Happy Birthday to Me

It was my birthday today a.k.a. annual “@$%#* Your Diet” day and it was downright Dionysian. I’ll consider it my personal Mardi Gras or more appropriately Jeudi Gras. How sad is it that I took two semesters of French in college and I still had to use babelfish to translate the word “Thursday?” Tuition money well spent, eh? (“Eh” is Canadian and that’s halfway French!)

Dinner was a sensible meal of salmon stuffed with feta and spinach, but the sanity ended there. There was pizza for lunch. There was ice cream cake for dessert. There were even truffles. And it was good. Tomorrow it’s back to the coal mines.

My older brother called and we chatted. I remarked that in the past three years our family had lost a combined total of 315 pounds. That’s at least two people we’ve lost without any fatalities. He then remarked he’d actually gained weight, so the total should go down a bit. I tried to feel sorry for him, but it was really hard. My older brother was the one thin person in our family of fat people for years and years and years. I know I should be the caring, empathetic sister, but I find it hard to dig up too much sympathy for his 20 pound or so gain. I’m really just thinking “Welcome to my world, bitch. Enjoy the French onion dip.”

hopefulloser • October 28, 2005 at 1:51 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Kirsten • October 28, 2005 at 4:03 am

And many happy returns of the day.

(Blast. I meant to say that yesterday, as I saw it was your birthday on the FatFighter directory. Oh well, I suppose it wasn’t yet your birthday where you are, anyway!)

Kirsten • October 28, 2005 at 4:03 am

And many happy returns of the day.

Kirsten • October 28, 2005 at 4:03 am

And many happy returns of the day.

Kirsten • October 28, 2005 at 9:02 am

Wishing you them three times may be overkill, however. (I could swear I only clicked once, if I was the kind of person that swears – although the screen did hang…)

Jennifer • October 28, 2005 at 10:16 am

Happy birthday a day late. Glad you enjoyed your Jeudi Gras!

Veronika • October 28, 2005 at 12:54 pm

Happy Birthday! I’m sorry I’m a day late though. I like your thinking about “Tomorrow it’s back to the coal mines.” I believe that’s why you’re so sucessful.

PastaQueen • October 29, 2005 at 12:49 pm

Thanks for the birthday wishes, everyone!

You Are Not A Machine. You Are Not Alone. | Smashing Magazine