Weight: 242 – Pounds left to lose: 82

Back down a pound this week. It’d be nice if it were more, but a loss is a loss, so I won’t complain. I’ve got three weight goals I’m looking forward to right now:

1) Weighing in at 202 pounds, the point at which I will no longer be obese, but simply overweight according to my BMI. This will also be the last time my weight is a palindrome! Unless I get some horrible wasting disease or a tapeworm and drop to 101. Or if I suffer some sort of horrible, life-changing, emotional distress, completely fall off the wagon and balloon back up to 303. (ETA – My mind is not working properly today. As someone pointed out, at 191, 181 etc. I will also weigh a palindrome. Duh. Me stupid.)

2) Reaching a point where my bust measurement is larger than my waist. Considering the size of my rack, I’m not holding my breath on this one. Actually, nix that, holding my breath might help me achieve this goal.

3) Not so much a goal, just something I’m looking forward to, oddly enough. I have to buy a formal dress for my cousin and aunt’s weddings in the spring/summer. Yeah, I’m actually looking foward to buying a dress. I didn’t even go to my high school prom because I didn’t want to buy a dress (and in all fairness, I’m an introvert, fat or skinny). However, now I’m really looking forward to playing dress-up. I even bought a book on make-up because I know little of these feminine arts.

pennyK • January 28, 2006 at 11:49 am

What about when you weigh 191? Or 181, 171, 161…

Hehe, sorry to be a wiseass. Seriously, though,

I enjoy your blog. Congratulations, you’re doing great!

hilly • January 28, 2006 at 12:32 pm

You and I are almost the same weight!!! And we are the same height…we should make ourselves a “get under 200” challenge, LOL.

M, the fat girl • January 28, 2006 at 11:11 pm

Discovering the feminine arts continues to be my favorite thing about rethinking myself and my body. I’ve always been okay with makeup, but I’m learning to accessorize! It’s amazing. I’ve gotten very, very girly. In fact, I am currently as I speak considering the purchase of an honest-to-God lingerie set for Valentine’s Day. Mind-boggling.

Katie • January 29, 2006 at 12:19 pm

I’m glad that I’m not the only person experiencing the “lose a week, bounce for a week or two” phenomenon! I actually lose well for 2 weeks, then the next 2 weeks ZILCH! It makes it really hard not to cheat when I know I’m probably not going to lose anyway.

I almost caught up with you btw… I’m at 243.7 now… hoping to break into the 230’s next week (since it’s the middle of my 2 week losing spree).

I really look forward to coming to read your blog and see what you will be inspired to comment on next!

kathryn • January 29, 2006 at 3:34 pm

Good luck with your goals and with the makeup. It could be worth getting one of those makeup chicks in the department stores to do a makeover. It’s a great way to get free tips.

Jacki • January 30, 2006 at 1:09 am

I must say, I was searching for a web page with good cardio for a woman of my size, and I found your page. I must congradulate you, you have accomplished an AMAZING feat. I am currently 372 lbs, and until recently believed that I was going to be this way forever, and could never change. I am working on changing my mindset. I have started the South Beach diet. I have done this in the past and lost close to 60 lbs. I gave up, close to Christmas 2004, and gained it alllllll back in 2005. DAMN ME! But I will get back on the horse, and work MY ass off, until I reach my goal of 200 lbs. I can live with that. I am 6’0. I was curious, how tall are you? Do you have any tips to help keep me from saying “Just give up, you’ll never be healthy. Eat that HO-HO screw it! !!!!” Thats my biggest downfall. I lose confidence. Any advice, or good cardio options you like?

Jennah • January 30, 2006 at 2:13 am

Just wanted to check in on you and say hi! Keep up the good work. :) Also, losing weight, like an above commenter has made me very girly too. I love make-up and I want to really learn how to put it on right. I might just go in for one of those free make-up makeovers at the mall. :)

Fatslayer • January 30, 2006 at 1:20 pm

Hmmm, still haven’t mastered the feminine arts yet, but I’ll get there one day.

It’s my sister’s wedding at the end of Feb, and for the first time ever I enjoyed shopping for a wedding outfit. I even bought something I’d never have even considered when I was at my highest weight.

Enjoy your shopping trip and don’t forget to choose something sassy and sexy!

jus me... • January 30, 2006 at 7:28 pm

Hi, I really like reading your blog too! You have done great! I am just starting on my journey to becoming healthy. My daughter and I are helping each other and have a blog together. My big goal is to get “under 200” also. Then I want to continue to 150. I have gotton close to 200 many times but it has been a long long time since I have gotton below that magic number. Have fun with the make-up, etc. you deserve it!

PastaQueen • January 31, 2006 at 3:35 pm

kathryn – Someone recommended I try the MAC counter at Nordstrom’s, so I might do that before the wedding. Of course, I would have to buy something because it’d be awfully rude to have someone spend all that time and not help them make quota. Nordstrom’s also does bra fitting, so I could have myself professionally fitted and confirmed by a professional that I have no breasts.

Jacki – I’m actually trying to find new cardio activities myself. Up ’til now I’ve stuck to walking because it’s easy and low-impact. So, I can’t really help you there. I’m 5’9″. As for sticking with it, keeping this blog helps a lot because I have to think about these issues at least a couple times a week when I post. Also, reading other weight loss blogs makes me feel more accountable. There is a great weight loss community online. Check out any of the bloggers in my blogroll on the right.