Weight: 190 – Pounds left to lose: 30

Down two pounds this week on the weekly weigh-in. We’ve hit a number that ends in a 0, so what does that mean, children? Anyone? Yes, Lucy, you raised your hand first. Why yes, that’s right. It’s time to take the digital camera off the shelf and make some more progress photos. Look for them by Monday. Lucy, you get a gold star.

I’d also like to thank everyone who posts comments on the blog. You’ve been particularly heartwarming lately and if you don’t cut it out my left ventricle is going to burst into flames. I know you keep telling me I’m inspiring, but you guys are pretty inspiring too. I am rubber, you are glue. But if someday I develop an enormous ego, it will be completely your fault. You keep telling a girl she’s wonderful and she might start to believe it. Which is why you should tell people they are wonderful. So frequently people who want to lose weight will bash themselves and cut themselves down, but it’s when you think you are worth the effort of self-improvement that you have a chance of getting somewhere. So thanks to everyone for reminding me that I’m worth it.

Dee • January 6, 2007 at 10:13 am

you truly are amazing! <3 Congrats @ the 2lbs!!!

Dee • January 6, 2007 at 10:14 am

er, i guess my little keyboard heart wiped out what else i said heh, “Congrats for another 2lbs gone hun!!”

Mark • January 6, 2007 at 10:35 am

You’re not just rubber. Nor are you just glue. You are rubber cement.

That’s what’s so inspiring about you.

Smissy • January 6, 2007 at 11:06 am

Congrats PQ – you continue to inspire me! You also just reminded me of my worth – All I’ve been able to think about this morning is “What else can I eat?” However, I’ve made too much progress to ruin it this morning.

Also PQ – I read your post all the time and I was wondering – How have your family, friends and co-workers reacted to your weight loss? Do you notice more attention from people? I’ve found that it seems to work a couple ways – I get more attention because of the weight loss but I also think it’s partly the vibe I give off – I FEEL so much better and I think people respond to that. I’d be really interested to hear what you’ve experienced.

ooooh • January 6, 2007 at 11:23 am

make them now, make them now!!! i can’t wait till monday.

Girl, do you realize at this rate you will be wearing TANKTOPS come summer?? Tanktops and bathing suits.

Jill • January 6, 2007 at 11:39 am

you need to update your pics! i can’t wait to see how you look!!

Lynette • January 6, 2007 at 11:49 am

Inspiring, smart, funny. Great insights, great writing. My favorite blog! You rock outloud girlfriend!

jen • January 6, 2007 at 12:58 pm

Looking forward to the new pictures. You’ll be at goal before you know it. :)

Hilly • January 6, 2007 at 1:05 pm

You ARE wonderful for sure….you amaze me each week with your losses and great attitude.

Monica • January 6, 2007 at 1:42 pm

You’re going to start taking pics every 10 lbs? Yay!

Amanda Jane • January 6, 2007 at 2:22 pm

Another 2lbs gone for good! Congratulations and YOU ARE BLOODY WONDERFUL & INSPIRING! :)

Erin • January 6, 2007 at 2:47 pm

Congratulations!

Debbi • January 6, 2007 at 3:46 pm

Sooo worth it. We all are. I’m totally psyched that you’re within spittin’ distance of your goal!

C. Froggenhall • January 6, 2007 at 3:51 pm

Yippee, can’t wait to see the new pics!

kalmia • January 6, 2007 at 4:42 pm

Wow, you just whipped through that decade! Looking forward to your progress pics.

Denise • January 6, 2007 at 7:31 pm

Can’t wait to see the new update pictures. I love your blog and yes you are truly inspirational. Not to mention you make me laugh and smile. One question, can you come to my house, cook for me and get me in gear??? Huh, well can you??

Samiam • January 6, 2007 at 8:42 pm

way to go! awesome job!

Marshmallow • January 6, 2007 at 9:21 pm

[insert compliments about being inspirational with more creative adjectives here]

Looking forward to seeing those progress photos! I was going to make one for myself soon but then Christmas came along and stuffed it up for everyone. Thank goodness we have you with your numbers endinging 0! :-D

Marshmallow • January 6, 2007 at 9:22 pm

And omfg, ‘endinging’? I invented a Flanderalicious word! Totallydoodlyariffic! Okily Dokily!

dg • January 7, 2007 at 10:00 am

PQ, thou art a legend. well done :) cannae wait to see the new pics!

i also wanted to say thanks for putting up the link to your pilates dvd, it was a lifesaver! i ended up ordering a pilates and a yoga dvd from the same company and they are sooo good. i’ve been trying to find a pilates dvd for yonks that wasn’t done by some clapped out celebrity!

