Weight: 229 – Pounds left to lose: 69

Oh dearie, up half a pound this week. It’s that time of the month though, so it’s probably just water. H20, you are the bane of my existence.

In other news, can I just mention what a total mindfuck it is that I can now buy tops at ‘normal’ stores? I actually bought something at Old Navy for the first time in my life. (I’m aware that some Old Navy stores have plus size sections, but the one near me doesn’t, so I’ve never gone there.) I feel like I just leveled up while playing “Grand Theft Auto” and can now access a whole new section of the game, only without all the stealing and shooting and whoring. Though that would certainly make the shopping experience more interesting.

kathryn • April 1, 2006 at 3:12 pm

Omg, I’m going to have to show my son your post. It will put weight loss into terms he understands :)

Dee • April 1, 2006 at 6:48 pm

HAHAHHA that was awesome, not the gain (but I totally avoid the scale around that time anyways because it’d mess with me too much).

But the Gamer analogy. Gold. heh

I hope you strut day in and out in those items you bought.

M, the fat girl • April 2, 2006 at 3:09 am

I was just at Old Navy today. What’d you get?

hilly • April 2, 2006 at 2:23 pm

Okay if you are only up .5 during TOM, I bet you have a kickass WL so far! You are so amazing, I just wanted to say that :).

Katrina • April 2, 2006 at 2:29 pm

Wow! A regular size top from ON… nice! Congrats!

PastaQueen • April 2, 2006 at 7:05 pm

M – I got a brown light-weight sweater that looks kind of like a wrap top but really isn’t. The material just crosses over. It was on clearance.

little miss ess • April 3, 2006 at 9:37 am

Woohoo! I was just at Old Navy this weekend and accidentally stumbled into the very large plus-sized section (at the 6th Avenue store, NY’ers who are plus-sized). I don’t wear plus-sizes, so was disappointed that all of the really cute stuff actually seemed to be in that section and not in the regular section (which, to my horror, is starting to look too young for me).

JM • April 5, 2006 at 1:43 pm

Have you read The Savage Girl by Alex Shakar? In it, there’s a marketing campaign for a diet water — you drink it but it goes right through, no effect on the body and therefore no bloat. A chilling idea, and yet somewhat appealing…

Chris • March 22, 2011 at 6:52 pm

Love the random GTA reference, you’re hilarious :-)