Weight: 227 – Pounds left to lose: 67

Ouch! I’m back up to 227 this week. In all fairness, I had to weigh myself earlier in the morning than I usually do, so I was probably more hydrated than I typically am when I weigh-in. My fancy-schmancy scale is backing me up on this one because my hydration percentage was higher than normal and my body fat percentage was the lowest it’s ever been (44.7%).

Why was I up so early? Well, we finally put the house on the market this week, so now I get to be run out of my house at strange hours so people can insult our carpets and leave all our lights turned on. I think this is actually going to cost me lots of money because the only place I can think of going is stores where I inevitably buy things. I really should insist everyone who views the house give us gift cards to cover these expenses. I feel a bit betrayed that my cat hasn’t said anything about it to us. All these strangers have been running through the house and he hasn’t mentioned a thing! You’d think he’d at least try to spell out a message with his kitty kibble.

I currently live with my mother, though I’ve never mentioned that here before for the exact same reasons I’ve never strolled into my local tattoo parlor and requested they write “Loser” on my forehead. I get along really well with my mom and there’s no way I would be out of credit card debt if she hadn’t let me stay here. Still, there is a tendency to look down upon people in their 20’s who still live with their parents, in America at least. All 20-somethings are supposed to be living in fabulous apartments with promising jobs and fabulous social lives or something. How we’re supposed to afford to do this, I don’t know. Sell a kidney? I already got rid of the gall bladder, but that cost me money.

monica • April 15, 2006 at 8:53 pm

if it makes u feel any better — i live with my parents too and i’m a 20 something. life happens sometimes right? such is life…

Sujaz • April 15, 2006 at 9:14 pm

Man I hated it when we had to have strangers viewing our house. Selling can be a very stressful time.

By the way, You’re not a loser if you are still 20 something, living at home with your mum. It’s actually extremely common now days for people to stay living with their parents for way longer then the old days. In fact at 23 I only just moved out of home for the first time this year. And although I love the freedom it’s so much easier and cheaper living with my parents. My twin brother is still living with them and all my friends are still living with their parents. The main reason our generation is still at home is because it’s so expense out there now days.

Katrina • April 15, 2006 at 10:46 pm

And the debt. Oh the wretched damn debt.

I moved out of my parents home at 24… its been a good year. But for how often I am here and how much I pay- not worth it.

Good luck with the house. And I would shop too… perhaps try to go to Barnes and Nobles or whatever you have thats similar and browse the books, or the magazines.

Joie • April 16, 2006 at 9:24 am

You’re doing the right thing.

Get out of debt!

That’s very important.

I’m on the 5th year of a 5 year plan to extract myself from credit card debt and even with several set backs I hope to be clean of it by Jan. 2007.

I expect my 16 yr. old son to continue to live with me if he doesn’t go to college well into his 20’s.

With the price of housing and gas it’s to be expected.

Fat Bitch • April 16, 2006 at 7:18 pm

I admire you so much for all the weight that you have lost!!!!!!!!

I found your blog via Hopefulloser and I’m very glad I did!!!!!!

You better believe I will be reading and talking to you a lot.

Fat Bitch • April 16, 2006 at 7:20 pm

Oh yes and I am adding you to my blog links.

Amyt • April 17, 2006 at 6:55 am

dude, there is no glamour is living on your own in your twenties. i don’t have cable or a telephone or internet at home, they’re luxuries i can’t afford living on my own. geez, if i was in jail i’d get cable.

Karen • April 17, 2006 at 5:49 pm

I think it depends on the people involved. If the relationship between parent and adult kid is easy and happy why not live in the same house? Outside of the practical considerations, you can both serve as a source of emotional strength for the other. It can be a mean old world and a little comfort is nothing to sneer at.

Hilly • April 18, 2006 at 1:30 pm

There is no shame in living with your Mom if you are accomplishing goals and sistah, you are in your 20’s, not your 40’s!

Kari • August 7, 2006 at 10:33 pm

Can you tell me what fancy-schmancy scale you have? Thanks.

PS – I lived at home until my mid-20’s which allowed me to afford the down payment on my condo.