Bra Shopping

Fat chicks with small breasts just have no luck bra shopping. I measured my bust and I swear my bra size is a 44A. Truly, that is one of the most absurd bra sizes I’ve ever heard of. Once you get into the 40’s band size you’ll be lucky to find a B cup among the C’s, D’s, DD’s, and DDD’s. An A cup is non-existent. I guess this is because most fat girls have big boobs, but not me. I think anything dangling off my chest right now would be qualified as “man boobs.” Once I get down to my goal weight, I think my chest is going to look like two big mosquito bites.

I’m thinking about trying to buy a bra online, but I’m really hesitant to buy clothing without trying it on. I know you can return things, but I believe I’d still be out shipping costs. And who knows if I really am a 44A? Maybe I’m a 44B or a 42B or a 42A or something. Besides, I’m still losing weight, so whatever size I am I won’t be it for long. I think I’ll make do with the bras I have now until they really start not to fit.

Bob • November 19, 2005 at 1:15 pm

Hi Pasta Queen!

how’s the weight loss going. I really like large ladies with small breasts.I dated a 350 plus pound ldy that was a 54 B. anyway,hope your weight loss is going well.

Bye!

Bob

chia • January 9, 2006 at 9:10 am

I completely understand and am in the same boat…

I tried online and still havent found a comfortable one – i’m with you – beginning to think they dont exist. if you are big you must have big breasts – so very very wrong but thats how the bra makers must think!

good luck with the weight loss – im still trying to find my motivation (well aside from looking in the mirror) – looking for something to get me off of my ass!

PastaQueen • January 10, 2006 at 10:16 pm

chia, about a week after I got a new bra I saw that Just My Size started offering larger band size bras in A and B cups. Terrible timing for me, but when my band size shrinks again I’ll probably get a new bra there.

Soulmate • February 3, 2006 at 8:16 am

Hi Pasta Queen.

Even before getting fat, I had that problem. At 16 I was built like a tree. 115 lbs, and 5′ 5″ I had the smallest breasts and the largest waist in my gym class. I got out of that class!

I now weigh almost 200 lbs, and while my breasts have grown some, they look more like a fat roll than breasts. I fit a 44A. They say. I wear a 42B. Bra’s I can get into that don’t have my breasts rolling around in a too huge cup, bind everywhere. I tried to approach the problem from the other direction. Disregard the smallness of my breasts and buy one of those bra’s that look like it could move cement blocks with it’s superstructure. Then get some pads to fill it out. (Might even make me look more balanced??) Not so easily done. The only pads I could find were not designed for big women with little breasts. They were designed for tiny women with microscopic breasts. Now I had a little breast, with a little piece of foam slipping around on it. This didn’t work.

Another thing – my breasts are round like a half grapefruit – there is no tip, no point, etc. So as you can imagine, adding that ridiculous piece of foam to the equation did not help. It just didn’t know where it should stick.

I have had my type of breast defined as water wings. They sit on the outer edges of my chest and run under my arms almost to my back. Now, if I could snag the whole roll and get it into one of those C or D cup sizes – maybe I could fill it. But, probably due to this fat-roll type of breast, it pretty much wants to stay exactly where it is.

Beyond smallness of breasts, do your nipples respond to the slightest chill? or even to some material? This is taken care of in those tiny bra’s that allow for just a “scosh” of padding. Even in the 36 DD’s. But get yourself into a 42 or 44 with an A or B cup, and the assumption is that the last thing in the world you would want is one tiny bit of lining in your bra. It’s not that difficult engineers!! Big cup size means big breasts!!! Small cup size means small breasts!! Work with the makeup of the cups accordingly. Don’t assume that 38, 40, 42, 44 and beyond should all have superstructures designed for gargantuan breasts!!

I’m tired of searching for a bra that fits –

how do we let them know???

