Weight: 198.4 – Pounds left to lose: 38.4

I’m down half a pound this week, but basically holding steady. This isn’t a surprise because my left ankle was hurting Monday when I tried to walk or jog, so I haven’t done any cardio this week. Better to let it heal than to push it too far and cause a serious injury. I hate breaking my routine though. You never know if it’s going to be the first slip down the Slip N’ Slide to inactivity. First I stop exercising, then I’ll start eating junk food again and next thing you know my hand will get stuck in the bottom of the Pringles potato chip cylinder and my only exercise for the day will be wrenching it off my pudgy wrist.

r • December 2, 2006 at 4:51 pm

That’s a good idea. Mentally preparing for and dealing with minor injuries is important in the journey to fitness.

If you go to runner’s world dot com, there are tons of tips on how to deal with ankle pain.

BTW, I’m the nut job who posted like four times that you look like katie holmes in your about me pic, but you TOTALLY DO!

vickie • December 2, 2006 at 6:41 pm

When a door closes, a window opens – old fashioned floor exercises (like situps, leg lifts, etc) – anything to help you keep your sense of routine is helpful (I have found).

PastaQueen • December 2, 2006 at 10:43 pm

r – I updated the pic on the “About” page a month or two ago. Weird that you mention Katie Holmes because she babysat my cousins one summer before she became Tom Cruise’s baby incubator.

vickie – I have kept up with my Pilates, I just miss my sweatin’ cardio!

dg • December 3, 2006 at 9:19 am

oooh hope the ankle is on the mend soon, take care tiger!

me • December 3, 2006 at 3:30 pm

PQ, you are such good motivation it’s not even funny — I am your height, but 10 lbs heavier, and want to be at/or close to your goal weight by late august 07. Have lost nine since mid sept. It’s so cool how you continue to get thinner and thinner.

Patty • December 4, 2006 at 12:52 am

Way to go on losing 1/2 lb. more! I know what you mean by injuries. I had to give up cardio for a while cause of a pulled muscle in my leg but I’m back at it now and seems ok. Keep up the good work.

Samiam • December 4, 2006 at 11:08 pm

wohoo! half a pound lost is still a victory, especially considering your wise cut back on cardio considering your injury. Good job!

Heather • December 5, 2006 at 2:41 pm

Definately don’t push too much and make the injury worse— a month off is worse than a week, etc.

I know what you mean about that sneaky lil slope– but remember not to be too afraid of it, either!