Weight: 251.5 – Pounds left to lose: 91.5

It’s always nice to see the numbers rolling down instead of up. I’m crossing my fingers and my toes that I’ll break into the 240′s next week.

I’ve started jogging and now muscles I didn’t even know I had hurt! Seriously, why do my lower back muscles hurt? I’d stuck to walking before because I wasn’t sure if my knees could handle 250 pounds of bouncing up and down. I could just imagine myself bopping along and then suddenly collapsing, clutching my knee like Nancy Kerrigan and screaming “Why me?! Why?! I was just about to break 250!” So, maybe my knees are finally healing from the damage I did them when I weighed 372.

Misti • December 10, 2005 at 6:07 pm

Congratulations on your progess! You are such an inspiration! You’re also hilarious btw. I very much enjoy your blog. Good luck with the jogging!

Hilly • December 11, 2005 at 11:27 am

First of all, yay and congrats!

Secondly, *snort* …you are cracking me up with the jogging thing…I refuse to do it cause of my boobs, but hey, that is just me. Every time I do something new, my body hurts as well, so you are definitely not alone!

PastaQueen • December 11, 2005 at 12:24 pm

I have no boobs! So exercising is no problem. I used to really resent my small breasts, but this year I’ve really come to see them as an asset, even if it’s still hard to find a bra.

Anne • December 11, 2005 at 2:20 pm

Great blog and great progress. Very inspiring.The Nancy Kerrigan scenario is funny.

Drina • December 12, 2005 at 10:38 pm

I’d like to give you an early congratulation on breaking into the 240′s, because if you’re jogging now it won’t be long. It’s so exciting to hit a milestone like that. I’m hoping to break into the 230s by Christmas (that is if I don’t eat too many cookies).

Kimberly • August 1, 2009 at 4:41 pm

I’m doing it again – commenting on an old blog post of yours. I love reading the ones where we are the same weight because it helps motivate me to keep going and I can learn from your experiences. I see that this is around the weight where you started to do some running too. I am hurting in ways I never thought I would hurt. Advil is my BFF right now. See? That right there is why I love your archives – similar time frames/emotions/thoughts along with the pounds. You may be done with the whole lose a few hundred pounds thing, but I still have 40% more of the way to go yet. Did you ever think, when you started this blog, that years later what you wrote then would still be read and highly relevant to the reader?

Alecia • August 3, 2009 at 3:56 pm

Late reader too Kimberly!! It really is amazing how timeless the psychology of change can be. I am now on par with her current weight and loss goal. 92 lbs to go for me :-)

Beth • December 6, 2009 at 8:07 pm

This is hilarious.

Visualizing you going down screaming, “Why me??” and I don’t even know you and I am dying laughing.

Comedy.

Buy Experiences, Not Things - The Atlantic
Money can buy happiness if you spend it on experiences, not things.