Soulmate

Hayley • March 5, 2006 at 9:52 am

Ever thought of looking for one of those bras that are designed for young girls–like a training bra??? I use to wear those when I was younger. BTW, I’m at my normal weight but have 3/4 of my life trying to be thinner than my body was meant to be. Finally accepting myself for who I am. Hope things work out for you.

melanie • May 11, 2006 at 12:19 am

yeah i hear you. i’m a 42c, but when i was thinner in high school i didn’t quite fill out the 38b, but i couldn’t find 38a so i had to make do. it was not cool.

bob • May 14, 2006 at 6:25 am

Sorry to hear about your weight loss. Anyway, 44A bras are available at HSN.com. They are made by Glamorise.

Sharon • July 3, 2006 at 10:52 pm

I feel your pain. I’m a 44b, but have nothing up top, so I can’t fill out the tops of most b cups. And forget underwire! I’ve tried a few of those since I had my dd two years ago and my breast structure has definitely changed. Now when I wear an underwire of any sort I look like Madonna during her cone bra phase, lol! It just looks totally ridiculous!

I have found one bra that works well, unfortunately I can only find them online and they run about $56 a pop! You may want to try it though. It’s the Anita soft cup style #5493. They’re very stretchy microfiber, so there is minimal puckering on top. I’ve found them at a couple online bra sellers, Frishman’s being the best. I *hate* paying that much for a bra though, it really burns my butt! Anita ia a German manufacturer, hence the high price here in the U.S. I wish that US bramakers would listen up and start making bras for those of us who are bigger ladies with smaller boobs!

Anyway, if you haven’t already tried the Anita line, I would definitely recommend giving them a shot.

Pora Park • November 2, 2006 at 12:15 am

I’d like to suggest a few brands that do have larger bands in A cups: The British mail order corporation Home Shopping Direct includes catalogue companies Ambrose Wilson, J.D. Williams, Naturally Close, Pretty Secrets, Shapely Figures, Simply Be and a few others. *Many* of their styles go to 46 and 48A. Their online catalogues are easy to find using Google. European comfort brands like Anita (www.anita.com), Susa (www.pauldohle.nl), Hunkemoller (www.hunkemoller.com) and Pastunette (www.pastunette.nl) have several (I counted 7 styles by Anita in 50A, 1 more in 46A, and 3 more in 44A. 42 and smaller are standard). The Envie Opulence Angel bra goes to 46AA (www.envie4u.co.uk). The rest of their Angel bra collection goes to 42A roughly. Like you say, Glamorise (www.glamorise.com) goes to 58 A and nearly B.

I’d also like to suggest Ebay. There are bras in this size range there. The stores called Aronsales, Garmei’s Garments, High n Chip, Butterfly dream lady boutique, and JEZ lingerie carry these sizes in Asian imports. The styles are awesome and CHEAP.

Finally, if you are willing to be flexible, the companies that manufacture bras for post-mastectomy offer a lot in this size range (and AA). The styles are just as beautiful as regular bras; some come with small pockets or flaps for prostheses that are easy to snip out with scissors. I highly recommend Amoena (www.amoena.co.uk) which has beautiful styles in 44 through 48As. Other brands in this size range include Camp (www.trulife.ie), Jodee (www.jodee.com), Almost U, American Breast Care (www.americanbreastcare.com).

I’ve come across brands called Reality and Passion that are highly fashionable and come in 46A. No known web sites but often found ebay in Germany.

If you want me to post style numbers or suggest on line retailers ask here.

Pora Park

Haystacks • November 4, 2006 at 3:10 pm

What I do is buy camisoles from the plus section and wear them in everyday life. They are not great at support but I don’t need it. It is not that pretty but they don’t squash you down like a sports bra would. And it prevents the nipple brigade from appearing. But I can only buy so much of thoes so A lot of the time I just go braless. Very comfy but people stare at my nipples and it is embarrasing. I have tried just my size but most of thoes are made of this think horrible polyester and feel awful and are generally ugly. I have found a bra that fits even my frame from amazon though. Leading Lady Full Figure Crossover Leisure Bra Style 114. is what it is called as is very stretchy and it goes to 56 B/C/D.

