Weight: 218 – Pounds left to lose: 58

Wow, 218 right on the dot. I guess stress is good for weight loss. I thought I might be up because that TOM is supposed to be happening right now, but maybe the stress will cause me to skip. For those of you on the metric system, this also marks the first time I weigh below 100 kg. (218 lbs = 98.88 kg) Have a party in Australia for me, mates!

I use a program to chart my weight loss progress and it’s definitely slowing down as I approach goal. For instance, in the past 6 months I’ve only lost 30 pounds. The six month period before that I lost 50 pounds. When I first started exercising and eating healthy I lost about 25 pounds in the first month alone. That was kind of scary actually, because that’s insanely fast to be losing weight, like “I have an 8-foot long tapeworm in my colon” kind of fast. But I guess when you’re super morbidly obese you can do that. My point being, I know people sometimes wish they could lose weight as fast as someone else is, but that’s silly. Everyone’s situation is different and continues to change as they lose weight. So, keep it in perspective.

It’ll be interesting to see how long I stay in the teens, though I’m happy just to be out of the 20′s since I spent 3 months there. I was going to make an analogy about how all the time I spent weighing in the 20′s was like the American Great Depression in the 20′s, but then I realized that actually happened in the 30′s. Damn you, facts! This is why I never became a journalist. I knew I’d be tempted to just make stuff up to create a better story.

dg • June 17, 2006 at 1:35 pm

under 100! woohoo! that is THE metric milestone… hehe… well bloody done :)

Mark • June 17, 2006 at 1:38 pm

Are you decreasing what you eat as you lose weight, or just eating the same amount?

Debbi • June 17, 2006 at 3:18 pm

Another milestone for you! Applause, applause!

lainey • June 17, 2006 at 3:36 pm

Well then you would be a fantastic journo!

Well done on the loss- those numbers are looking very healthy indeed! Rock on missus.

kathryn • June 17, 2006 at 6:27 pm

Woohoo, under 100 kgs is fantastic.

It’s funny how you get to a certain weight and just seem to stick there. I guess though it can’t be easy all the time.

kate • June 18, 2006 at 3:34 am

You are definitely an inspiration to me. Keep up the wonderful work!

Lowcarb_dave • June 19, 2006 at 6:48 am

G’day from Down under, and congrats on cracking the 100 kilo mark!

It’s a big mental hurdle for those of us dealing with the metric system!

PastaQueen • June 19, 2006 at 1:48 pm

Mark – I have not been keeping a food diary, but I think I am eating less. I’m pretty certain my portion size has decreased and I don’t eat as much for a snack in the evenings.

Buy Experiences, Not Things - The Atlantic
Money can buy happiness if you spend it on experiences, not things.