Progress Pictures!!

I have this urge to be spun round and round, but there aren’t any merry-go-rounds nearby and I’m too big to fit on the rotating platter in my microwave, so I guess I’ll have to settle for this latest progress picture. And just for shock value (danger, danger, high voltage!), here’s the old 372 pound pic too:

I couldn’t tell if there was much of a difference from the last one only 20 pounds ago, so I made another movie to confirm there was some change. It was a bit tricky because I’ve moved since I took the last picture, so I couldn’t take it in the same spot without breaking and entering. Is accuracy really worth a felony conviction? I suppose if I did it on a regular basis I could compare mug shots. But I lined it up as best as I could without breaking the law:

Patty • October 24, 2006 at 9:35 pm

Just gotta say WOW! Cool pictures that you did! Like that rotating thing that would be cool to do and the other too. You’re looking great and you’ve come so far. Great inspiration.

Megan • October 24, 2006 at 9:53 pm

Wow!

I started reading your website about a month ago and find it so awesome! I need to lose about 45-50 pounds and seeing how hard you’ve worked and how far you’ve come is just extra motivation for me to get my butt to the gym and away from the junk food. Cheers!

Lynette • October 24, 2006 at 10:10 pm

Fantastic! There’s a LOT of difference between now and 20 lbs ago. You look GREAT!

Red • October 24, 2006 at 10:40 pm

Damn, girl. You look amazing! All your hard work definitely shows. :-) Thanks for being such a great inspiration.

Josie • October 24, 2006 at 10:58 pm

Unbelievable. You have to share how you did that (not that I have any intention of attempting to replicate it, I still don’t know how to use my TiVo) for us non-technical folk!

Long live the rotary phone!

jae • October 24, 2006 at 11:16 pm

Holy Smokes, you look awesome! I actually gasped when I saw your picture! I’m so proud of you and wish I had your skills at this whole weight loss thing. You can totally tell a difference between the 20 lbs. But I stared at that picture for so long I thought I could hear your breath whooshing in-out-in-out. :) ~j

Christine • October 25, 2006 at 12:49 am

You look AMAZING!!! You are MELTING!!!Congratulations!!

janice Bridge • October 25, 2006 at 12:49 am

Hooray Hooray Hooray!!!

Outstanding – love the photos and the woman who is doing this so successfully!

. . . and, amazing as it may seem, the next 20 will have even MORE impact! When I weighed 202, I wore size 18 jeans, and by the time I weighed 182, I was wearing size 14s!

Elizabeth • October 25, 2006 at 1:18 am

Holy Crap! You look downright skinny. The difference between the starting pic and now is just amazing and incredibly inspiring. Congratulations on sticking to it.

Monica • October 25, 2006 at 1:40 am

Dude, are you sure you still want to lose 40+ lbs? Hope you have a good macro mode on your camera…

Marshmallow • October 25, 2006 at 3:49 am

First of all – for anyone wanting to create the 3D rotating flash movies, here’s the tutorial page. I followed these instructions and got pretty good results (I was a little bit lazy and the animation is a leeeetle bit wobbly), but you need Macromedia’s Flash Studio and some decent Photo editing software (I use Macromedia’s Fireworks, but Photoshop is the recommended software).

Jennette, I think you need another flash tutorial for the profile comparison shot – what a great way to assure yourself that you have indeed made progress, woooo!

You’re looking fantastic! Whoop whoop!

PastaQueen.Respect.Increase(NineTimes);

blubbah • October 25, 2006 at 3:59 am

That’s pretty frickin’ impressive.

You should do a movie that goes through ALL of your progress shots.

Eh... not so much • October 25, 2006 at 5:35 am

Look at you!!! You look wonderful!!!! I’m so happy for you!