Pora Park • November 8, 2006 at 6:26 am

I can’t help but post again. I’ve thought of a couple more alternatives depending on one’s level of need/desperation :-) .

One approach is to go the custom ordered route. I know of a few retailers that make bras to one’s measurements. Decent Exposures does the earthy, cotton type (www.decentexposures.com). Snares of Venus is vampy and lists 10 styles in this size range

(http://yhst-7424194520097.stores.yahoo.net/index.html). And the Canadian Association of Professional Bra Makers (www.professionalbramakers.com) has a members list that includes Americans too. Those are the folks who can do everything from scratch. If you have cash to spend and want something super special, a number of luxury bra companies have Bespoke services, which are basically custom made bras. Rigby and Peller (www.rigbyandpeller.com) and Envie (www.envie4u.co.uk) come to mind.

Another approach is to have a local seamstress make you a bra from a commercial pattern. I’ll list the patterns I know of that come in the desired size range, and also where to get “kits” that compile all the fabrics and hardware so you don’t have to. Most of the kits are your basic white, black or nude, but if you want unbelievable laces and colors try spitzen-paradies. Better prices at booby traps.

PATTERNS

DEINE DESSOUS

http://www.deine-dessous.de , http://www.spitzen-paradies.de

Amsterdam Underwire Bra (SM_DDA) 46-50 AA / 44-50 A / 42-48 B

ELAN http://www.fabricdepotco.com

Back Closing Bra With or without Underwire, Optional lace cup (645): 32-42 A / 32-42 B

LEKALA/Modern Sewing http://www.pp-lekala.com , http://www.sewingpatterns.com

Satin Bra (5250): CUSTOM TO YOUR MEASUREMENTS

LINGERIE SECRETS http://www.sewinglingerie.com

“Front Closing” Sports Bra: S-4XL (32-51) A / S-4XL (32-51) B

MARINIQUE http://www.marinique.co.za , http://www.elingeria.de

Lingerie (4 bra patterns and 8 panty patterns): 40-52 A / 40-52 B

Lingerie “Strapless”: 32-42 AA / 32-42 A / 32-42 B

MERCKWAERDIGH http://www.elingeria.de

Wired Bras and Bustier (BH1): 34-48 A / 32-46 B

Bras and Bodysuits (BHB40): 34-46 A / 32-44 B

Wired Bras for the Bigger cup sizes (BHL 15): 44-54 A / 42-52 B

Bras With and Without Wires (BHS10): 30-42 A / 28-40 B

Wired Bra with Vertical Seam, Panties andBodysuit (MIX25): 34-48 A / 32-46 B

Wired Bras with Vertical Seam, Panty and Low Rise Panty (MIX30): 34-46 A / 32-44 B

Wired Bra, Bra Camisole and Panties (MIX4): 34-48 A / 32-46 B

Uplift Bra, Bustier, Bodysuit and Thong (PBHH30): 32-44 A / 30-42 B

Strapless Bra, Bustier, Bodysuit and Thong Bodysuit (STRAP4): 32-42A / 30-40 B

KITS:

I want to suggest to Soulmate to consider trying a few band sizes larger and get the back taken in. This would wrap more of the cup under the arm where the tissue is placed. I do this myself. If you can find a strapless one it would be ideal so you can move the front strap placement more toward the center. (As you go up in band size the straps will move almost under your arms and be irritating to the skin.)

