Weight: 224 – Pounds left to lose: 64

Now there’s a number I like to see! 224. Thank goodness. I don’t know how I would have dealt with three weeks straight of gaining. It probably helped that I stayed in bed until noon and was dehydrated, but whatever works!

I’ve got to keep this short because I’m going apartment hunting today. One place in particular looks very promising, though it’s right at the cusp of what I can afford. It’s a complex of studio and one bedroom apartments, so there won’t be other people’s kids running around on the ceiling. It’s also right next to a trail that runs through the city which I could go walking or biking on. Nice neighborhood too. I even checked the crime rate online and it’s low. I’m hoping I can get them to knock a little off the rent, but I hate negotiations like that. One of the reasons I bought a Saturn was because it’s no-haggle.

I just have to remember to believe in my own power. I tend to think everyone else has the power to make decisions or set prices and make things happen, but I have to remember I have power too. Half of being powerful is just believing you have power in the first place and then acting like it. Like they say, fake it until you make it. The worst thing that can happen is they’ll say no, that’s the final price. But I still feel uncomfortable asking for a better price. I seriously need to get over this “Take what you’re given” complex I seem to have.

Eh... not so much • April 29, 2006 at 11:21 am

You’re doing so great! I’m bearing down on the last 15.6 pounds I want to lose to meet my official WeightWatchers goal. I’m going to hold off on purchasing the 17″ MacBook Pro I so desperately want until I hit my goal weight! If I lose about a pound every week, I can make it by August 10. Good luck to us all!

Marly • April 29, 2006 at 12:24 pm

*shuffle shuffle jump jump high-kick booty-shake irish jig* I’m doing an extra victory dance for you! You’re doing so well!

kathryn • April 29, 2006 at 5:56 pm

Well done. And good luck with the negotiations – I’m hopeless at that stuff too.

Sujaz • April 30, 2006 at 5:19 am

Well done! :), I only lost 0.88lbs this week. Good luck with the apartment searching. It was hell when I went looking for my apartment. Thank god it’s over till my lease runs out in 3months.

Fat Bitch • April 30, 2006 at 6:16 pm

Oh yes my dear, you DO have power and it is manifesting itself right now in the most fabulous of ways!!!!!

I hope you get that apt. you want. It sounds great for your particular needs.

You know I myself always loved those Saturn commercials and thought that one day I’d end up getting one but I got a Kia instead. My hubby bought it for me as a gift so I took it with open arms. ;)

Congratulations on getting to that 224 pounds!

mangosalsa • April 30, 2006 at 9:03 pm

Hi, we are at the same weight! I started at about 290 last October. My goal is 154, because I calculated at that BMI I will not be in the “normal” range. It’s amazing that you have come this far.

Charly • May 1, 2006 at 10:46 am

I just wanted to thank you for keeping up this site and compliment you on being as strong as you are to keep loosing weight. It really is an inspiration. Coming from a family that I’d call fat (i personally don’t like the term, but i cringe even more when i hear morbidly obese) I can completely relate with people’s struggles to lose weight. I have been going at it for just over a year now, and although I lose weight at an incredibly slow rate, I am slowly reaching my goal. Unfortunatly, sometimes my confidence drops and I feel sick of working out and eating healthy. Reading blogs like yours help me to realize why I’m doing this; because I do not want to end up like the rest of my family, I do not want to die an early death, I do not want to have to worry about being made fun of or mocked, and I DO want to be considered sexy. Thanks again.

Chris • March 26, 2011 at 6:59 pm

I’m the same way, with haggling, and not just with cars: decisions in general :-/. Hopefully you’ve gotten better at that since this post, I’m still trying to learn it. I think self-confidence helps a lot, and I hope to gain more of that with weight loss.