Go team!

Thanks to everyone who commented on my last entry. It was like a little pep rally in my honor, though much better than any actual pep rallies I attended in high school. Actually, I usually tried to cut pep rallies. My class suffered from a serious lack of pep. We never won the spirit stick at any of the pep rallies until the final one senior year, which they just gave us out of pity or a twisted desire to ruin our perfect record. They couldn’t even let us take pride in the fact that we were total losers, the jerks.

It’s funny, because I’ve given many pep talks in other people’s blogs saying many of the same things you guys said, but I guess I still need to be reminded of them from time to time.

Marly • May 8, 2006 at 2:18 pm

You deserve whatever we can give. Few people have the drive and the commitment to make such a drastic change like you did, and make it last, so you need to be reminded of how amazing what you did is.

:) (: (()) Smiles and hugs!

DK • May 8, 2006 at 3:59 pm

You’re kicking ass and keep up the good work! I lost 15% of me and feel pretty good, and know how difficult that was, so the fact that you’ve made it this far is testament to your character. Keep up the good work — DK

Hilly • May 8, 2006 at 6:44 pm

Sorry I missed the party! You know I have hit many a plateau in my journey and each time tried to tell myself it was normal but inside did not believe myself as well.

You will bust past this – you are a superhero!

Kirsten • May 9, 2006 at 3:08 am

Yes indeed!

You know, I have no idea what a pep rally is. Or a spirit stick.

Jen • May 9, 2006 at 9:58 am

I’ve recently discovered your blog. I don’t know if you realize just how inspiring you are? Keep it up and keep telling us about your journey! I’m proud of you and trying to follow in your footsteps!

PastaQueen • May 9, 2006 at 2:13 pm

Kirsten – Trust me, you’re not missing anything.

A pep rally is when they’d herd all the kids into the gym bleachers the day of a sports event to cheer on the team. The band would play, the dance team might do a routine, sometimes they’d announce Homecoming court etc.

At our school whoever cheered the hardest won the “Spirit Stick” for that rally which was just a stupid wood stick with an ‘S’ in a circle on the end like a wand. I think it actually got stolen once as a prank.

Kirsten • May 10, 2006 at 3:39 am

Ah. At British schools, if not actually on the team, you’re allowed to ignore sports events. We don’t have cheerleaders either.

On the other hand, if you’re at a private school (I was) you probably have Founder’s Day or something similar, where they herd you into the hall and make you listen to a speech about the founder of the school and then some former pupil gives a supposedly inspiring, and hopefully short, speech about their career. And sing the school song. I am not kidding.