Best regards,

Pora Park

SoulLips • November 12, 2006 at 9:43 pm

OMG! I totally feel your “pain”. I am also a 44A. I’ve tried B cup bras… but I can’t fill the cups. For a friend’s wedding I needed a strapless bra… I ended up with a B cup and needed to buy special pads to fill them (which, unfortunately were designed for a tiny woman… not a woman of my size!). My friends are always telling me that my boobs wouldn’t seem so small if I’d put ’em in a bra… but I literally can’t find one to fit! The few that I’ve found online in my size are either really ugly or sort of okay but horrendously expensive. Someone needs to help us big girls with small breasts out… we need some cushiony cups or gel inserts to help make our “girls” look a little fuller… and in a sexy fabric so we feel good about what we’re wearing. Your sister in smallness- SoulLips

Pora Park • November 13, 2006 at 1:59 am

Hi SoulLips,

You might want to try the Jodee bras. They come with light fiberfill (compared with Anitas, which do not). Quite a few in 44A. And they are well-priced. http://www.makemeheal.com is a good retailer. Also check out the Amoena Denise (www.amoena.co.uk) which is a seamless lace style. Not padded but possibly up your alley (cute!). I’ll get crackin’ on the hunt for a proportional “cutlet!”

Pora

Jan • November 15, 2006 at 12:23 am

It is so good to know that there are other 44A’s!!! I have been desparetly looking for a bra that fits. I will try some of the suggestions given by all of you. Thanks

J"Cie • November 15, 2006 at 1:51 pm

Thank you for the Just My Size site. I’ve been looking forever….

Kristen • December 30, 2006 at 3:51 pm

I too found out today I am a 44A. I used to think I was a 44B (and wore such a bra for years). I went to a place in Snellville, GA called “Neccessities by Sherrie”. They have larger sizes my aunt said. Well, she’s a 44 – LARGE like DD or something. They had ONE BRA FOR ME. A nude colored 44A. They only came in nude or white. No black (which is what I was in search for). So, I bought the nude for a cost of $47.00. I just looked on ebay and bought a set of 2 44A bras for $10 shipped. Let’s hope to god they fit. I tried on a 44B at the same store in Snellville and it DIDNT FIT around me. So I am afraid that the ones I just bought may not fit either.. guess we’ll see.

Thanks for the links. If the ones from Ebay dont’ fit I’ll try the ones online, next!

Pora Park • January 27, 2007 at 4:21 am

Hey Kristen or anyone else,

Did the Ebay bras work out? I’m so curious to see how well the 2 for $10 ones compare to the $47 one. Has anyone else had any luck finding something that fits?

I will share that I’m on the weight gain rollercoaster again. I’m bra shopping for bigger sizes all over the internet. And I had just found my perfect bra (Triumph “Gorgeous,” sold only in Austral/Asia)! It doesn’t come in my latest size, :-( Bra shopping, for just about *every* woman, takes patience to handle all the repetitive ordering and returning…

Cheers,

Pora

Susan • February 1, 2007 at 7:46 pm

I have the same problem but have found an inexpensive solution. I bought the largest size I could get for the band that had the right size cup. Then I went to a local fabric store and bought bra extenders. It worked like a dream! I have lost over 50 pounds and this method has worked out because as I’ve lost pounds and inches, I just closed the extenders in as needed for the best fit.

KP • March 9, 2007 at 6:51 pm

Hello! I recently discovered your blog, and have been catching up with your archives. I’m also a big gal who has a small chest! I’m 5’8, 182 lbs, and I was lucky enough to find Maidenform bras in 42A! I found it at Macy’s. Hopefully this means that more bra makers are getting with the program that not all large women have large breasts! Hope this recommendation helps. I’ve always had luck with Maidenform.

jlh • March 13, 2007 at 6:08 am

Wow! It’s great to hear that I’m not the only one who needs a large band size with a small cup size. Thanks to everyone who posted suggestions. I’m hopeful I can find a bra that fits.

big brenda • September 8, 2007 at 2:56 am

I’ve been reading this thread with fascination. I don’t know if this post will get past the moderator or not, but I’m a guy who wears a bra and has the same problems discussed, small size for a lot of me. I wear 44B of necessity when I can find one whose cups are small enough (the JMS front close fits me pretty well, although the previous model with the double row of hooks was better) and I have 3 Lane Bryant Cacique demis that were wonderful, but they discontinued the pattern (printed satin cups, that cost a little more, like $28 instead of $24 for the plain ones) and the fit went away. Wish I’d bought more, but I only discovered them in a summer clearance. I ordered two different Glamorize 46As but the cups were too large and I had to send them back.

