Progress Photo: 360 degrees of 180

My younger brother returned my camera last night, so I woke up early this morning to make the long-awaited progress photo. To ensure that this photo was taken exactly 10 pounds after the last one, I ate some cake and dropped some Jager bombs this weekend to get back up to 180. This had nothing to do with the ritualistic practice of buying kitchen utensils for my future sister-in-law or a night of debauchery with her bridesmaids. No, I did this for you so you know exactly what I look like at 180 and not 179. Those of you who do not have Flash installed in your browser can see the new picture on my images only progress page.

I’m wearing one of my new small t-shirts. When I was going through my files making this photo, I stumbled across an old PhotoShop image that estimated what I would look like when I was skinny. I can’t remember if I made this or if it was one Mark at CalorieLab made me. The timestamp says it was last modified on October 5, 2005, when I was weighing in at around 260 pounds. I compared it to the pictures I took this morning, and I look pretty much like the estimate projected. Except I have a perkier butt. (Thanks, Ana Caban!)

Butt comparison

So yeah, I’m looking pretty awesome. I’m still going to go for the last 20 pounds though. The reasons why are fodder for a whole ‘nother entry.

Anne • June 11, 2007 at 9:56 am

You look awesome!

nienuh • June 11, 2007 at 10:08 am

You look great! And I’m going to use your spinning thingy to make one of myself now that i’m pregnant. After that, I’m definitively going to use your site as motivation to become skinny.

Riley & Tiki's Mom • June 11, 2007 at 10:10 am

Clap! Calp! Clap! Yay! You look awesome!

Riley & Tiki's Mom • June 11, 2007 at 10:10 am

Clap! Calp! Clap! Yay! You look awesome!

Riley & Tiki's Mom • June 11, 2007 at 10:10 am

Clap! Calp! Clap! Yay! You look awesome!

Riley & Tiki's Mom • June 11, 2007 at 10:10 am

Clap! Calp! Clap! Yay! You look awesome!

Riley & Tiki's Mom • June 11, 2007 at 10:10 am

Clap! Calp! Clap! Yay! You look awesome!

Riley & Tiki's Mom • June 11, 2007 at 10:10 am

Clap! Calp! Clap! Yay! You look awesome!

Riley & Tiki's Mom • June 11, 2007 at 10:10 am

Clap! Calp! Clap! Yay! You look awesome!

Riley & Tiki's Mom • June 11, 2007 at 10:10 am

Clap! Calp! Clap! Yay! You look awesome!

Riley & Tiki's Mom • June 11, 2007 at 10:10 am

Clap! Calp! Clap! Yay! You look awesome!

Heather • June 11, 2007 at 10:11 am

Wow, way to go. It’s amazing to see how much your body has changed even just in the time since I’ve been reading.

I don’t envy the new clothes budget you must have to factor in each month– but otherwise *jealous*.

Many kudos!

Ross • June 11, 2007 at 10:13 am

I’m starting today, I admire you soooo much!!!!

You’re great, and you look just the way you are: GREAT!!!!!

dg • June 11, 2007 at 10:46 am

All hail the Queen! You look fab Jennette :)

mrs darling • June 11, 2007 at 11:00 am

You look fabulous! What an amazing feat! You give me hope that I can do this!

hopefulloser • June 11, 2007 at 11:02 am

You look amazing! Congratulations!!

LadyT • June 11, 2007 at 11:09 am

omg! this is amazing! You look phenominal! seriously!

You are a true inspiration…thank you sooo much for sharing your experience with us all…..

Kalyn • June 11, 2007 at 11:18 am

Just amazing! I think you look much more toned than the projected photo. Need to get working on the pilates myself!

Yes, do go for the last 20 pounds. Obviously you look fine right now, but there’s something about looking downright “thin” that really changes your outlook on life. I’ve been fat and I’ve been thin, and thin is definitely more empowering. And that is what it’s all about, how the way you look affects what you can do with your life.

Can’t wait to see you on Oprah some day.

Têtue • June 11, 2007 at 11:20 am

You look AWESOME! You’re such an inspiration. Can’t wait till I’m all skinny and hawt like you!

Christy • June 11, 2007 at 11:45 am

You look fab-u-lous!! 180 is my realistic goal for myself and can’t wait to get there!

JEM • June 11, 2007 at 11:52 am

Wow, you look amazing. Its crazy to me that you are 180…you look much smaller. I guess it is the exercise. Congrats! It is awesome to see how much a difference even 10 pounds makes! Thanks for the motivation once again!

PS. Is the estimator still around? I would like to try it.

Debbie • June 11, 2007 at 12:16 pm

Congratulations, Jennette. You look great.

ann • June 11, 2007 at 12:16 pm

You look incredible! Many congrats!

