Weight: 205.6 – Pounds left to lose: 45.6

Yay! It’s fun to be a loser. Losing weight is fun too. My weight this morning was 205.6 and my average weight for the past five days is 206.1. As soon as I get down to 202 pounds I’ll post another progress picture. I know it’s been awhile and several people have asked me when the next one will be posted. I never would have guessed people on the Internet would be salivating for pics of me. And I don’t even have a webcam or charge by the minute.

On a cold and rainy day this week I used the treadmill and discovered if I just slow down my jogging a bit I can go for a mile and a half all at once. Out on the trail I’d been doing three half-mile bursts, but not consecutively since it’s hard to keep running if your heart explodes. Yesterday on the trail I ran a mile in 11:41 which is probably still slow by most standards but much better than the 15 or 16 minute miles I scored back in high school. Do you think they keep records of that stuff? Maybe I should write my old PE teacher and demand transcripts of my track times.

I’m always a bit concerned when I use my treadmill because I don’t want my neighbor in the apartment beneath me to start poisoning my water supply in retaliation. Only bottled water from now on. When I run it must sound like an elephant with a jackhammer is trying to pound through the floor. It would sound like that even if I weighed 120 pounds. The apartment has a fitness room, but there’s the unspoken 30 minute rule for using equipment and I like to go longer than that. Maybe I should write a note to my neighbor telling him/her to just pound on my door or leave me a note if I annoy him/her too much. I don’t even know who lives beneath me or what car they drive because their apartment door is in a different courtyard then mine.

me • September 30, 2006 at 2:05 pm

That is really cool that you have a treadmill in your apartment.

You know, I have a personal trainer (it’s $40 a session, but that’s in Philadelphia) — we work in the gym, but she will work with people in their apartment. She brings a bunch of equipment and has them do all this yoga and stuff. It’s pretty cool.

on • September 30, 2006 at 2:10 pm

One more thing re personal trainers — I am your height, 215lbs, and I am really hope the weight training with the trainer will help with loose skin issues. Like, I think the intense full-body exercise might be helpful in increasing blood flow and circulation to the skin, or at least letting it drape better.

Just a thought.

me • September 30, 2006 at 2:17 pm

Am I also allowed to comment that I think you should get contacts? I am seeing a Jennifer Connelly resemblance in your face as you lose weight (am not some creepy nut, don’t worry.) I think you should definitely get contacts and maybe get your hair blown-dry straight.

I used to find putting contacts in my eye kind of gross. Then I realized you can put them on the white part and kind of slide them over to your pupil and it’s way less bothersome.

Janice Bridge • September 30, 2006 at 2:18 pm

Happy Saturday PQ! When you update your progress photos be sure to up date your weight chart on the right.

Wow! 1.5 miles at a jog without a break. . .would you have believed this possible when you were in high school? If not, then you DEFINITELY need to write the letter to your high school PE teacher to share the news!

Yes definitely! Write a short note to your down stairs neighbor. Tell him/her that you will need to use your treadmill on the days of bad weather. Ask if there are particular times when it would be most difficult for him/her to have you exercise and suggest that you will try to work around his/her schedule. Leave your apartment number (and if you are feeling bold, your cell number.) It is the courteous thing to do – and will provide a nice introduction to the neighbor.

BTW – how are your Mom and younger brother doing on their journeys to lower weight bodies?

Monica • September 30, 2006 at 4:22 pm

Haha, congrats, but you must admit this is funny: the key to weight loss success: go to Boston and eat some donuts!

I know it’s not just that, but you haven’t had such a dramatic loss in a while, it’s odd. Anyway, now I’ll be compulsively refreshing the page until I’ll get some new pictures. You better have’em by next week!

Haha, you know I’m kidding.

Oh, and let us know how the neighbour situation evolves, I’ve been thinking about getting a treadmill too, and this is the only reason that’s stopping me.

Sally • September 30, 2006 at 8:40 pm

I just wanted to tell you congratulations! I just found your website and you look wonderful! I’m trying to diet, and you are a great inspiration!

Matrishka • September 30, 2006 at 9:51 pm

You are doing so well. Congrats!

julia • October 1, 2006 at 3:05 am

I think the 30 minute rule is only applied if there are people waiting in line. Maybe you could go when there are fewer people working out, if that ever happens.

Patty • October 1, 2006 at 12:12 pm

Way to go on the wt loss! Onderland is right around the corner for you. You are doing so great. I want to start running too, you give me inspiration so I will try just a little today. Have a good week.

Amanda • October 1, 2006 at 1:13 pm

Congratulations on your success thus far. I’ve blogrolled you and can’t wait to keep reading your progress. =0)

K • October 1, 2006 at 1:34 pm

Terrific! Anxious to see the next photo too!

