Weight: 210 – Pounds left to lose: 50

July and August are shaping up to be great months. Down another two pounds! Just another 8 pounds and I’ll be through with being obese, hopefully forever, or at least until I eat my breakfast and bounce my weight back up a pound. Now you’re obese, now you’re not. It’ll be like jumping back and forth over a state line.

Besides buying a pair of size 18 jeans this week, I also took my wristwatch down another notch which makes for a total of 5 notches since I started over a year and a half ago. Which is a total of 1 3/8 inches. Damn. Who knew you could store so much fat on your wrist? No wonder the nurses could never find my veins. Soon I won’t have any excuse not to give blood except for the fact that I’m a scaredy cat.

Moppytop • August 12, 2006 at 11:54 am

Congratulations! I hope you realize that you are achieving something that many, MANY people never do.

isabelle • August 12, 2006 at 1:59 pm

I love the state-line-jumping simile!

Kim • August 12, 2006 at 2:05 pm

Congrats!! You’ll be in onederland in no time at all!! :)

Marla • August 12, 2006 at 3:27 pm

Heh, state lines. I know there’s got to be a joke in there about Four Corners, but I can’t figure it out. So exciting, you’re close to a bunch of milestones.

melissa • August 12, 2006 at 11:54 pm

That is just awesome. Way to go! Seriously! I wish I could just get teh momentum started… I’ve been reading all these blogs of people who have been trying to get pg and they are all pg, and i just had yet another miscarriage… I just need to start this journey…

Peter • August 13, 2006 at 2:08 am

I’ve synchronized my goals with yours, to have someone to try to keep up with. Right now, at least, I’m keeping up with the champ! I just crossed a new BMI point ‘barrier.’ Each interval really does look different, just in my face and stuff.

Thanks for keeping us posted, and keep up the good work!

Peter • August 13, 2006 at 2:11 am

(Of course, The Champ has already lost such an unbelievable amount, is the only reason she’s keepable-up with at all now.)

Miz Booshay • August 13, 2006 at 12:43 pm

You are an encouragement to me :o)

I have lost 30 pounds in the last three months….and my necklaces that were getting a bit tight are not loose. Who knew I had such a fat neck!

Paul • August 13, 2006 at 12:44 pm

So great to hear. I love watching your progress!

Heather • August 13, 2006 at 12:50 pm

I’ve been peeking in on you for about a month now….we now weigh the same. I think I am jumping on your bandwagon now. What an inspiration to soooo many people you are. I think I will really try to keep up with you and your weightloss. So proud of you girlie!

Kimberly • August 13, 2006 at 1:15 pm

Congrats!

re: the obesity vs overweight issue – aren’t weight charts awesome? Ugh

50 more to go must be exciting.

Marly • August 13, 2006 at 3:59 pm

Jesus f***ing christ Pastaqueen, every time I check back in you get skinner and skinner! Those plateaus are a thing of the past! And yeeha to being nearly un-obese, it must feel great!

I’m proud that I dropped the 3 lbs I gained during my first year of college, for christs sake! (118 to 115, yay me!)

K • August 13, 2006 at 5:35 pm

Hey! Inspired by you, I just checked my BMI – I’m also now merely overweight and I never noticed. (OK, I make the category by a measly .3, but that definitely counts.)

I have the same problem with jeans as you. I could borrow my sister’s size 12 skirt recently, but I can’t fit into 16 jeans. Grrrr.

v'ron • August 14, 2006 at 12:50 pm

Good for you! OK, where is this chart that says 202 is the line for obese vs. overweight? I remember back when I was 175 I was told I was obese.

And there’s nothing like different ways to measure the weight loss — and its effects. The watch loop, the belt loop, the sizes (as in “Eddie Bauer Size X, but now I’m wearing a Gap Size X –which is ED X+1.)

Must catch up to you.

PastaQueen • August 14, 2006 at 1:01 pm

V’ron – The standard right now for determining obesity is to look at your Body Mass Index (BMI). You can calculate it here. The obesity line is different depending on your height, so if you are 175 pounds and 5’4″ or shorter then you’re obese. Since I’m 5’9″ I get to weigh more before I’m considered obese.

Heather • August 14, 2006 at 7:53 pm

I’m 2 points over the limit….must get below that horid line!!!!!