Weight: 239 – Pounds left to lose: 79

Water weight,

Water weight,

Why won’t you evaporate?

Like my chant? Can’t you just see girls skipping rope on the playground chanting it?

I’m up 3 pounds this week, but I am not deterred. My body likes to mess with me like this. On the positive side, I’m still lower than I was 2 weeks ago. Strangely enough, my body fat dipped into the 46 percentile this week for the first time. I’d been in the 47’s for the last month.

Sometimes I wish I could weigh myself in one of those big water tanks each week that precisely measures your body fat. But that seems like an awful lot of trouble. Where would I store a human-size aquarium in my house anyway? It would be an interesting conversation piece though. “Why do you have this huge glass tank filled with water?” people would ask. And I’d say “Oh, that’s where I precisely measure my body fat each week.” Then they’d give me a really weird look, like I’d just said I collect all my toenail clippings in glass jars in the basement. But then they’d want to go weigh themselves in it and I’m sure it would just be a big hassle. So thank goodness I don’t do that.

Abby • February 18, 2006 at 8:27 pm

Just a random lurker here, but I’m guessing you already know about http://www.fittogether.net (AKA http://www.mybodycomp.com)??

It has one of the most comprehensive body fat analysis & tracking features I’ve every seen. :) Just passing it along in case you haven’t heard of it.

Amy • February 18, 2006 at 9:17 pm

You’ve inspired me!

It’s odd that I have known a couple people on the South Beach diet and the one to inspire me to go it on myself, I have never actually met. Hmmmm.

So I just went grocery shopping and I think I am starting to panic. I am not much of a cook or a meat eater, so I am wondering what, exactly, I am getting myself in to. None of my clothes are fitting anymore though, so the possibility of 8-13 pound loss in the first two weeks is really motivating me. I have been trying to lose weight for the last several months and I have stayed exactly where I am…

Wish me luck!

melissa • February 19, 2006 at 12:52 am

Hey! I’ve just spent 2 days reading through your old entries. You are amazing! I think that we’re very similar (starting weight, music we like, humor…etc.) and you are such an inspiration for me.

I have a question though, if you don’t mind. What kind of treadmill do you have? Currently I weigh over 330lbs… and I only know that because my scale, which can only weigh up to 330lbs, screams in protest and then displays that annoying “E” whenever even try I get near it. I want to start walking, but like you, I fear…no, FEAR, doing it in public, so I’m looking into buying a treadmill. Most of the ones that I’ve seen come with a weight limit of somewhere between 250 – 300lbs. What do you have and where did your Mom find it?

kathryn • February 19, 2006 at 1:27 am

I’m sure you could use it for other things as well – like maybe as one of those flotation tanks (does it have to be glass?) or you could keep fish in there the rest of the week. Maybe a lobster, then every week before weigh in you could have a lobster dinner.

Kim • February 19, 2006 at 2:30 pm

I’ve just recently found your blog. Congratulations on your success so far! I am so impressed by all that you have accomplished.

Dee • February 20, 2006 at 12:48 am

LOL!!!! I had the most vivid pictures while reading that about your flotation tank. OH man, if I were over your house tho, I’d totally want to have “a turn” at it.

I like Kathryn’s idea of using at as a lobster storage for a week and eating it the day before WI LOL

p.s. the water weight chant was hot.

PastaQueen • February 20, 2006 at 12:31 pm

Abby – Thanks for the link. That site actually put my goal weight at 190. How sweet of them! :)

Amy – Luck! (Of the ‘good’ variety.)

melissa – We have a Proform 535x treadmill from Sears. I looked at the manual and searched online, but couldn’t find specific info on it, but I think the weight limit actually is around 250-300 pounds. My mom didn’t tell me that until I’d lost a lot of weight. You can try getting one of those, but I can’t guarantee you won’t burn out the motor. I’m pretty surprised I didn’t.

kathryn – But who will clean out the lobster poo? :)

Cristy • February 21, 2006 at 12:41 pm

You should probably make sure your new gigantic people aquarium is chlorinated, so when people ask if they can use it, you can readily agree. Otherwise, you would have to grudgingly say yes because you didn’t want to hurt their feelings, and then drain and clean it everytime an outsider used it. In fact, you could put in jets, seats, and a heater and use it as a hot tub! But then you will need a new place to store your lobsters.

randomfatgirl • February 21, 2006 at 12:57 pm

Just wanted to say I like your blog!! I’ve added you to my links list. :)

juliamazal • February 22, 2006 at 1:06 am

“Why do you have this huge glass tank filled with water?” people would ask.

I think you should look at them intensely for a fleeting moment and mumble, vaguely, “Oh, sometimes people really tick me off…” and quickly change the subject.