, cheesecake!

kar_kar • August 16, 2007 at 6:58 am

Well you like Buffy and Star Wars, so I guess the not liking of Fage can be forgiven. I personally love love love the stuff, but I am one of “those” that like plain yogurt. I don’t play around with that reduced fat crap though…full fat all the way, baybee!

BrightAngel • August 16, 2007 at 8:54 am

For years my choice has been 1/2 cup of Plain low-fat Yogurt, mixed with 3 Splenda Packets & 1/8 tsp of cinnamon….YUMMMM. (Before Splenda, I used Equal)

The non-fat doesn’t do it for me, but I find low-fat acceptable. If I want fruit, I add it myself.

I don’t care for those costly little containers of runny fruit-flavored, non-fat, aspartame sweetened Yogurts.

BUT, I also recently discovered Fage 0%.

DOUBLE YUMMMM.

A non-fat yogurt…so smooth, rich and creamy..and much less sour than regular plain yogurt. Good enough so that I only need ONE Splenda packet, and often choose to just leave out the cinnamon.

Pasta Queen…BEFORE GIVING UP COMPLETELY, You must try it with Splenda and cinnamon. Even add a couple of crushed Strawberries…..So VERY Delicious.

Mymsie • August 16, 2007 at 12:08 pm

How do you pronounce it? Like “page?”

Jen at YAAWB says it’s pronounced “Fa-yeh” or at least that’s what the container says. – PQ

Mary Jean • August 16, 2007 at 1:33 pm

OK, so I had to go buy some. I tried it both ways, sweet and savory. I liked it. But then, there haven’t been too many food items I haven’t liked.

My grocery store didn’t have agave nectar so I bought some really interesting Mango conserve which was quite yummy by itself and wonderful with the Fage.

Then, I used it, the Fage, as I would sour cream and it worked that way also. But it tastes a lot better than fat free sour cream.

Now, I guess I have to blog about it!!

K • August 16, 2007 at 6:11 pm

Well, I think DG _did_ use it to substitute for sour cream in dips.

I love plain, live yoghurt, but then I am also the woman who eats plain cottage cheese for lunch every day. So maybe I’ll be okay with the Fa-yeh. My mother used to make yoghurt back when it was popular to do it, back in the late 70s/early 80s, so maybe my tastebuds were warped towards that taste when I was little!

KP • August 16, 2007 at 6:51 pm

I have much love for the Fage. I prefer the 0%, as the 2% can sometimes be TOO rich for me. I do add Splenda and fresh or frozen blueberries to my Fage. But I’ve always been into yogurt. I could never get into the cottage cheese thing–I imagine that would taste like lumpy diaper rash cream to me.

a.m. • August 16, 2007 at 10:05 pm

I have spent the last week reading your entire blog, from start to finish. You are such an inspiration! I am working on losing half of myself as well… I hope to be where you are one day. I can’t wait to read your book when it’s finished!

n.b. • August 17, 2007 at 2:08 am

You’re such a trendspotter! I too, began noticing mutterings about greek yogurt about a year ago…and it seems like this summer things really took off for the Fage PR people! ;-) I finally went to my local Trader Joe’s last month to try it and such is its popularity that they were actually OUT of both the 0% and 2%! They had the full-fat version, but as I was looking for a low calorie treat I decided to wait.

Aside: I don’t like “regular” plain yogurt at all: eating Dannon or Stonyfield Farms plain it is like wearing a hair shirt for me, on my tongue. But you know I DO like the Fage plain! I’m a true convert…and no persuasion was necessary. That creamy, solid consistancy hooked me from the first mouth-feel encounter. I eat it regularly now, in the 2%, and sometimes put blueberries or other fruit in it, sometimes not.

Then again, maybe I’d like Desitin too!

vivi • August 17, 2007 at 5:17 am

Mediterranean girl again: to make your own youghurt you just need a yoghurt-maker. If you pour 1 liter milk and a tbsp youghurt in each of the small pots in the yoghurt-maker, switch it on and wait for 12 hours, the following morning you have 1 liter yoghurt. It’s no big deal… for me it’s waaaaaaay more difficult to bake bread!!!

