Happy Mother’s Day!

Happy Mother’s Day to my mom! Thanks, Mom, for never nagging me about my weight, never making me go on a diet and never making me feel bad about my size. You’ve saved me so much money, not just on diet shakes I never bought, but on therapy I’ve never needed. You are awesome!

I love my mother so much, I bought this last night:

OMG, it’s in my kitchen! That’s right, I brought white flour into my apartment for the first time in years. I would have sooner thought I’d find a rat doing the cha-cha behind my salt canister, but there it sits. It was a required ingredient in an otherwise healthy recipe for strawberry cheesecake. I considered trying to use whole-wheat flour in the batter, but decided I didn’t want to screw up the recipe. Mom deserves the best fat-free, cheesecake I can make.

The cheesecake was scrumptious, but I felt like I was committing an act against nature when I put cottage cheese in the blender. It tasted the same after it was smoothed, but the texture was so off it reminded me of glue. There was a definite “Ew” factor. But that went away once I added the other ingredients.

Now, I will stuff the white flour into the back of the cabinet until the time I use it next Mother’s Day.

ETA: As requested, here is the recipe for Strawberry Cheesecake from the Cooking Light web site.

Kyle • May 13, 2007 at 10:42 pm

Happy Mother’s Day to your mom, my mom, and all the moms out there…

I have to say, this past weekend I finished reading all your archives. I’m now wondering what I’m going to do with my free internet time. But until I find another blog I love enough to read through 3 years of past history, could you please update more, and write longer entries to keep me occupied? Thanks :P

All kidding aside, you’re doing a great job, keep it up!

suckstobefat • May 13, 2007 at 11:23 pm

Ok, now we have to have the recipe! :)

PastaQueen • May 13, 2007 at 11:26 pm

I got the recipe at the Cooking Light Website. Here’s the link:

Strawberry Cheesecake

Kalyn • May 13, 2007 at 11:49 pm

If you’re really not using it until next Mother’s Day, put that flour in the freezer! (I agree, whole wheat flour in cheesecake is a bad idea!)

Kimberly • May 14, 2007 at 12:24 am

The therapy you never needed…love that concept! I owe my mum thanks for that as well. =)

vickie • May 14, 2007 at 2:22 am

FREEZER – not cupboard. . .

Sarah • May 14, 2007 at 2:28 am

Cheesecake is seriously my weakness! I can say no to just about any other high calorie food but it just seems like a sin to not eat cheesecake. I think I had it 2 or three times while I was home in the US and only once was that FF. oops! Thanks for the recipe (although I can’t find ff cottage cheese here so I won’t be trying it out anytime soon which may be for the best as I’d probably eat the whole thing!).

Andrea • May 14, 2007 at 8:49 am

Yeah, definitely freezer. It will prevent bugs from invading, which will happen if it sits in the back of your pantry.

Amy • May 14, 2007 at 9:16 am

plastic container in the freezer, or it will absorb all sorts of nasty flavors you don’t want in your next cheesecake.

PastaQueen • May 14, 2007 at 9:48 am

Okay, I might just throw the stuff out then because I doubt I’ll be using it anytime soon and I don’t have much room in the freezer.

Lora • May 14, 2007 at 4:43 pm

If you’re not going to use that flour for a while, put it in the freezer! It will get stale sitting on your shelf.