Jen • October 25, 2006 at 5:50 am

Oh my! You’re doing an amazing job. I know it’s been said many times, but you truly are an ispiration! :-) Have you thought about writing your own diet book?

gill • October 25, 2006 at 6:49 am

oooo check you out lady! I’m pushing to break the 100 kilo mark (220 lbs) this weekend down from 125 kg (275lb) and I think the spinning pics might just have inspired me to go to the gym tonight!Go pasta queen!!love from an english muffin(top)

Debbi • October 25, 2006 at 6:59 am

I’ll get on board here to echo everyone else’s praise. You look amazing. What a great gift you’ve given yourself.

julia • October 25, 2006 at 9:09 am

You. Look. Amazing.

jodi • October 25, 2006 at 10:34 am

your pics are amazing, great job on the photos too… :o)

Amanda Jane • October 25, 2006 at 10:45 am

WOW!!! You look fabulous Pasta Queen! What an amazing transformation! Love how you made the little movie and the spinning photos, not only are you inspirational you are also very talented. Keep up the good work!!! Cant wait to see the next photo after another 20 lbs loss. GO YOU! :)

Dee • October 25, 2006 at 10:45 am

Congratulations! What an awesome job you’re doing! You deserve lots of applause!!! D

kalmia • October 25, 2006 at 12:36 pm

Wow, that’s terrific! Tiny little waist, sexy curves, lovely, slender neck and bustline. You look fabulous! Wit, talent, discipline, determination, great looks — you’ve got it all!!

v'ron • October 25, 2006 at 1:27 pm

You’re looking great, and I’ll echo what everybody else has said, and we focus so much on the body — but your FACE looks great too!

Thanks for the flash tutorial link — this does look like a good tool to remind yourself, (espeically in my case) that 20 lbs is significant in and of itself. It’s more than a dress size or two.

Watching these is giving me a nudge to get out of my rut. Thanks.

lulu • October 25, 2006 at 2:17 pm

I am probably the last person in the Western world to have a PC which refuses to show the pictures you have posted, so I know this is asking a lot but could you please put some ordinary non-rotating and not-requiring-Flash- plug-in ones on so that I can see what everyone is celebrating?! Like many others, I have been so motivated by what you have achieved that I think I ought to be paying you a weekly fee. So I hope you get a book deal out of this; you certainly deserve it.

Hilly • October 25, 2006 at 2:43 pm

Holy…cowabunga! You look amazing!

kim • October 25, 2006 at 4:04 pm

You do look great! I love the pic under ‘about’ – more proof of how amazing you are doing. Your neck is positively skinny! Congrats on all of the hard work.

Greta • October 25, 2006 at 4:40 pm

CONGRATULATIONS!! What a great job you are doing! Keep up the good work!

hopefulloser • October 25, 2006 at 5:02 pm

Beautiful!

dg • October 25, 2006 at 5:09 pm

dude! you are looking fabulous :)

metamorphose • October 25, 2006 at 5:18 pm

WOWSER! You look fantastic!

Kala • October 25, 2006 at 5:57 pm

SHIT! Some change? Dang! I would call that a lot of change. I am sooo jealous.

Miz Booshay • October 25, 2006 at 6:09 pm

You are looking fantastic!!!!

What a wonderfully inspirational website!

Thank you so much!

Donna

AJ • October 25, 2006 at 7:22 pm

Bravo! Bravissimo!

The change is visually astounding. Though we’ve all been watching and reading about your progress, the pictures provide welcome evidence that it can indeed be done. And done healthily with good humour. Congratulations :)

AJ

Marie • October 25, 2006 at 10:03 pm

What they said–all your hard work really shows, and the payoff is not just looking great, but feeling great too! Keep up the good progress–I am rooting for you to make your goal and then…stay there!

shinypenny • October 25, 2006 at 10:04 pm

This sounds a little bizarre and internet stalky, but you are my weight loss icon (there’s even a mantra, but I won’t embarass myself any further ^_^;;). Congratulations on your success!

PastaQueen • October 25, 2006 at 11:07 pm

lulu – Actually, you make a good point. I just threw together an images-only progress page for anyone else who doesn’t have Flash. Enjoy!

Susan • October 26, 2006 at 12:47 am

Just adding my voice to all the other compliments. Great job!

lulu • October 26, 2006 at 2:15 am

Thanks so much for the images-only page – and look what you’ve done! Definitely has to be a book in this.

christie • October 26, 2006 at 3:14 am

Just fantastic, PQ. And I can still tell a difference just in the last 20 pounds – I’m glad you did that extra comparison for yourself.