Monica • January 7, 2007 at 2:50 pm

4 more pounds and you’re going to be half of what you used to be. Yeah, I like playing with your sidebar numbers.

Oh, and you’re 0.1 points from reaching dietgirl’s BMI (using her dec 31st post). After that, I propose mud wrestling to determine the winner.

christie • January 7, 2007 at 4:51 pm

Hey PQ I loooove leaving you comments and I’m glad that every little bit helps. I feel the same way getting comments and I think we all need it to keep us going. I don’t know HOW people lose weight without blogs LOL I am addicted to reading them, writing in mine, and enjoying the community with everyone.

Can’t wait to see the new photos!

PastaQueen • January 7, 2007 at 8:17 pm

Monica – Hey now, we’re *all* winners when we lose, aren’t we? And I love Diet Girl, but if we’re going to wrestle in something I insist it be sugar-free, fat-free chocolate pudding.

Annie • January 7, 2007 at 11:01 pm

Woohoo….I have been hoping you were going to do some progress photo some time soon. I’ll be watching for them. Speaking of pics. I have been thinking of using the flash you shared a while back and get my own process pics up and going.

dg • January 8, 2007 at 10:10 am

Mmmm, pudding! Monica, i am blown away by your mathematical skillz! not only did you have do some subtraction to figure out my Dec 31st weight, you then had to calculate the bmi and compare it to PQ’s… that is bloody hilarious :)

dg • January 8, 2007 at 10:12 am

(i’m up for the wrestling but just give me time to find one of those full-body swimsuits to hold in all my wobbly bits ;)

PastaQueen • January 8, 2007 at 10:23 am

dg – Which one is your trick knee again, right or left? :)

Aunt Annette • January 8, 2007 at 12:33 pm

Smissy – I’m Jennette’s aunt. You wanted to know how Jennette’s family has reacted to her weight loss. I only get to see her a few times a year, if I am lucky. For all of these years, she has always been shy but usually content and pleasant. I first noticed a change when she came to my wedding all dressed up in a stunning formal gown. It was more than the dress, though. Of course, I noticed that she had lost weight. But … she absolutely radiates beauty. Her smile is dazzling. And you can tell that Jennette loves herself, and you can’t help but love her too. That was the biggest change I could see then. I was pretty busy that day, so I didn’t get much chance to visit with her.

At Thanksgiving we were together again and the glow was even stronger. But that’s when I noticed that Jennette was more open and eager to talk and share herself with her cousins and the rest of the family. And it struck me that I had probably never heard her laughing at all, and certainly not so mirthfully. Her Mom had told me about this blog, but I had never checked it out until recently. I am so happy to finally get to know Jennette this way! I never expected to find that she and I had been through so many similar challenges. (For instance, my frustration in finding a size 44A bra. Who would’a thunk we had the same size tits?!) Her Mom and I have always shared stories about our kids, and I knew second-hand that Jennette is an amazing woman. But I am finding out myself first-hand and I am so proud to have her as my niece.

Six years ago, I was diagnosed with diabetes and I had to lose 60 pounds darn quick. I’ve got the weight pretty much under control, as well as the effects of diabetes. But I now find myself coming here to get some inspiration from the pastaqueen when I need to goose myself and get back with the program. Thanks for the inspiration, Jennetti-Spaghetti! You are doing such a great job!

Love, Aunt Annette

Cherie • January 8, 2007 at 3:35 pm

Aww, that comment from your aunt should be a guest post to allow for all the attention it deserves!

You are wonderful, wonderful, wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. Full of wonder. Inspiring wonder. You just keep doing it and sharing your wisdom and sense of humor. Count me in with those who think you should publish a book.

Monica • January 8, 2007 at 5:26 pm

i am blown away by your mathematical skillz!

Math is my homie.

Yup.

Ooohh, all right!

I think chocolate pudding would do a very good job at covering all bits, wobbly or not.

sadinoel • January 11, 2007 at 6:36 pm

I cannot tell you how much I admire your will and perseverence.

Buy Experiences, Not Things - The Atlantic
Money can buy happiness if you spend it on experiences, not things.

The Man Who Smuggles Trader Joe’s into Canada