Weight: 235 – Pounds left to lose: 75

Yay, I actually lost weight this week. I’m a bit surprised because my knees were hurting from all the jogging I’ve been doing, so I had to slow down and back off this week. Damn you, knees! I need my skeleton to be coated in adamantium like Wolverine. Then I could exercise all I wanted to.

I started shopping used cars yesterday and I’m happy to say I fit just fine into a Saturn Ion and a Chevy Cavalier. No belly rubbing against the steering wheel here! Car shopping is stressful though. Ugh. The Internet helps a lot though since I can browse dealers’ inventories online and pick out the cars I want to test drive. But I’m not looking forward to haggling and negotiating and trying not to get suckered into something.

jaime • February 25, 2006 at 12:54 pm

Please, for the love of chocolate, do NOT, under any circumstances, buy a Cavalier. Mine leaked every fluid you put into it.

Kim • February 25, 2006 at 1:20 pm

Congrats on being down another pound!! You are doing great!!!

G.R. • February 25, 2006 at 3:23 pm

You are doing awesome Half of Me, I have been blogging underthe name Twice the Man since I started at more then twice my IBW – I am down to 344 from 431 so far and still at it. You site is great and so much more techno savy then mine. Great blog, great progess – Keep it up!

Shasha • February 25, 2006 at 4:22 pm

I just have to say, I finally took a look at your progress photos today after having read your blog for a while, and your progress is amazing! (I don’t use IE, so I didn’t have the right flash plugin to view your pics). I am totally inspired!

kathryn • February 25, 2006 at 5:20 pm

I hate car shopping. I dunno why they can’t just put the actual price of the car on the tag instead of turning it into some kind of game.

Dee • February 25, 2006 at 11:34 pm

Awesome @ another pound!!!

I am a sucker with cars, I brought my FIRST car 2yrs ago. I walked in and paid the price… yea I beat I was the easiest sale that guy had ever had.. not so good for me.

But I love my car, so I try and ignored the shocked faces when I told people lol. Good luck Car Hunting!

Kim • February 26, 2006 at 5:54 am

Ah I remember the belly rub. When I wore light color shirts I had to put a towel between me and the steering wheel. One time I asked my sister (who has no interest in losing weight whatsoever) what is she gonna do when she can’t get in her car…she said “Buy a bigger car” I LOVE MY SISTER! hahaahha Also do you remember the inner thigh rubbed raw syndrome? All of my pants had the thighs rubbed clean out and oh boy did that make for sore thighs! FYI love my Saturn its been a good little girl!

hopefulloser • February 26, 2006 at 11:56 am

Awesome job on the loss and I’m shopping for a new car too!

I’m getting a honda odyssey, that should be big enough to hold me ;-) I know it’s korny but I need a family car.

I’ve secured a loan and am going to pick it up next weekend. It is nerve wracking going through the process.

What I found helped me a lot is getting a quote over the internet. You can select the local car dealers you want the quote from. Then they know you’ve seen the invoice and blue book value of the car so they can’t over price you. Also they think they’re competing with other dealers and that motivates them to give you a lower price. Then they think you’re all savy and crap and seem to be more down to earth once you go in person. That was my experience anywhoo.

good luck!

Another Fitness Blog • February 26, 2006 at 9:42 pm

Keep up the great work! I’m with Jamie on this one – i’ve never been a big fan of Cavalier’s!

Amy • February 27, 2006 at 8:06 am

another vote against cavaliers. if you need small go with the saturn or a honda. my honda is the toughest car i’ve ever owned, and the 5 speed 4 cylinder is the most powerful 4 cyl on the market, oh and they’re cheap to insure and hold their value better than any other car make.

damn, that really makes me sound like a dealer…

Heather • February 27, 2006 at 4:46 pm

Hi :) I just found your blog and I am so amazed at your progress! You are so inspiring and I want to thank you for sharing your story with all of us.

Mia • February 15, 2007 at 5:39 pm

I’ve seen several posts where you say your knees hurt, and I have a tip that helped me A LOT!

When I started kickboxing aerobics (it’s fun to learn how to kick ass while exercising) my knees started to hurt and click too. The instructor suggested a supplement: Glucosamine and Condroitin (they come in the same pill and you can buy them at the pharmacy). This stuff is recommended to old people with arthritis and joint pains because they help lubricate your joints. Within a week I was feeling a slight difference and pretty soon there was no more pain. It’s at least worth a shot. Happy knees are important to exercising.