Anne • August 17, 2007 at 8:36 am

I happen to love the Fage but the more people who don’t, the more there is for me! What I really like is trying new things, some of which I adore and some I think are, well, diaper cream. Which I haven’t tasted either, so I’m with you on that one.

I did just buy a yogurt maker but haven’t actually tried to make any yet. We’ll see how that goes.

Lyn • August 18, 2007 at 12:17 am

This is too funny. Everyone I know has been raving about Greek Yogurt and so I went out and paid a lot for a container of it and it was NASTY!!!!!!! Granted it was not Fage, but it tastes like puke! I threw it away and thought I must have bought the wrong thing or maybe it was spoiled. You are the first one I ever saw who is not raving about it! Maybe I am not crazy after all.

Michelle • August 18, 2007 at 9:50 am

I only use the “Y” product (blech!) when making dijon chicken. Mix 2 parts (or thereabouts) of Y (fat free or low fat plain or vanilla) to 1 part dijon mustard. Dip chicken breast in mixture, then breadcrumbs (for those that eat bread) and bake in a pan that’s been sprayed with PAM. 350 till done. Awesome!!! Can’t stand Y otherwise.

christie • August 18, 2007 at 12:52 pm

Having recently been to Greece, I have to agree about this. Everyone gushes about having yoghurt and honey there, and I tried several times and just thought it was gross!!

Lori W. • August 20, 2007 at 9:47 am

I tried it too but I got the 2% and had it with strawberries and I also got the one with the side of cherries on it. I had to add Splenda to both because it was too tart. OTOH, I think it would be good to substitute for sour cream or for a dip and I’ll give that a whirl.

You made me laugh though with the Monostat and Desitin references. :-)

tanya • August 21, 2007 at 10:29 pm

Even though I’m like the gazillionth person to comment here :0) I reviewed Fage on my blog too after hearing nothing but good things about it – and I was shocked that I thought it tasted so nasty! I thought something was wrong with me – but apparently people say it shouldn’t be eaten alone and that things should be added. But I like my stuff already packaged – I’m lazy, so I had to move on.

Angel • September 2, 2007 at 3:04 pm

God, you had me hyperventilating at the Buffy comment at first. Then I re-read it, plus your comment on a comment. WHEW. Otherwise I was going to say, them’s fightin’ words.

Why yes, I’m just an eensy bit obsessed with Buffy, why do you ask? LOL

renee • September 21, 2007 at 9:49 pm

so this is quite a bit later in response to this post (i’m a newbie reader!), but i’ve always seen fage and wondered about it but never tried it…but then again, i’m a devoted kefir fan…you should try that–i like the plain as it has significantly less sugar than flavored varieties, it’s a probiotic (whoo hoo for good bacteria!), and mix it with some frozen berries–a little soupy to spoon (although that’s what i end up doing out of laziness most times), but best put in a blender with fruit and a little flax…i don’t know about that greek yogurt thing, but THAT’s what i call a yummy breakfast.

Megan • October 4, 2007 at 9:49 pm

I’m with ya, girl! I tried Fage last week, with honey, and didn’t enjoy it at all. Yuck!

Cathleen • November 8, 2007 at 2:42 pm

I love using the 0% in place of sour cream in the Knorr Spinach Dip recipe. I also use light Hellman’s mayo. It’s great!

Tracy • July 2, 2009 at 4:28 am

@Mymsie – Definitely FA-yeh. Take it from a Greek!

Lexi • March 6, 2011 at 11:32 pm

I tried it twice and it’s gross. Simple as that lol. People love to rave about it and that is fine different strokes for different folks, but I’m a fan of flavorful food, not plain no taste bland mush lol. Healthy FANTASTIC, but I’ll stick to flavorful yogurts and enjoy life.