Think the gym will approve?

I have decided this will be my new workout.

Treadmill dancing, soon it will be more popular than spinning class!

Thanks to Annika for the link

Miz Booshay • September 6, 2006 at 3:16 pm

I love it! Those guys are a hoot!

Thanks for the chuckle!

Rachel • September 6, 2006 at 3:50 pm

That is the coolest video I have ever seen! My boss emailed it to me yesterday and I promptly sent it to everybody I know. And the song’s cool, too! If I were to try those shenanigans on the treadmill, I’d be in traction right now.

Lora • September 6, 2006 at 5:36 pm

OMG, that is one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen. I’ll be sending that to everyone I know!

Kimberly • September 6, 2006 at 7:58 pm

Marshmallow had linked this a few weeks ago and OK Go did this live on the MTV award thingy. It really looks fun.

JJ • September 6, 2006 at 8:49 pm

I’ve watched it a dozen times. To me, IMHO, it looks as though it was done in one take. If not, they are REALLY good at editing because I didn’t see it jerk anywhere!

So funny…I still can’t stand on one without falling down … a LOT!

lynn • September 6, 2006 at 11:05 pm

That’s awesome.

I love the music too.

what band is that?

Greta • September 7, 2006 at 12:48 am

AMAZING! WONDERFUL! Who are they?

Marshmallow • September 7, 2006 at 1:59 am

Hahahah, yes, I posted this on my blogs a while ago – I saw it on the news. Pity I don’t have 4+ treadmills at home otherwise I would’ve loved to have tried it myself ;-)

And FYI, the band is ‘OK Go’, they have even got a wikipedia entry, and this is their official site.

Pickle • September 7, 2006 at 2:09 am

I agree. I want multiple treadmills. I would be far more likely to use them if I could hop from one to the other. Or I would have matching clothes racks. Either way.

Bigg Blue Lue • September 7, 2006 at 8:10 am

Very original, that– at a time when video directors have pretty much run out of new ideas….

PastaQueen • September 7, 2006 at 10:09 am

Ha, I thought they were some little indie band. I didn’t know they were mainstream! This is what happens when you cancel your cable subscription. Only three months and I’ve completely lost touch with pop culture.

bokonon23 • September 7, 2006 at 12:39 pm

Phew.

I just finished reading your entire blog.

A thousand congratulations on how far you have come!

I especially love the rotating progress pictures …. I love ‘before and after’ pictures …. I find them hugely motivating.

I have just gone from approx 290lbs to approx 254lbs over the last 3 months and I find blog like yours, where people have lost large amounts of weight over a sustained period of time to be really inspirational, because I still feel to have so far to go.

Thank You!

AnaBell • September 7, 2006 at 3:00 pm

They actually became famous thanks to You tube if I’m not mistaken. Then they jumped to newscasts everywhere and then they were invited to the MTV awards.

Mymsie • September 7, 2006 at 3:48 pm

LOVE ♥ LOVE ♥ OK Go!

Kelly • September 7, 2006 at 4:29 pm

I adore this video! Cute hipster guys dancing on treadmills to a peppy song. What more could you want?

Heather • September 7, 2006 at 4:45 pm

One of the guys was on The Colbert Report (I think, maybe the Daily Show)

His sister did the choreography.

Haystacks • September 7, 2006 at 7:02 pm

Dear Lady of the Pasta,

I am in need of advice.

I was doing really well, but have recently moved and seem to find myself utterly without effort to be healthy. But I am worse off than before because now I care about how I look, which I refused to acknolege before. I am on the verge of scrapping everything. What do you do when you are suddenly without insparation?

-Maya

christie • September 7, 2006 at 11:14 pm

HAHAHA! Awesome. Now, if only I had known this was how you’re supposed to use a treadmill at the gym. No wonder I’m always bored. :)

Totally going on my MySpace page.

K • September 11, 2006 at 6:08 am

You know, I wish someone had videoed their rehearsals…

I’m particularly impressed by the guy in the bright pink shirt, who is doing it in high-heeled boots. Respect. (Although maybe not for the fashion sense, but hey.)

Jill • September 29, 2006 at 3:00 pm

I actually saw this at the gym last night — while I was on the treadmill!

Too funny!