Sneak Peak

I cheated today and dug my scale out of a moving box marked “FRAGILE: Like my ego.” (Okay, it wasn’t actually labeled like that, but wouldn’t it have been funny if it had?) My jeans have felt a bit looser the past couple days, but I’ve also been wearing them for more days than I’m willing to admit in a public forum, so I thought it might be denim stretch. Nope. I won’t officially weigh-in until Saturday, but the number this morning was 217.8.

Part of me is thinking “Hey, cool! The teens!” but the other, more sensible part of me is saying “Ha! See how long that lasts once you start exercising and eating regularly again.” Hell, a pound or two of that could just be dehydration. I also wonder how much of it is due to loss of muscle mass, though I hopefully haven’t lost too much in this crazy week of no exercise (not including the step aerobics to and from my trunk to the apartment door).

Then there’s always the possibility that the scale calibration got futzed up in the move. But I think that’s about as likely as me fitting into a size 2 dress.

amyt • June 15, 2006 at 3:59 pm

stress can be a very successful weightloss tool. ulcers too. congrats on being done.

hopefulloser • June 16, 2006 at 10:41 am

Awesome! I’m sure it’s a legit loss because you probably worked harder than you even realize on that move. A lot of the time different exercise that your body isn’t used to can kick it in gear even further. I bet most of it will stick.

I’m so happy for you and your move, your new “adult life”. Did the couch ever make it? That reminded me of a friends episode where Ross completely destroyed his new couch trying to get it into his place.

I have to get back to work :-( ugh. I wish I could hang out all day.

You rock lady!

Candy • June 16, 2006 at 12:29 pm

You’re doing a fantastic job! Feel good about where you are, and where you’re going… you’re almost there!

biggerinmyowneyes • June 16, 2006 at 4:56 pm

congrats on making it to adulthood (I haven’t yet)

super job on the weight loss….i can’t wait to read your next entry!

Marla • June 17, 2006 at 7:09 am

Don’t overanalyze it – just enjoy!

I lose weight at the craziest times, frequently when I’ve done nothing to earn it. It’s not a direct, linear relationship…

Dana • July 29, 2009 at 12:42 am

I actually *do* label boxes funny when I’m moving. Not out of habit, but when I get to the point that I’m sick of packing. The sicker I am of packing boxes, the more smartassy the notes get. I’ve done this twice now–oddly, on my little girl’s dad’s stuff, much to his amusement when he unpacked them.

If, Like Renee Zellweger, You're Female and Have a Face and Body, Listen Up - NYTimes.com

In Minnesota, Abandoned Wheelchairs Are Just Part Of The Landscape : Shots - Health News : NPR
I've seen abandoned shopping carts before, but never wheelchairs.