New Progress Pics

As promised, I’ve added another twirly, progress pic to my progress page. Gray and brown might not be the best color combination, but I chose clothes that skim my body and that’s what color they were.

Holy crap, I have lost a lot of weight, haven’t I? Duh, 110 pounds is a lot, but there’s nothing like a visual aid to drive it home. Look at these side pics (not twirly, sorry) at 372 and 262 pounds. I’m like a deflated beach ball! And my arms are getting longer! :)

Mark • October 4, 2005 at 8:50 pm

I just discovered that if I click-drag all the pictures, they will all twirl simultaneously. I’m getting dizzy.

PastaQueen • October 4, 2005 at 11:47 pm

It’s like being on a merry-go-round! Wheeee! *puke*

Kirsten • October 5, 2005 at 3:32 am

I had to go and try that too :)

Goodness me, yes, you are so much thinner! Words can’t say how impressive it is.

hopefulloser • October 6, 2005 at 1:55 am

Frikin’ awesome!!

Has your boss said anything yet? How have people’s reactions been?

You kick ass!

PastaQueen • October 6, 2005 at 2:16 pm

My boss still hasn’t said anything! I’m convinced he must be playing it safe by not saying anything. It’s so easy to insult someone when you mean to compliment them on weight loss. My aunt came by the other day and congratulated me on my weight loss but then threw in the “such a pretty fact” comment which mildly irked me.

Caroline • January 16, 2009 at 9:16 am

@PastaQueen – Do you mean “such a pretty face” or “such a pretty fat?” I’m curious because this was a long time ago (I was reading the archives, oh, you know) and that’s now a book title, and I’m wondering if it’s some kind of expression, perhaps common in one region of the country? Thanks!

I added some fake Black Friday deals to this store's weekly in-store flyer - Album on Imgur
OMG, too funny!

Humans can sleep for days when living alone underground, experiments show - ScienceAlert
This is probably a sign that I've got problems, but the idea of sleeping for 30 hours sounds really appealing.

Justin Bieber chastised audience for clapping on the offbeat: The biggest challenge facing musicians at shows is audiences with bad rhythm.
I'm linking to this because of the video of Harry Connick Jr. at the bottom, who manages to throw in an extra beat in the middle of a song to get people to start clapping on the offbeat without them even realizing. Mad skillz!