Mary • October 26, 2006 at 6:18 am

Amazing…I am in awe of you.

As someone who has to set out on weight loss journey and just does not want to, seeing your changes is really inspiring. Thanks for sharing your journey!

Jenny • October 26, 2006 at 12:34 pm

I had to be the person to add the 40th comment!

Great Job!!!! Are you sure you still need to lose more?

Jenny • October 26, 2006 at 12:39 pm

Just a second thought, If you’d like to make a second little movie or comparison of your first picture and your latest, I wouldn’t complain. :)

coraspartan • October 26, 2006 at 12:53 pm

Wow, congratulations! You look amazing! It’s especially amazing to see your starting picture and your new picture side-by-side. It’s hard to believe it’s the same person! Way to go! It’s amazing to me that you’ve done this all by yourself without having weight loss (gastric bypass) surgery. Usually the people you see who have lost this much weight have had surgery, but you did it on your own–rock on!

holy • October 26, 2006 at 1:01 pm

GIRL!!!!

YOU LOOK A M A Z I N G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know you never ask for advice, but my only suggestion? Some hard-core intensive weight training. I am around your weight (same height, a little heavier) and have been doing it for six weeks and it changes EVERYTHING. Your below-the-belly-button region will get flatter and tighter and your shoulders will get broader. It will also speed up your metabolism that may be slowing from your massive weight loss if you pack on some muscle tissue.

Even, like, yoga, push-ups, or pilates videos build muscle.

Jay • October 26, 2006 at 5:49 pm

PastaQueen,

My prediction – More and more you will notice that other women will talk to you, and about you as if you’ve done this unbelievable thing that would be impossible for them to do. I continue to be astonished at myself for how into this blog I am. Whever I visit this site I am thinking “How cool!” But I think you’ll be surprised at how hopeless people on the other side of the fence are, and how impossible they will see their situation.

Monica • October 26, 2006 at 6:14 pm

off-topic: I saw this and it reminded me of this.

Trish • October 26, 2006 at 9:17 pm

WOW…you look absolutely amazing. You have done such a great job, congrats!

Tiff • October 27, 2006 at 4:41 pm

AWESOME!!! Gosh girl, you look great… absolutely! Definitely one of my inspirations… here is a big, fat congratulations coming your way!

Cherie • October 27, 2006 at 5:30 pm

I swear I commented the other day, but it doesn’t seem to have stuck. I wanted to say thank you for promising the 186 and the link to the calculator. Although my BMI is 23 and I’m in a “normal” weight range rather than overweight, my Waist-to-Hip ratio puts me well into the “Danger Zone.” More work to do!

As for noticing a change from 20 pounds ago- those curves are really defining themselves. You should take a closer look at the difference between your chest and your stomach in the two photos. Hope you are feeling sexy!

Mymsie • October 27, 2006 at 5:50 pm

CONGRATULATIONS! What an incredible accomplishment and how awesome of you to share it – yay for you! Wooooots! :)

Emily • October 27, 2006 at 10:17 pm

Wow… you look fabulous! So beautiful. I’m your height and 160, but you only look a little bit heavier than me… must be all the exercise you do! Mad props :)

alex • October 28, 2006 at 12:22 am

wow. you really look amazing.

Anne • October 28, 2006 at 11:58 am

You look amazing. Congrats to you!

Nice Girl • October 28, 2006 at 2:24 pm

Wow! You look great and I know that you must be proud of all of your progress. I am so happy for you.

...jus me • October 28, 2006 at 5:16 pm

Yeah…I’d say there is a difference! Way to go girl!

crankybee • October 29, 2006 at 7:45 am

You know what I love about this entry? “So yes, I think there is a notable difference, or at the very least my jeans fit better now.” LOL! I mean, come on! To say there is a noticable difference is an understatement! Congratulations!

Amanda • October 29, 2006 at 3:16 pm

Just wanted to say what a great thing you are doing by blogging your weight loss, it give inspiration to so many trying to do the same thing.

You look so truly amazing. Congratulations and well done!

isabelle • October 31, 2006 at 6:29 pm

Wow and wow again. And what they all said.