Weight: 212 – Pounds left to lose: 52

Bounce! Back up to 212 this week, but that’s okay. These little fluctuations don’t bother me because I’ve been doing this for, what, 19 months now? If you look at a chart of my weight loss it’s a wobbly line, like it was drawn by someone with Parkinson’s disease. All that matters is that the line generally keeps going in the right direction, which it is. I just know some of you follow my progress rather closely and I hope you don’t get too heartbroken when the numbers go up instead of down. It will be okay! :) Don’t cry for me, Argentina, and all that.

Even though the numbers went up, my body fat registered at 41% which is the lowest it’s ever been. Granted there’s an error margin of a couple percentage points, but it’s definitely lower than the 52% I registered when I first got the scale at the beginning of last September and weighed 273.

Heather • August 19, 2006 at 1:29 pm

When I first saw the headline I was sad for you because I know how it feels, but as I read on YOU made ME feel better, lol. Keep up the awesome spirit! I have to search your blog and find out what scale you have. I really want to get one with all the gagets for body fat, etc…..

Heather • August 19, 2006 at 1:35 pm

Ok…I searched and found you bought it from Drugstore.com. Can you tell me which one you bought? I know they can be expensive, so I don’t want something that is going to croke on me in a few months…

PastaQueen • August 19, 2006 at 5:00 pm

I’ve got one by Tanita. I think I paid around $50 for it and it hasn’t croaked on me yet. I have another less fancy scale by Tanita and it still works too, so I trust them as a brand. You can probably shop around on Amazon and other sites to see who has the best price. Mine measures body fat and hydration levels.

Heather • August 19, 2006 at 6:52 pm

Thanks a bunch! Going shopping tomorrow!!!! See you soon in the under 200 club!

Kate • August 20, 2006 at 1:08 am

Hey Pasta Queen-

I LOVE YOUR WRITING!

And your story of course.

I have lost 70 pounds, down from 300 and am hanging around 230, slowing down.

Gradually, I am coming to accept that exercise will have to be part of the future. I used to be a marathon walker and a 5Ker, so I know there is a chance that the inner athlete will reappear.

Well, just wanted to thank you so much for your wonderful work here. You are truly special!

Kate

Kimberly • August 20, 2006 at 6:51 am

I was all, “Neato, chart. Where’s the chart? Huh?”

And I also find Tanita to be a good scale. I needed a super high capacity one, and the one I found goes up to 440 lbs. It’s been great, even when it kept telling me I better chill out on the peanut butter or it wasn’t going to be able to tell me the truth anymore.

Good job on the fat loss, and good job in advance for losing those 2 lbs. They won’t be around for long :)

May • August 20, 2006 at 9:12 pm

Your progress has been phenomenal! When do we get another progress picture?

v'ron • August 21, 2006 at 8:14 am

Yeah, I’ve been hovering around the low two hundred tens for what seems like months now, but its always nice to have that line chart to look at, with its downward trend that looks like my Lucent stock in the late 90s….

Kate • August 22, 2006 at 6:28 pm

Hello! I was wondering why you haven’t put up a new progress picture?

PastaQueen • August 24, 2006 at 11:13 pm

Kate – I do progress pics every 20 pounds, so I’m still 10 pounds away. I might start doing them every 10-15 pounds since people seem to want them so badly. I didn’t realize I was so photogenic :)

Site Meter