I hope you won’t mind if I keep following the thread. Like you, I’m always looking for the bra that fits perfectly and some day, maybe from a hint here, I WILL!!!

Brenda

TK • September 8, 2007 at 11:05 am

I am curious to know if anyone has tried those stick on “bras” that were advertised on TV a while back. I can’t remember the name of them but they were supposed to add a cup size, they were flesh colored or black, and they hooked together once you had them on. I have always been curious about them because if they actually work it would be great not having to worry about a band cutting into you all day.

I always buy molded cup bras because I feel like they make my breasts look a little larger then they are. I always have problems with them gapping and then I think people know I don’t fill the cup very well. I applaud those of you who are comfortable going braless. I don’t think I could ever do that. I feel like my breasts look like those of an ape; small, off to the sides, with nipples pointing downwards. I have to say though I am glad I don’t have large breasts either. My mom wears a DDD cup and she has struggled her whole life. I would just like to have enough to balance out my bottom half!! I hate being ‘triange’ shaped!!

Thanks to those of you who have posted websites and suggestions…I’m off to expolre.

Frustrated • October 25, 2007 at 12:20 pm

44A…ME TOO! ME TOO! I’ve had a double mastectonomy due to cancer. Previously, I was a 42DD. Then even after reconstruction using 850cc implants I am a size 44A. I’m supposted to wear (day and night) a cotton, seamless, wireless bra. The cotton requirement I could cheat on. However, it has to have form, (e.g. not a stretchey sports bra). I’ve tried 42Bs with a back extension but the cup size is still way too big. Any ideas?

Gracie G • January 26, 2008 at 12:51 pm

My goodness I have been trying to solve this problem for years to no avail. Thanks for this blog! I KNEW I WASN”T ALONE!!!!

I just bought five bras from Penny’s at 42B in the hopes that one would fit, and — nothing fit. I want a bra that is completely non-binding — because of the connection between binding bras and cancer. And I wear a cup size A or B with the “nipple brigade” problem mentioned by Haystacks.

I would just go sans bra, except for my experience in 1970 at University of Texas, going braless with a T-shirt and, get this…a campus cop actually STOPPED ME and told me I needed to wear a bra because men, well, have a bit of a problem seeing the braless look. I think he wanted to make sure I was safe. That is when I was 32-34 AA, just a skinny little girl in the itty-bitty-titty club.

So ever since then I have been aware that as long as I live with other humanoids, I have to take them into consideration and assume some modesty. A bit annoying, but I love ’em (men) enough to understand that they don’t need the distraction. Now I am the average size 16 older woman, and I’m still looking for that perfect loosey-goosey “modesty panel.”

So these are a lot of suggestions, and I will be exploring them all. Thanks again.

Brenda • March 11, 2008 at 12:54 pm

Avenue had a very pretty toile bra with small-ish 44B cups that fits me very nicely.

Realizing I might not be so lucky again for a while I bought 5.

Since then I’ve come across

which I haven’t tried.

They also offer

and

all of which include 40A, 42A and 44A on the size list. There may be others on the

web site but I didn’t want to check 100+ styles.

These are pretty inexpensive and may not stand up to daily use, but if the bra fits…

Wendy • March 13, 2008 at 12:50 pm

Wow, it is so nice to meet you all! I am so tired of putting on a bra that I don’t fit… Heck, I don’t even come close to filling it! I can’t wait to check out those sites!

Aimee • April 2, 2008 at 8:39 pm

I found http://www.figleaves.com they have some nice ones there.

Joyce • April 3, 2008 at 8:50 pm

I just found a seamless cotton bra in a 42B which fit perfectly, especially because the cup ran small. It goes up to a 48B and comes in three colors. I only ordered one to try, but I’m going to order about six more. It’s inexpensive but seems to be made well for the money. The stock # is 45802 and the website is I found it on is http://www.amerimark.com. It really feels great to fill out those cups!!

