No seat belt extender required!

I bought a car! This now tops my gall bladder surgery as the most expensive thing that I’ve ever purchased. I like the car better because it is an actual physical object that I can show people as apposed to the gall bladder surgery which is basically the absence of an object. I can’t exactly go around splitting open my abdomen and say “See, no gallbladder!” I guess I could, but ouch! Plus the car is shiny.

See? Shiny!

I got a 2002 Saturn SL1 with 53K miles on it. A year ago I, know I wouldn’t have been able to fit comfortably in this car and the seat belts most likely wouldn’t have fit. Another benefit of massive weight loss.

Eh... not so much • March 15, 2006 at 7:05 pm

Nice car, congrats!

And look at that great chin and waist you’re workin’! Fantastic!

zara • March 15, 2006 at 7:06 pm

Kick ass! And who is the sexy woman who modeled the car for you? ;)

Anne • March 15, 2006 at 7:07 pm

Woohoo! Have fun in your new ride!

Jessi • March 15, 2006 at 7:37 pm

Wow, you look fantastic! And the car is nice too!

little miss ess • March 15, 2006 at 8:11 pm

Hooray!

You look fab, darlin’.

And the car is red!

Wheee!

kathryn • March 15, 2006 at 8:52 pm

Nice car but gall bladder surgery gives you a nice shiny scar :)

Josie • March 15, 2006 at 9:03 pm

I mean this in a good way- those pants are too big for you!!! Whoo-hoo! Congratulations!

Kim • March 15, 2006 at 9:13 pm

Both you and the car look FAB!! Congrats! :)

Judithin NYC • March 15, 2006 at 9:45 pm

Congratulations on the car. But what truly amazed me was you. Wow!!!! You have a waist. Show it off, baby.

Erin • March 15, 2006 at 11:02 pm

Saturns are great cars, we’ve had ours for about 3 years, and we’ve never had anything happen that wasn’t expected, so yay for that.

Your blog is really inspirational, and your pictures, holy crap! Congratulations on all of your hard work paying off.

PastaQueen • March 15, 2006 at 11:20 pm

gall bladder surgery gives you a nice shiny scar

kathryn – Ha! That had me literally laughing out loud. Which do I want, a shiny red car or a shiny red scar?

Eh & Judithin NYC – Re: My waist. I know! I actually have a waist now! Exciting! I must confess, I finally found a bra in my proper size two weeks ago and it’s made me look at least 5-10 pounds thinner and helps accentuate my waist. Proper underwear makes all the difference!

jus me... • March 16, 2006 at 2:21 am

Nice car…comgrats! Wow, you are really looking good! you can sure tell how hard you have been working, and yes, the pants are too big! That is a good thing!

Lainey • March 16, 2006 at 3:54 am

Bloomin’ ‘eck! Look at you, Never mind the car!

Check out your jawline! And those jeans are falling off you! You look incredible!

Kirsten • March 16, 2006 at 4:14 am

Amen to all of the above – but nobody’s remarked that your top matches the car very nicely! (And suits you.)

Is it time for a new twirly photo yet? OK, we can see how you’re doing from this… but we like the twirly photos.

Kelly • March 16, 2006 at 5:11 am

Congratulations!

I just found your site and read your stats and I am AMAZED by your accomplishments!

Amy • March 16, 2006 at 7:48 am

i love that you’re both in red, the color of confidence and sappy love songs. congrats on the car and that skinny waist!

Susan • March 16, 2006 at 8:43 am

You are such an inspiration. I love the car but the picture of you was worth a second look. If you had on pants that were the right size, we would have all been even more impressed. I know when you are loosing a lot of weight that you have to wear what you have until it won’t stay on your body- and yif that is your belt peeping out- you better be looking for a new one!

Belladora • March 16, 2006 at 9:11 am

Congrats!!!

Saffy • March 16, 2006 at 9:18 am

As the risk of sounding redundant, i just had to say how freaking fabulous you look! Your pictures conclusively illustrate that it IS possible to lose big whopping gobs of weight. It helps me that believe that this is possible for me too. Thanks for taking us along for the ride…..(pun intended…;)

Heather • March 16, 2006 at 10:31 am

Nice car, but wow!! You look fabulous! Congratulations on both the car and how well you are doing.

Fatslayer • March 16, 2006 at 1:14 pm

Amen to everything everyone else has said – the car is lovely, shiny and red, so therefore perfect, but you are also lovely (though not red or shiny thankfully) and you have some fabulous curves appearing – you’re going to be a real stunner when you get to goal!

You should get yourself some figure hugging clothes to accentuate your waist – I’m jealous ‘cos I haven’t seen any sign of a waist appearing myself. Mwwwaaaa – I want a waist too!

As always, you are a huge inspiration to me – keep up the good work.

ic • March 16, 2006 at 2:16 pm

Wow you look fabulous!!! I read your blog all the time and have been following your progress for months. I do have to agree with some of the other posts that your pants are way too big. I know its expensive to buy clothes all the time but it really helps with your motivation if you see your curves in the mirror everyday. I think the big pants are making you alot bigger than you are. I hope you don’t take this post the wrong way. Keep up the good work you are an inspiration to all of us :-)

shannon • March 16, 2006 at 3:31 pm

i truly cannot believe how thin you are! you look fantastic!

M, the fat girl • March 16, 2006 at 3:46 pm

Pretty girl, it is time for some new clothes that fit you. Have you thought about trying skirts? It looks like you might be sporting some great legs under those baggy jeans.

You have long since earned the rewards that so many people give themselves all the way through their weight-loss journey, the spa days and haircuts and new clothes and all-around pampering. Go for it.

Dee • March 16, 2006 at 4:56 pm

Love the car, and holy crap @ how small you’re looking!!!! I was like WHOA, WHOA!!! I had the biggest giggle at you walking around spliting your side open to show the lack of gall bladder LOL.

I <3 your sense of humour.

Chrissie • March 17, 2006 at 2:21 am

Ditto!

Marla • March 17, 2006 at 5:17 am

OMG you look fantastic! Gorgeous! The car is the perfect accessory – did you wear matching clothes on purpose? :-)

Lulu • March 17, 2006 at 8:27 am

Fabulous — both you and the car!

hopefulloser • March 17, 2006 at 10:26 am

I haven’t read everybody’s comments yet so this is probably really redundant but WOW. You look awesome! And super cute! Then I noticed the car. Super cool!

Congrats!

Hilly • March 17, 2006 at 2:20 pm

Ok wait, first of all you look so freaking slim, Shady!!!!!!!!

Secondly, congrats on your new car.

Lastly, another scary thing in common between you and my DH…being from where you are from and now the gallbladder thing…he had his removed too, which prompted his huge weight loss.

yay for new cars!

Jen • March 20, 2006 at 12:39 pm

I have the same car ‘sept mine’s black. Enjoy!

If, Like Renee Zellweger, You're Female and Have a Face and Body, Listen Up - NYTimes.com

In Minnesota, Abandoned Wheelchairs Are Just Part Of The Landscape : Shots - Health News : NPR
I've seen abandoned shopping carts before, but never wheelchairs.