Rah • June 11, 2007 at 12:27 pm

“Awesome” is so overused these days, but girl you look AWESOME! Wooooo-hoooo! What an inspiration you have been and continue to be! Possibly a strange thing to say, but you have uncovered a lovely neck–just look at your first picture and then at this one. You’re a swan!

Her Grace • June 11, 2007 at 12:48 pm

Congrats on your weight loss…you look great!

I love that 360 view, that’s so cool.

Sarah • June 11, 2007 at 1:04 pm

You look incredible! Congrats on all your hard work. I hope you are very, very proud of yourself!

Rachel C. • June 11, 2007 at 1:10 pm

HOT WOMAN! You’re looking fantastic!

Joni • June 11, 2007 at 1:17 pm

What I like so much about the difference between your projected self and your current self is your posture. Your current is standing up so proud and tall; you’re way more confident than your projected self could even imagine you being! Keep it up, girl!

Laura • June 11, 2007 at 1:25 pm

Wow, great picture. You look so cute! That is amazing how close you look to the projection, but the reality is much perkier, not just the butt. =) And, those last 20 pounds, I totally understand. Pockets of fat around the middle, the freakin’ muffin top, and saddlebags with heavy thighs–there’s at least 30 pounds of fat on my body that others can’t really “see” but it’s there. Thank God we all wear clothes and don’t walk around nekkid.

Patty • June 11, 2007 at 1:31 pm

Way to go PQ, you are looking great! Yeah, that comparison/prediction shot is close.

Kate • June 11, 2007 at 1:55 pm

I think you look incredible – and your clothes actually FIT, which is so, so, flattering.

angie • June 11, 2007 at 2:07 pm

PQ – just let me echo what everyone else has already said (why re-invent the wheel, afterall)…CONGRATULATIONS and YOU LOOK MAH-VELOUS! Truly inspiring!

spacedcowgirl • June 11, 2007 at 2:19 pm

You look SO thin! Congratulations!!

shelly • June 11, 2007 at 2:47 pm

You look wonderful! Congrats and I can’t wait for the book!!!

One other thing…I know you were having issues with a new book title…but no matter what you call it…I think you should have your before and after on the cover….that alone would make me buy the book…it’s the same reason I pick up magazines with weight loss before & after photos on the cover!!!

Riley & Tiki's Mom • June 11, 2007 at 10:10 am

Clap! Calp! Clap! Yay! You look awesome!

KP • June 11, 2007 at 3:22 pm

You look fantastic! Congrats!

Kimberly • June 11, 2007 at 3:25 pm

I agree with Shelly’s suggestion wholeheartedly. Honest to goodness before and after photos (not airbrushed…not slathered in makeup and hair products you’d never use in real life…) would be a big hit, I think. =)

You look amazing! Thanks once again for the inspiration! I got down to 189 today! Saying goodbye to the 190′s forever!

Chris H • June 11, 2007 at 3:40 pm

YOU look friggin AMAZING, AWESOME, GORGEOUS, STUPENDOUS, FAN-FRIKKIN-TASTIC, and you deserve to !!!!!

Hilly • June 11, 2007 at 4:16 pm

You look amazing amazing amazing! Man, I remember when….you have just taken this thing by storm and I am so proud to know you!

deannna • June 11, 2007 at 4:18 pm

wow, the difference from start to now is astonishing! I can’t believe you want to lose another 20 – good for you! Godspeed!

Jess • June 11, 2007 at 4:22 pm

Congrats on everything :) I have been catching up on your journey through your archives and am now a faithful reader! Could you possibly do an overlay of your current self on top of your beginning self? Keep up the good work!

Grayson • June 11, 2007 at 4:46 pm

From one girl geek to another, you look really, really good! And you must be tall: I look like your 190-ish picture at just 120-ish and 5’3″. I’ve enjoyed reading through your archives (got the tip from mamacita chilena over at ohquepasa.blogspot.com). You write very well and just about sentence is entertaining. Love your honesty too.

egoldstein • June 11, 2007 at 4:54 pm

You lied… you do not have flabby arms. Great picture, you look good in red.

Miss Music • June 11, 2007 at 5:23 pm

As a lurker who has been reading for awhile but has yet to comment, I just wanted to chime in and say how wonderful you look! I lost over 90 pounds from 2002 to 2004, but have put about 20 back on while working on my graduate degree. Your blog has inspired me to get back on track with healthy living. And I can’t wait for the book!

Kyle • June 11, 2007 at 5:59 pm

Great to see your progress, very impressive!

Keep up the good work :)

shinypenny • June 11, 2007 at 6:22 pm

Always so cool to see these. I’m thinking that in a perfect world your book would have one of those holographic images on front, so that as you tilt the book from left to right, the reader would see you go from fatter to thinner. The world is not perfect, but at least we have the internets.

e • June 11, 2007 at 6:46 pm

I concur re before after pics on cover.

Maybe your fat self facing your thin self and staring into each other’s eyes, but with a sly smile on your thin self’s face!

