Weight: 229 – Pounds left to lose: 69

Holy crap! 229? How’d that happen? That’s six pounds less than last week and it’s not even that time of the month. My only possible explanation on this one is that I didn’t eat very much on Monday or Tuesday because I was stressed about buying my first car. My mom and I tend to lose our appetites when we’re anxious. She lost 30 pounds alone when my dad left us. Nothing like the all stress diet. I hear it’s bad for the immune system though, so I wouldn’t recommend it.

I was thinking more about my pants last night, wondering if I indeed was in denial about what size I am. If I went shopping in Chicago, would I be one of those poor saps pulled aside by the Oprah makeover crew when they’re doing a “What not to wear” show? As I was moving my laundry basket this morning, I saw the box of old clothes sitting beneath it and pulled out my old corduroy pants a.k.a. the dream pants. Back between high school and college I lost about 40 pounds and these were the goal pants. I’d bought them around junior year of high school when I was 16 when they just barely fit and they never fit again.

Duhn, duhn, duhn! I tried them on and, again – holy crap – they fit. Like, really fit. I can stand and sit down in them without inhaling half the oxygen in the room. Woah. They are size 22. So, I can now admit it, I was in complete denial about the pants. Thank you for opening my eyes. I find this a bit odd because I couldn’t fit into these when I weighed 220 back in college, but I can now that I weigh 229. What’s with that?

This also begs the question, when the hell was I a size 24? I totally missed it. This is like waking up from a coma and losing one year of your life. Where’d 2005 go? You snooze you lose!

Yet again, here is a picture of me, but no car this time. It’s picture week at Half of Me! It’s a bit dark in the hallway where I took this, but hopefully we can now all agree that these pants fit, yes? Please?

Now, off I go for a haircut!

Eh... not so much • March 18, 2006 at 11:48 am

They totally fit! You are doing so great!!!

hopefulloser • March 18, 2006 at 12:17 pm

I’m wearing out the letters on my keyboard for “YOU LOOK AWESOME!” I’ve written that so much here.

Slim • March 18, 2006 at 12:47 pm

What can I say? You absolutely ROCK!!!! Thanks for sharing.

scone • March 18, 2006 at 2:58 pm

As The Manolo says, “Super Fantastic!”

dg • March 18, 2006 at 3:37 pm

superfantastic indeed :) 229 and feelin’ fine! (was there a simpsons episode where homer steps on the scale and says that? it was something that rhymed with nine, anyway :)

Chrissi • March 18, 2006 at 3:46 pm

You are looking SO GREAT!!

Erin • March 18, 2006 at 4:33 pm

Congrats on getting in to your dream pants! Yep, they fit and they look great.

M, the fat girl • March 18, 2006 at 8:39 pm

Much better! The cardigan is cute—does it have buttons, or a closure of any kind? You should button it! Much neater, and it’ll emphasize your adorable waist. (To warn: I am sometimes bossy with my fashion advice. You can tell me to shut up.)

I think you have a shape that might give you trouble with pants FITTING you, though I think it’ll be easier when you’re a little smaller and the hip-waist curve isn’t so dramatic—also because there are just more clothing options for smaller girls, and thus a variety of cuts (me, I learn to deal with big hips, as I’m currently maintaining my weight). There’s “too big” and “not as much too big,” and then there is “good fit.” See how there’s extra fabric around the knee and thigh? I’d agree with whoever said that you should look for a slimmer leg in your pants. I know at Lane Bryant you can shop by fit. Again, though, I would loooove to see those long legs in an a-line skirt. So cute!

And yes: haircut (me too, on Thursday! I’m excited! And scared!). You do have some wavy/curly stuff going on! I imagine the sweetest wispy wavy bob on you. Are you thinking about trying any of Lorraine Massey’s ideas from Curly Girl?

Please excuse the hyperactivity. You have no idea how excited I get when presented with the opportunity to give an adorable fat girl my unsolicited fashion advice.

The best resource for fat fashion I know, by the way, is the fantastic livejournal community Fatshionista.

Anne • March 18, 2006 at 8:51 pm

You look great, and the pants FIT!

Have a great weekend.

little miss ess • March 18, 2006 at 8:52 pm

Hell, yeah they fit. You look awesome!

Moppy • March 19, 2006 at 11:45 am

I just found your page and have spent the last couple of days reading your entries. You are such an inspiration.

I am also working on the weight reduction thing, and I could have written many of the same things you did about how you were feeling along this journey. Except – I’m not as funny as you are!

Annie • March 19, 2006 at 12:09 pm

Yes! They fit you perfectly and you look asolutely GREAT!!!

Lulu • March 19, 2006 at 12:14 pm

What lovely collar bones!

Jessi • March 19, 2006 at 2:18 pm

You look fabulous! You’ve lost so much! Congrats and keep up the good work!

Julia • March 19, 2006 at 5:19 pm

Oh, you’re cute! With the weight coming off you can start to see what a young thing you are! Keep it up :-)

Michele • March 19, 2006 at 5:38 pm

Lookin’ fabulous! I am sooo glad you’re off to get a hairstyle to go with the rest of you.

Kim • March 19, 2006 at 7:14 pm

Wowzer! Yeah for you!! Lookin’ fly!! :)

Amy • March 20, 2006 at 7:47 am

you’re beaming in that picture, it’s wonderful!

PastaQueen • March 21, 2006 at 9:23 pm

M – The cardigan is my mother’s from the 70′s and has a belt that ties around the waist, but that’s not really my style so I left it loose. I wish it did have buttons.

I don’t mind the fashion advice! I’d basically ignored fashion for the past quarter century and have only gotten into it lately, so it’s a topic of interest. Good luck with your haircut! Mine came out pretty well. It’s shoulder length, though I’m not sure if it qualifies as a bob. It’s much neater anyway.

SHANNON • March 22, 2006 at 10:40 am

You look great. I’ve never written before but have been reading you for awhile. You were my final inspiration to get off of my ass! 8lbs gone in 6weeks so I feel I’m on my way and you really have helped keep the motivation there, to know that it is possible and that I’m worth it. Keep it up! absolutely fantastic!!!!!

Ladyjay • January 10, 2007 at 11:47 am

You’re a smaller size at the same weight because you have discovered the joys of exercise! Muscle takes up less room than fat but weighs more. I know I am commenting to an old entry, but hey.

Well done!

xx

girlpower • May 28, 2008 at 10:21 pm

I ran across your blog just now! I too am 229! Last week I cut back on my eating, drank coffee and did not eat past 6:00 and I lost 5 pounds. I went back up however, but, now I am back on the train and back to 229.

I figure this is the lowest weight I have seen on myself recently so, I will have to kick it into overdrive and be really good to get past this point. Today I had: yogurt & granola, sugar free coffee w lite whipped cream, grilled chicken w a ton of green beans, and water with lots of lemon.

We will see what happens tomorrow! I have been doing 100 sit-ups every night for 2 months now. I have not notice any weight loss from this but, my waist is getting smaller and tummy flatter. I use the XL Danskin ball for my sit-ups.

Fitbit, Nest data: How the companies are making money off you.

The Citicorp tower design flaw that could have wiped out the skyscraper: 99% Invisible by Roman Mars.
Glad someone figured this out before disaster happened.

Charles O'Rear is the photographer who took the Windows XP wallpaper photo in Napa Valley.
I always thought this image was Photoshopped, but evidently it's real!

Site Meter