Weight: 190 – Pounds left to lose: 30

Those of you who were hoping I’d officially lose half my body weight this week will have to hold out a little bit longer. I’ve waited over 2 years for it to happen. I can wait another couple weeks.

I’ve got the winter blahs today, feeling about as fresh as the yucky, grey snow the plows have churned up onto the side of the road. I was in my pajamas until 1:00 today just catching up on TV shows, which is unusual for me. There is always a slight desire to get sucked into that black hole of afternoon napping and growing a human vegetable garden on the couch, but I know I’ve got to stay on this side of the event horizon if I want to stay healthy and sane. So I changed out of my pajamas and right into my exercise clothes to do Pilates and my first go round of a weight training DVD by Cathe, who DietGirl raves about. I can feel all the tiny micro-tears in my muscles right now. I’ll be lucky if I can pick up a spoon to eat tomorrow.

Debbie • February 10, 2007 at 4:01 pm

I know what you mean about the winter blahs. It’s great that you only have 30 left to lose. Good luck.

jules • February 10, 2007 at 4:39 pm

What was the weight training dvd call, I have been looking for a good one.

damn • February 10, 2007 at 4:56 pm

God, girl, you are 190!!! 190!!!!!

That is like my dream weight. If I were you, I’d go to the biggest mall in whereever you live tonight in jeans, sweater, and a cute scarf and just cruise around the place, enjoying your thinness. Go to Barnes and noble, or the various candle shops, and just walk around and enjoy being thin …

damn • February 10, 2007 at 5:11 pm

PQ, one of the blogs on your blogroll, Hello I am Fat, has a new post about how dropping tons of weight (hers, via gastric surgery) causes all the hormones stored in your fat to flood into your bloodstream, causing PMS like symptoms.

Is this true? Or, rather, was it ever true for you, you think?

Chris H • February 10, 2007 at 5:30 pm

Well, good things take time, and a slow loss will stay off eh? Good luck with the new exercise DVD too.

dg • February 10, 2007 at 7:30 pm

You bought a Cathe DVD!!! Hella cool! Can I ask which one? Did she say “You did a GREAT JOB, I’ll see you NEXT WORKOUT” at the end of it? I would punch her for sounding so perky but normally I am too knackered to bother by then. Hope you enjoyed it alright!

Melissa • February 10, 2007 at 10:10 pm

Keep motivated and know you are doing a GREAT job! We are rooting for you to make it past half your weight. I know you can do it.

PastaQueen • February 10, 2007 at 10:41 pm

jules – I got the Cathe Friedrich’s Vol. 3 Intensity Series: Pyramid Upper & Pyramid Lower Body DVD. I’ve only done it once, but it seemed pretty good. I need to get a weight bench or something comparable though. There are a LOT of Cathe DVDs. She’s evidently very popular.

damn – Anne at “Hello, I Am Fat” just had weight loss surgery, so she’s losing weight a lot faster than I did. However, the first two months I remember being a lot hornier than normal. No PMS though.

Lorrie (Token Fat Girl) • February 11, 2007 at 9:13 am

Your blog is so inspiring! I like what you said about putting on exercise clothes, sometimes thats all it takes is putting them on then you feel like you must exercise. Good job!

-Lorrie

Bree • February 11, 2007 at 12:24 pm

As I sit here in MY PJ’s at 12:30 right now I must say your post has inspired me. Hopefully enough to walk away from the laptop and search under my bed for my hand weights. I’ve got to get with the program. Wish me willpower. :)

Deb • February 11, 2007 at 12:37 pm

Sorry if this is too random… I stumbled upon your blog last night while searching for bras on Google. My search brought up your post about finding odd sized bras. Go figure.

Anyway, your story intrigued me – so I started from the beginning. Yes – in less than 12 hours (including about 8 of which I slept) I have read your blog from beginning to now.

What a transformation! Not just in size (we can all see that from the progress photos) but also in demeanor. Maybe it’s just my perception – but you seem to be more outgoing and more willing to share (at least here in cyberspace) of yourself.

The first thing I thought when I saw the premise of this blog was that you had surgery to lose weight. When I realized that you had done all of this by (gasp) eating better and exercising – I was even more impressed.

I am a fat girl – and I have about 50 lbs to lose. I *know* what I need to do to lose it – but seem to get sidetracked ::ooh shiny things on the web::.

Thank you for sharing your progress with the world – and super-congrats on your book deal! I will be watching – and purchasing when it is ready.

Deb

anji • February 11, 2007 at 4:56 pm

It’s 4:58 pm and I’m still in my PJs… but – again, the fat ain’t going anywhere and well – think that has something to do with it?? :D

Good job on getting out of the garden and into the sweat :)

anji

Les • February 12, 2007 at 8:48 am

30lbs to go is great. Loosing weight slowly is better.

english muffin top • February 12, 2007 at 10:31 am

30 pounds to go pq, you’ll blast that off in no time- so long as you stay off the cat food! I believe it’s quite high in calories hehe…

I hope the blahs go away soon, its this time of year and we all want to hibernate and eat cake mmm

Janice Bridge • February 12, 2007 at 5:40 pm

PQ et.al. I have been pretty lazy this month. MArk it to the February ‘blahs’. But your post motivated me to do 45 minutes on the eliptical yesterday and 60 minutes in aqua aerobics this morning.

Thanks for the boost in the right direction.

Warm tea with lemon slices – or water with lemon – highly recomended for sunny thoughts

Emma • February 13, 2007 at 4:53 pm

Wow, 30 pounds is great! I’m a first-time visitor and I mus say, I’m in awe of your achievements! Keep on truckin’ and you’ll be at your goal weight in no time!

A Better Me • February 16, 2007 at 4:48 pm

Wow you have done great! I came across your site for the 1st time today, and you are very inspiring for me in my early stages of weight loss. Keep it up!