Server Move

My hosting company is transferring the site to a different server this week because for $10 a month you evidently get what you pay for. *sigh* Hopefully you all shouldn’t notice a thing, but a few comments may go missing when the switch occurs. I’ll try to transfer over any comments that disappear. I didn’t want you all wondering if the Think Police had come to censor your opinions.

Update 8-10-06: If you’re reading this verson of this post, you’re reading it on the new server. All the comments should be in synch now too.

Update 8-16-06: It’s been brought to my attention that Bloglines has not been updating my feed since the server move. So if you use Bloglines, you’re not reading this! I’m like a newscaster trying to tell people about a black out when they clearly don’t have electricity. I’ve contacted Bloglines and hopefully this will get sorted out and suddenly you will have several days worth of content to read. Also, the problem is clearly with them since the feed has been updating in other feed readers.

Update 8-17-06 : Okay, Bloglines never wrote me back, but I got tricky and think I’ve solved the problem by {warning: technobabble ahead) claiming my blog on their system and then marking the pastaqueen.com feeds as duplicates of the IP address of the feeds, which were being recognized as being updated. So if any bloglines people are reading this, can you please reply to this entry and let me know that it worked? Thanks.

jaime • August 17, 2006 at 12:59 pm

Worked! I got this update in Bloglines.

jaime • August 17, 2006 at 12:59 pm

Though I haven’t seen any other recent posts yet.

PastaQueen • August 17, 2006 at 1:08 pm

Thanks, jaime!

PastaQueen • August 17, 2006 at 1:12 pm

Okay, I went and re-saved all my entries after the server move so the “modified” tag in my feeds was updated for today. So hopefully now all those post will show up in Bloglines as well.

Mel Green • August 17, 2006 at 3:16 pm

I read your updates to this post on Bloglines. Sok seems to be working.

shauna • August 17, 2006 at 4:35 pm

hellooo! i just got this entry show up as new on bloglines again, but none newer than that.

Pam • August 17, 2006 at 4:41 pm

I read from bloglines and got today’s update (not yesterday’s, though). ~Pam