Weight: 195 – Pounds left to lose: 35

I knew that 201 last week was menstrual bloat. Combine that with the running I’ve been doing now that my ankle has healed and you get the splendiferous number 195. Boo yah! Only 35 pounds left. Wow. That sounds doable, unlike the 210 pounds I was faced with at the beginning.

In other scale experiments, I compared my naked weigh-in weight to my pajama-wearing weigh-in weight and was stunned to see a 1.2 pound difference. Woah, I had no idea PQ’s PJs weighed that much. I thought my Sailor Moon T-shirt, light-weight cotton pajama pants and undies would only come in at half a pound at most.

Last night I weighed myself on my fancy, fat-measuring scale and was surprised to see it read 35% body fat. When I weighed in this morning it was at 40%. I knew the manual said it had a 5% margin of error, but wow, it really does have a 5% margin of error. Since I’m dehydrated in the mornings I suppose it thinks I have more body fat than I do. That or the fat fairy is visiting me in the middle of the night to refill my fat cells.

Amanda Jane • December 16, 2006 at 1:00 pm

35 pounds to go! WOW! you must be so proud of yourself and so focused on getting to the goal now it is so near! I am so happy for you and you are truly an inspiration! You go girl! :)

Smissy • December 16, 2006 at 2:50 pm

Congrats! You’re story helps keep me motivated to lose weight (15lbs so far!). You should feel so proud of all the people you’ve helped lose weight. You’re hard work is very obviously paying off. You’re incredible!

Julie • December 16, 2006 at 3:15 pm

It’s hard to believe that I could be so incredibly happy for someone I’ve never met, but I am.

You are an inspiration.

dg • December 16, 2006 at 4:48 pm

huzzah! well done PQ, you rule the school :)

Kala • December 16, 2006 at 8:08 pm

Must feel great to have your eye on the finish line. I wouldn’t know what to think if I only had 35 to go, congrats! I love watching you succeed.

gof • December 16, 2006 at 10:59 pm

So, what are you doing when you hit goal??

I think South Beach Diet should pay for a free vacation to South Beach. I mean, could you be better advertising?

christie • December 17, 2006 at 1:09 am

Way to go, PQ!!!!!! Awesome number!

Patty • December 17, 2006 at 2:27 pm

Way to go on 195! You are doing so awesome and the holidays aren’t affecting you! You rock! Running really does make a difference and help the wt loss along. Here’s to a great 2007 and the year we both get to our goals!

PastaQueen • December 17, 2006 at 9:33 pm

gof – I’m thinking trip to Europe. I’ve never been and now I’ll be able to fit on the plane comfortably, er, as comfortably as coach can be. As far as money goes thought, I may spend my savings on LASIK surgery before I go cavorting across the Old World. Haven’t quite decided yet.

JM • December 18, 2006 at 12:41 am

Way to go!

I must admit, I kind of hate you, because when I started reading this you were way fatter than me, and now you’ve left me in the dust. But it’s a good hate. A friendly, impressed hate.

Debbi • December 18, 2006 at 7:31 am

I can only echo what all your other fans are saying: You’re an inspiration. Glad to know your ankle has healed! That nice big juicy loss must be a great motivator.

K • December 18, 2006 at 9:12 am

Yes, and I imagine in a few months I’ll be looking at you kind of squinty-eyed.

Because you now officially weigh less than I did when I started… and given your success rate so far, you’re going to leave me in the dust pretty quickly, too. (And no, I haven’t even lost 35 pounds.)

Only kidding! Go you!

Janice Bridge • December 18, 2006 at 5:57 pm

Congratulations PQ – you KNEW it would happen. . . and it has. . .

New Photos soon? Perhaps to start the new year?

lulu • December 18, 2006 at 6:31 pm

If this is a stupid question I will take the shame, but how can a scale measure your fat and water content? does it zap you with microwaves? If so, isn’t that rather worrying?

PastaQueen • December 18, 2006 at 10:44 pm

lulu – It sends a very small jolt of electricty through your body. You don’t feel it, though I think if you have a pacemaker it’s not recommended. The description for my scale explains it:

“Tanita’s body composition analyzers monitor your body fat and body water levels with Bioelectric Impedance Analysis, or BIA, the same advanced technology used by doctors. Foot pads send a low-level electrical signal. Then BIA measures the resistance to this signal as it travels through the body.”

lulu • December 19, 2006 at 1:42 pm

I thought it would turn out to have been a stupid question. Reading your later post I realised that in a previous life I could have been one of those despairing artisans hurling clogs into Arkwright’s Flying Shuttle. Still, I’m glad you’re not getting slowly cooked, so thanks for putting my mind at rest.

Buy Experiences, Not Things - The Atlantic
Money can buy happiness if you spend it on experiences, not things.