Progress Pictures

As someone pointed out on my last weigh-in entry, it is indeed time for a new progress picture. I don’t like posting pictures too frequently because it make me feel like I’m whoring for attention and comments when in reality I’m quite the wallflower. However, I know you people love this stuff and I did promise one every 20 pounds, so here it is:

I also made two overlays comparing my 372 pound self to my 222 pound self:

I’ve said this before, but I still think it’s hilarious that it looks like my arms are getting longer. The secret to my weight loss – hours spent in the taffy pulling machine. Yes, I’m actually 8 feet tall now, but boy do I look thin!

Someone else once asked me why I had my hair pulled back in all these photos when it looks better down. I do it so that the pictures look as consistent as possible. I hate it when people use before and after photos where the “before” photo is them dressed all slovenly with bad hair shot in a cave and the “after” photo is them all prettied up with make-up and good hair out in the sun. You could fake a 10 or 20 pound weight loss in one day just by using the right hair, lighting, and clothing. Since my hair length will inevitably change over the months, I pull my hair back so the photos look as similar as possible and you can focus on the changes in my weight and not what I was doing with my hair that month.

Kalmia • May 28, 2006 at 1:32 pm

Wow! You look fantastic! If you never lost another pound, you’d still look fantastic.

Marla • May 28, 2006 at 1:34 pm

WOW! WOW! WOW! You look wonderful. I love the overlay, you must feel just incredible knowing what you’ve accomplished.

Hilly • May 28, 2006 at 1:36 pm

Wow….just wow.

You are doing so faboo, dearie. When you get down to goal, come to SoCal and we’ll go on a shopping spree together :)

Kim • May 28, 2006 at 1:57 pm

WOW!! You are incredible. I am so proud of you. What an inspiration. I may have to seriously reconsider the South Beach Diet… :)

scone • May 28, 2006 at 2:18 pm

Congratulations, dear. Have a happy Memorial Day weekend!

Eh... not so much • May 28, 2006 at 2:37 pm

That overlay pic is really dramatic! Keep on making the progress pics. When I first started on Weight Watchers, seeing pictures of others’ weight loss really gave me hope and let me see what was possible. You’re doing great!

Tonibaby • May 28, 2006 at 3:56 pm

WOW! Amazing! You are looking great! Looks like you’ve already lost half of you..lol! Way to go!

Isabelle • May 28, 2006 at 4:17 pm

Many congratulations. You must be so happy. You look so pretty. And, as other commenters have said, wow.

kathrynoh • May 28, 2006 at 5:01 pm

wow – fantastic change.

I’m with you on the before and after pics – often the way people stand makes a huge difference too.

Christy • May 28, 2006 at 5:49 pm

Wow, you look great!!! Such an amazing change!!

digitalgoobie • May 28, 2006 at 7:23 pm

Wow, your progress pictures look fantastic!!

That is so freakin cool how you did the rotate picture, you must tell me what you used to create it – I’m a nerd, and it’s wicked-neat.

Anyway, great job, and I totally hear you on that before and after picture stuff. Half the time, you can’t even be sure if it’s the same person because they’ve changed SO much that you see nothing in common.

Lora • May 28, 2006 at 9:10 pm

The overlay pictures are amazing! You have every reason to be proud of your success…

melanie • May 29, 2006 at 12:11 am

you look fantastic!!

Elizabeth • May 29, 2006 at 12:33 am

You are amazing! Congratulations on all your hard work.

Jen • May 29, 2006 at 1:42 am

You are a freekin rock star, I hope you know that.

Go ahead and post the pictures whenever you’re inclined. It’s so cool to see how well you’re doing. Numbers are one thing, pictures another. You’re still my hero. Go ahead Miss Thang.

dg • May 29, 2006 at 3:03 am

best B&A pics ever! you are doing so bloody brilliantly and what a fantastic thing to have such a precise visual reminder of how far you’ve come :) i wish i’d had digicam back when i started, it is so cool to see :)

Low Carb Dave • May 29, 2006 at 3:31 am

You look awesome!

I love the difference in the side view!

chunkamunka • May 29, 2006 at 9:28 am

Wow! What a difference! You look great!

julia • May 29, 2006 at 10:14 am

You look INCREDIBLE!

So are you moving? You just mentioned it in passing.

AnaBell • May 29, 2006 at 1:02 pm

The overlays are amazing. I try to do the rotating photos but I couldn’t so now I amuse myself by making you spin and spin. It’s even funnier on your progress page. Lots of Pasta Queens spinning at the same time. …And, I need to get a life ;)

...jus me • May 29, 2006 at 3:03 pm

Wow! Way cool! You are looking amazing! I am 227 and don’t look half that good! I am so proud of you! I love the overlay!

Snowy Chicken • May 30, 2006 at 8:03 am

You look smoking hot!

Nicole • May 30, 2006 at 9:35 am

Holy crap. you’re amazing!!! You are such an inspiration!

Jessi • May 30, 2006 at 10:36 am

God DAMN girl! Nice work! And are you rockin’ some designer jeans now too?

PastaQueen • May 30, 2006 at 10:53 am

I am a fan of the jeans too, but they’re not designer. They’re Zana-di sandblasted stretch jeans from Fashion Bug for $32.99. They fit me just right and they are colored to create an optical illusion that your legs are thinner than they are.

fatty von fatterson • May 30, 2006 at 10:57 am

Your pics are GORGEOUS!! Damn.

I gotta say, I love your outfit, too! You listening to Trinny and Susannah? Hope this doesn’t offend, but I think you deserve some new hip glasses, too. Or contacts. It’s amazing what a difference they will make when you look in the mirror!

NicoleW • May 30, 2006 at 8:40 pm

1. You look fabulous!

2. You officially have the coolest progress photos on the Web. I love the overlay picture.

Kate • May 30, 2006 at 11:08 pm

You look amazing! Congratulations. You’re helping me stay motivated on my diet, so thanks!

Me! • May 31, 2006 at 9:58 am

Hee! Your arms are not getting longer! I am sure you know it is just that you lost so much arm fat that they aren’t being pushed out away from your body any more. Like a shirt that looks too short because of a larger belly pushing it out instead of draping straight down. Great work!!

Melissa • June 1, 2006 at 3:47 pm

WOW! Congrats. I just saw your webpage the other day and I have to say you are my inspiration now. I am about 260 and I want to get back down to 140, as I was in high school. I am considering trying the South Beach Diet like you, since I have tried everything else, including eating just an apple a day! I am also going to bring in pilates in my working routine. I walk with Leslie Sansone with her 1, 2, 3, etc mile walks at home. Got to say they really work! I just want to say thank you so much for being an inspiration to me and keep up the good work! You look fabulous.

M, the fat girl • June 1, 2006 at 8:11 pm

You look amazing. For serious. It always amazes me that people look like their age changes as their weight does.

Holly • June 2, 2006 at 6:52 pm

Great Job! You look great!

wildflower • June 2, 2006 at 7:52 pm

Awesome! You look fantastic!

Katrina • June 3, 2006 at 6:38 pm

Amazing! Simply incredible. Congratulations!

Buy Experiences, Not Things - The Atlantic
Money can buy happiness if you spend it on experiences, not things.

The Man Who Smuggles Trader Joe’s into Canada