The Miraculous Properties of Jeans

There is something about wearing a pair of jeans that makes me feel twice as thin as I really am. Does denim have mystical properties I don’t know about? I hear there are some traveling pants that are magical.

Maybe I feel this way because for a long time I couldn’t wear jeans at all. Even the size 28 jeans at Lane Bryant didn’t fit me and I didn’t really know where else to get a pair. I also think there’s a certain point at which you can’t wear jeans anymore without looking like a gold miner’s tent.

There was a fat girl in a college class of mine years ago that wore jeans and I was really tempted to ask her where in the world she got them. Is there a fat girl denim store I don’t know about? I didn’t ask because I didn’t want to embarrass her. “Hey, where did you find jeans that big?!” It doesn’t really matter anymore since I can fit into Lane Bryant jeans once more and I feel like the skinniest size 26 girl in the world.

Dee • December 30, 2005 at 5:57 pm

heh you gotta take moments like that and relish them! I do the same thing with … well any new clothes I feel like the thinnest larger size outLOL and sometimes those moments are so fleeting, so just run with it and feel beatiful.

I totally recommend a strut in there ;)

Happy New Year Hun

hilly • December 30, 2005 at 8:51 pm

That is an awesome feat you have pulled off! I love love love me some Lane Bryant jeans, especially now that they have Seven7 – but to be honest, my faves are the Supremes. Oh and oddly enough, I love the Mossimo jeans at Target; something about the fit.

Happy New Year, Skinny Minnie!

Julia • January 1, 2006 at 5:23 am

Picture please!

PastaQueen • January 1, 2006 at 12:56 pm

Julia – I’ll be doing another 3D photo for my progress page once I hit 240. I’m doing them every 20 pounds. That’ll probably happen in February sometime. *crosses fingers*

Jess • September 12, 2008 at 10:41 pm

I know this is really old, but in case anyone stumbles across it and is wondering the same thing, maybe try makeyourownjeans.com – they’re really cheap, and fabulous. They’re custom made jeans – fit to all the measurements you send, and you can pick the style, the wash, the denim weight etc.

scfrogprincess • December 23, 2008 at 11:18 pm

I get Gloria Vanderbilt boot cut jeans from Catherine’s.. lord I think they go up to size 38, I am in 28/30’s as they are loose fit.. in case anyone is reading back wondering where they can get larger jeans. The brand Catherine’s sells.. cannot think of the name, are more tight fitting, but have elastic in the waist where the GV jeans have a stretch fit and no actual elastic in the waist.