Or maybe your thin self can be facing toward your fat self, but w/ face turned towards camera.

And … I say YES to major makeup and hair for cover!

Joy • June 11, 2007 at 7:01 pm

Wow – you look positively willowy! Your neck is so long and graceful! Full of envy – and admiration!!! Congratulations and looking forward to the book!!

Kate • June 11, 2007 at 7:36 pm

You are such an inspiration!

BrightAngel • June 11, 2007 at 8:21 pm

Good job.

Cindy • June 11, 2007 at 9:18 pm

You’re not the QUEEN for nothing…Way to go! You look AMAZING, any way you slice it. Go for the “last 20″ but don’t make yourself crazy. You are perfect just the way you are. My wish is that everyone who wants to can achieve half of what you’ve done. Keep telling us your story and we’ll all follow along.

Brigitte • June 11, 2007 at 9:22 pm

You look amazing. What amazing strenght you have to complete this journey. I am in awe.

Congrats.

Roz • June 11, 2007 at 9:22 pm

Awesome! I agree that red is your colour. Also, you cut your hair again? Anyways, congrats and keep it up. You are a terrific inspiration.

Brigitte • June 11, 2007 at 9:23 pm

You look amazing. What incredible strenght you have to complete this journey. I am in awe.

Congrats.

Jeni • June 11, 2007 at 9:36 pm

Incredible! You look so great – you should be so proud. Congrats!

jae • June 12, 2007 at 3:54 am

You look so great!!!! I almost can’t believe that’s you on the side of the screen. Bravo for you!!! ~j

Lose Weight With Me • June 12, 2007 at 7:21 am

You are looking awesome, PQ, perky butt and everything!

:-)

Brian

jeri • June 12, 2007 at 8:18 am

PQ-you are the bomb! You have given me so much inspiration–I’ve read your blog everyday since Jan. 07–that’s when I started my journey….and I’ve loved every word. I recommend your site to all my friends.

You look gorgeous and you must feel absolutely wonderful. I can’t wait to buy your book.

Marla • June 12, 2007 at 3:58 pm

INCREDIBLE. You look wonderful, little miss perky butt. And you are still wondering why guys hit on you…?

You know, it really makes me realize how far from reality our conception of women’s weight is. You are 180. You look like– I would have guessed 145, 150. I always say it’s because the only time we read a woman’s weight is on the back of the centerfold, where they all claim to be 108 pounds. And you know everything they say there is TRUE.

d • June 12, 2007 at 6:55 pm

I agree that red is your color.

Also, I turned you around, and your ass is about 800% smaller than at 190. It’s almost scary how it shrunk and you only lost 10 lbs. Wow — it looks great.

Natalie • June 12, 2007 at 9:15 pm

I’m always 1 post behind in my comments here… Your face & hands look so slim in the pasta review post. On your progress photos you can really see it when your face is forward. I am a giddy, excited Pasta Queen fan. But I wanted to ask: How often do you do the Pilates video?

PastaQueen • June 13, 2007 at 10:48 am

Natlie – My hands are *way* smaller. I have a size 10 ring that fit on my ring finger when I started that now fits on my thumb. Thank God I’m not married or else I’d had to have had my rings resized about 5 times by now. Also, I do the Pilates about every other day or every 3rd day. Basically about 3 times a week. I’ve also gotten to a point now where I can do it without the video (frightening, I know). I’m thinking I need to switch things up a bit and learn a new routine so I don’t get bored of that one.

s • June 13, 2007 at 12:45 pm

Now that you have all these pics, you should do some cool Flash animation involving you spinning into your present size!

Erin • June 13, 2007 at 5:42 pm

YAY!!!!!

(I’m late to the game, sorry dear!)

Teresa • June 14, 2007 at 1:10 pm

Wow you’re looking great. Big Congrats.

Mymsie • June 15, 2007 at 9:32 am

WOW – you look incredible! Congrats!!

Country Chicken • June 15, 2007 at 7:34 pm

Amazing. You could pass for 140 pounds.

lola • June 16, 2007 at 10:08 am

oh, Pastaqueen. YOU’RE KILLING ME. you told me about your blog while doing tequila shots this weekend. now i’m addicted. (to the blog, not tequila.) i haven’t gotten any work done in a week because all i do is read your blog all day long. (and you’re killing the people i work with too- they keep walking in and catching me reading it, and now they’re all hooked.) and i’m only at april 2006! i still have another 14 months! DAMN YOU, PASTAQUEEN!

p.s. you look totally fabulous. and you’re totally inspiring- and not just because of the weight loss factor, but how much discipline and determination it takes to stop talking about something and just do it. i’m going to start doing things that i’ve been meaning to do forever too. as soon as i’m done reading this blog.

You Are Not A Machine. You Are Not Alone. | Smashing Magazine