Weight: 222 – Pounds left to lose: 62

Boo-yah! Today I’ve reached new lows, which sounds like a bad thing, but actually isn’t. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come and I can stop using that dreaded word ‘plateau.’ Once I lose another two pounds I’ll weigh less than 100 kg, so all you readers in metric countries can throw a little party for me. Another 20 pounds from now I’ll no longer be obese according to my BMI, just overweight. Another 23 pounds from now the first digit in my weight will be a 1 and I will probably faint from shock when I look down at the scale. I might need to start wearing a helmet when I weigh in for safety reasons. Lots of fun milestones to look forward to!

lainey • May 27, 2006 at 1:52 pm

Brilliant! I’m so pleased for you. Fab news! It just goes to show that just gritting your teeth and socking it to the bloody p-word works.

You must feel amaaaaazing.

PS) love your site and musings on the dieting biatch.

M. • May 27, 2006 at 3:22 pm

It’s picture time! Even though we’ve seen the wedding pics..

Narelle • May 27, 2006 at 6:55 pm

Congratulations !! I dream of the day that I will get to those wonderful double digits – not long to go now thank goodness!!!

Kim • May 27, 2006 at 6:55 pm

That’s freaking awesome!! I’m so excited for you!! Keep it up. :)

Kalmia • May 27, 2006 at 7:06 pm

Fabulous! Congratulations! The way you persevered through this plateau is inspiring. You are touching many lives through your blog and making a difference to a lot of people.

lynn • May 27, 2006 at 11:05 pm

Rock on!

I’m so happy for you!

I think losing weight after any plateau (or yikes! even gain) is one of the best diet – related feelings, ever.

So kudos to you my girl, and good luck with everything.

Annie • May 28, 2006 at 9:03 am

Woohoo! Congrats to you. You’ll make all those things…thanks for sharing them with us.

Tonibaby • May 28, 2006 at 11:09 am

You are such an inspiration to me! You have come so far! Way to go girl!! You rock!

Buy Experiences, Not Things - The Atlantic
Money can buy happiness if you spend it on experiences, not things.

The Man Who Smuggles Trader Joe’s into Canada