Weight: 191 – Pounds left to lose: 31

I little bounce up to 191 this week, but long-time readers will know this is no big deal. If you had a scale that measured finely enough you’d realize that your weight is constantly changing. Your cells are always burning energy, your kidneys filtering out waste, and your body retains different amounts of water on different days. So it’s 191 this week. Who knows what it will be next week?

Also, does anyone know where the treadmill service repair man is? He was supposed to come between 8am-12pm to do the yearly maintenance check on my treadmill. It’s exactly 12:00 as I type this and the only people in my apartment are me, my cat, the spider in the corner, and possibly a critter of some unknown species that I’ve heard crawling in the attic at night. Last night my mother called me to say Sears had called her to confirm the appointment. Considering that she still has the same phone number that we had when we all lived in a house together, I have to wonder if the owners of our old house got a visit from the local Sears repair man this morning. I clearly specified my new address when I made the appointment though, so it’s not my fault, though I’ve just wasted my whole morning waiting for nothing. Kind of like all that time I wasted when I was fat, waiting for my life to start. The warranty expires in a week though, so if he doesn’t show up I’m going to have to take time off work to schedule another appointment. Me = pissed.

ETA: Yep, just called Sears and that’s exactly what happened. So now I have to get my mom to call the warranty department to change the info and then schedule another appointment. I’m going to go smash something now.

Linda S • January 13, 2007 at 1:29 pm

Just came across your blog–fantastic site. Congratulations on your weight loss! You are an encouragement!!!!

mal • January 13, 2007 at 2:28 pm

I would think it would be a little common, as you near your goal, to see more fluctuation up and down. If you look at it that way, you’re probably right on track! (Unlike the repairman.)

digsite • January 13, 2007 at 2:54 pm

sorry bout the repair guy. what will u do when the warranty expires? will you get another service package or something?

I know what u mean about weight changing from week to week. so annoying tho.

Zanitta • January 13, 2007 at 8:37 pm

Wow, that sounds annoying. At least there was a logical (if somewhat idiotic) explanation for it. I love the attitude you have about your weight fluctuation (I’m a bit of a scale slave!)

Janice Bridge • January 13, 2007 at 11:34 pm

Well Pasta Queen . . are you ready for us to form the betting pool?

You are within 5 pounds of actually weighing half of what you weighed when you named your blog “Half of Me” . . . you could reach this milestone within the month, or a few days into February.

Looks like a reason for a big celebration to me!!!

What do you say, fellow Pasta Queen fans. . . .how shall we help her celebrate?

ky_expatriate • January 14, 2007 at 2:30 am

Hey darlink, I just found this after checking out your profile on our shared server (I just changed mine, and wanted to see what you’d listed on yours.) The last pictures you posted are ASTOUNDING, and I am so incredibly proud of you. I remember being impressed by you and your accomplishments in high school, but I’m astounded by you now. Bravo, bravo, bravo, for taking charge of your life and health in such a profound way. I want to shout you to the rooftops!

Greta • January 14, 2007 at 4:43 pm

I have been away for a while and came back to catch up. . WOW you have lost more weight! I missed last week’s 190 so 191 seems like a loss compared to a few weeks ago. Keep up the good work. You are doing terrifically well! Yes, I am looking forward to your “half” accomplishment day, too. Great work!

Allison M now L • January 14, 2007 at 10:00 pm

Hey girl! My mom just told me about your blog and I had to check it out. I am equally impressed with your writing as your health endeavor success. Congratulations! (I always resented the boobs you had….welcome to what our hereditary left for us….or didn’t leave! Yours are still way bigger than mine.)

Patty • January 14, 2007 at 10:13 pm

The weight fluctuation are just what we have to deal with and I know you handle them in stride and know it will come off next week or the next. Bummer about the repair man not making there when he was expected, that sucks.

Dori • January 15, 2007 at 6:53 am

I enjoyed reading your “interview” below. I lost 60 pounds (reached that # five years ago) and over time with loss of exercise have put a few pounds back on (not all, I’m two numbers above BMI now)…. time to loose it again, this time its exercise and get active again.

Buy Experiences, Not Things - The Atlantic
Money can buy happiness if you spend it on experiences, not things.