Greta • October 1, 2006 at 2:13 pm

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! You deserve to finally see a loss. I am one of those who is salivating to see an updated photo of you. Maybe for these last 40-something pounds you could start posting a photo every 10 pounds??? Since it gets slower and slower to lose weight (for EVERYONE who loses), it would help satisfy the peanut gallery a bit to not have to wait 20 whole pounds for another photo. However, it is YOUR blog, so do what you want! You have the GREATEST photos on the web. I LOVE how you can turn the bodies around. However I have been here only for the last 15 pounds or so of your weight loss and have been impatiently waiting for the next photo.

thisquietlife • October 1, 2006 at 3:19 pm

Congratulations!!!

Even after DD debacle!

Looking forward to your next progress pic!

anji • October 1, 2006 at 4:15 pm

hey pastaqueen :)

My friend has went to speak with her downstairs neighbour and they worked out that she could do the treadmill any time say, between 9 am and 8pm… something like that. It works out well I suppose, and they just keep in touch to see if there’s anything bothering them or whatever. They let her know too when they are having guests over so it doesn’t sound like elephants upstairs :D

Good luck with that! Your neighbour will appreciate it and you’ll feel better about it and not having to worry/be self-conscious about it….

toodles!

yo • October 1, 2006 at 8:42 pm

You know what I find fascinating about your blog?

If you go back and read it over from beginning (weight entries), you NEVER really doubt yourself too much. You’re always like, very smooth and cool about the whole thing. You’ll be like, a week or two in, like “I hope I don’t have skin issues,” or “I figure six months from now, I’ll be down XX amount.” Very nonchalantly. You have this total faith in calories in, calories out, which is amazing and impressive.

A lot of other weight blogs are much more “I think I can do this” or “I hope I can do this.” It’s like people are afraid to commit 100% in case they fail. It’s kind of like Yoda: “Do or do not–there is no try.”

Anyway, you impress me. And motivate me!

PastaQueen • October 1, 2006 at 9:44 pm

me – I’m actually gonna bypass contacts and go directly to LASIK surgery once I’ve saved up the moola. I used to blow-dry my hair straight, but I got kind of tired of that and have been letting my curls do what they will lately. Thanks for the Jennifer Connelly comparison! I liked her in Labyrinth, thought I kind of felt like she should have run off with David Bowie’s demon king in the end :) Must be the tight pants.

Janice – I know my mom has been talking about walking again and getting her eating under control, partly because she’s been hiding from her doctor because her blood sugar’s been a bit high lately. My brother has mostly been maintaining, maybe gained 10-20 pounds in that past year, but is talking about getting back into healthy eating.

Greta – I have been thinking about upping the progress pics to every 10 pounds and I’ll probably do that after the 200 mark.

yo – I am one cocky bitch, aren’t I? :) Positive self-talk certainly does help.

blubbah • October 2, 2006 at 3:43 am

My main concern about my downstairs neighbors is actually primarily about the cats. When they wrestle, they SLAM and THUMP each other into the floor and I wonder how it sounds from underneath. And what they think I’m doing…

(I do sometimes jump around and dance, but most of my dancing is of the wiggle-buttshake boogie variety, so I don’t worry so much about that.)

Annie • October 2, 2006 at 9:25 am

Woohoo you go girl, that is awesome weight lost. Looking forward to seeing the pic.

lme • October 2, 2006 at 3:02 pm

Yeehaw on that weight loss!

K (the K who's been here for ages)) • October 2, 2006 at 5:43 pm

Well, I’m glad you don’t bother straightening your hair, because your curls are lovely! I have poker-straight hair and can never work out why anyone wants it (except that it’s easy to comb, I suppose).

There is no way to say this without sounding really earnest, but I very much value your positive outlook.

molly • October 3, 2006 at 2:34 am

Omg i just stumbled across your blog – you are an amazing inspiration!!!! What an incredible journey you have been on – and I hope you make it to the finish line. You look great and having gone back thru some of your blogs and updates I can really relate to you. Keep up the great work!!

Betsey • October 3, 2006 at 8:38 am

I love reading your blog, it frequently makes me laugh out loud. You are amazing in your ability to fall “off the wagon” and then climb right back on again. This, of course, is the key to lasting weight loss.

I know you remember what it used to be like 160 lbs ago, but I’d like to remind you a bit — I just spent 10 minutes after my shower applying corn starch to the areas under my folds of fat. If I neglect to do this even one day, I will have a nasty, painful rash in those areas. You don’t ever want to go back there. And I am going to do my best to get where you are today!

Josie • October 6, 2006 at 12:02 am

11:41 minute mile?!!! That’s AWESOME PQ!!! I’m not much faster, but I’ve learned that speed is for some…but not for me. I’m happy plodding along…amazed that I’m even running at all!