El Lampner • April 9, 2008 at 10:09 pm

Inoted the comment on E-Bay find I can find what I want some of the time, like the Glamorize 48a in the 9000 line, its generally avaialble on ebay with shipping about $10 less than you can buy in the few stores that sell them. Try Hanes Place they do some times have them.

goodbyetoallfat • June 2, 2008 at 10:34 am

Reading the archives I’m partly *amazed* how many comments this entry has got but also NOT amazed, as obviously there are a lot of us large ladies with small busts.

I think at the moment my “official” size is 50B but I end up wearing 48C as the nearest compromise I can find in standard retailers. I know it will probably get worse as I shrink as well.

It’s obviously to do with *where* we store the excess fat on our bodies and some women who class themselves as BBWs may have the very buxom top heavy shape that “men who love fat women” actually want.

When confronted with a very FAT woman (with all the fat on her belly) with a very small bust, suddenly they ain’t so keen !!!

I can’t imagine why …. Ho hum!

Nicole • July 5, 2008 at 12:45 pm

I just recently found out I was a 44A when trying to find a strapless bra for my sister’s wedding. Searching all the places you mentioned, I could not find one that was selling strapless bras in that size. Any suggestions?

Pora • July 6, 2008 at 4:12 am

Hi Nicole,

I just spent a few hours searching for a ready-made strapless in 44A for you and came up empty (you’re not surprised). 3 suggestions:

1) Stick-on, like Braza or Fashion Forms. FF makes a foam one called “Petite” for A cups

2) Buy a 42A strapless and use an extender. I saw a few in 42A including:

3) Go to http://www.Zenaswimwear.com and order the bandeau or triangle convertible swimtop. They will make you any custom size, and you can request it to be made unlined so it’s not sweaty. I’ve ordered from them and they bend over backwards to give you anything you want. You might even tell them it’s for a strapless bra and request a bra back closure instead of a swimsuit hook.

I’ll backtrack and find more 42A strapless and post again.

Pora

Pora • July 7, 2008 at 7:22 am

Hey Nicole, Here’s something. She makes the strapless in regular and demi.

Still gotta backtrack for those 42As…

Please email me at pora@changsworld.com!

Pora

Pora • July 7, 2008 at 7:35 am

Here’s another strapless one that comes Custom Ordered in any size and color.

Pora • July 7, 2008 at 7:58 am

Hi,

Here’s one that comes in 50B, actually 50A too!

Sherrie • July 22, 2008 at 5:17 pm

Back in 2006 Kristin commented on a store called Necessities by Sherrie. I am Sherrie of Necessities by Sherrie and since that time our store has grown and we have 2 more styles to offer in the 38A to 44B size range. It not that boutiques do not want to stock a wide selection the problem is not that many companies produce them. We are always looking to fill that size range and are very compassionate to all shapes and sizes in our store. However do not expect to get these bras on the retail market for under 45.00 if you want quality. I know they are availble on other discount sites or ebay. Usually they are older stock or discontinued styles. Once you find one you like you may not be able to duplicate it again. So don’t forget about boutiques. We are trained to fit and are good at what we do. I try to stock bras that are basic stock from our vendors so if you only come in once a year I want you to be able to get the same thing you previously purchased. Also, just because it is in your size doesn’t mean it will fit the same as another. No 2 bra styles are created equally. I hope this helps and I will not get blasted by readers. I love what I do and look forward to anyone in our metro area to come by and give us a look.

Xavi • January 12, 2009 at 11:29 pm

According to the size gurus I also am a 44a. Yes, it’s ridiculous and it tempts me to save up for implants. When I was thin I had c-cups, but not now. All the weight went everywhere but my boobs! I’m about ready to start sewing my own — I’ve made corsets, wedding gowns & clothes for muppets — how much harder can a bra be than those?

Faythe • January 20, 2009 at 3:45 pm

WOW! I thought I was alone in all this! I’m a 46AA according to the “experts”, and I’ve never been able to find a bra that fit right! I mean, I’ve known for a while that my current bras that I’m wearing were too small in the band and too big in the cup (40 b)…but to see that I’m several sizes larger? I think I’ll use some of the tips on here…It’s really encouraging to know I’m not the only person who is like this, besides my sister.

Good luck in finding one that fits

Eileen Sommers • January 25, 2009 at 12:30 am

It may be old news but it was new to me. In the fabric section of Wal-Mart they sell bra extenders for less than $1.50. They are fabulous! I am a 42C cup which is hard to find — typically manufactures make 40C and 42D. 40 bands are too tight and D cups are too big. But with the extenders I can add the inches I need to the 40C band to turn it into a 42C. What a Godsend. I haven’t tried it yet but I want to see if the extender with make a 38C bra into a 42C.

ruth • February 13, 2009 at 5:56 pm

Hi there darling i have to say you are not alone my bust is 42a but hell they are very tender…………

it must be small things are sweet

love Ruth

Kara • February 20, 2009 at 3:54 pm

I’ve tried the distraction bras that Pora mentioned and they’re definitely the best. I have tried so many different bras and this company is the only one I’ve found that makes the bras like a sample and the fit is so perfect. The bra also gives you the most incredible cleavage.

It takes a while to get but it’s sooooo worth it. I also add the wider band customization they have. It makes it a lot more comfortable if you are a bit wide.

Kara • February 20, 2009 at 4:57 pm

@chia – try the distraction bras. they have over 80 sizes and they customize to fit YOUR BODY! their band sizes range from 26 to like 52 or 54 I think. but make sure you get the wider band customization for comfort.

I’ve been shopping from them for years now:

merilyn • March 20, 2009 at 8:53 pm

So glad I found this blog entry! I have taken Pora’s advice and ordered two 42A mastectomy bras, and they fit fine. I’m not even going to cut out the pockets–it’s just like a cotton liner in the cup. They cost about the same as good-quality regular bras, and come in bigger band sizes with A and B cup sizes. Well worth it. The Glamorise A and B cup bras are OK, but they have a seam that goes right over the cup from top to bottom, and it can look a little lumpy with a T-shirt.

I would also recommend an item I just found called Bezi Bra Discs. They are like the petals or nipits that keep your nipples from popping up at inopportune times, but instead of being adhesive, they just fit in your bra and gently cling to your breast. They can be used over and over, and they don’t tear your skin up when you pull them off at the end of the day. Very useful!

susy • March 31, 2009 at 3:22 pm

o my gosh i thought i was the only fat woman on the planet that had this problem .. cant find a bra that fits .. need a 42b and can get them in just my size , but would like something that would make me feel alittle sexy

shosho • April 26, 2009 at 3:03 pm

believe it or not, I measure as a 44A according to the formula. I usually wear a 40 C, but I tried on my roomate’s 36DD and if not only fit me, it made my boobs look HUGE. She’s got one of the bras with cups that keep their shape, os even though one of my boobs is slightly smaller than the other, you can’t tell.

Spencer • May 18, 2009 at 5:31 pm

I’ve got the opposite problem…I’m a 32 G and I have yet to find a bra that fits me because I’m a college student and can’t spend more than 30 bucks on a bra. It’s ridiculous that everyone is expected to fit into this mold, when OBVIOUSLY, there are plenty of people out there like you and me who are not the average 36 C…

Carrie • June 13, 2009 at 7:29 pm

thank you soooo much for the web site. I’m something like a 52A or may B and have tried to make due in a 46B with an extension for years. You know as well as I do that if you are a 46 around the B cup is just like grabbing a 38D in the cup! CRAZY! I’ve been floating, good thing there are other parts of me that attracted my husband or I would still be single. lol! Need something to make me feel better about how my blouses fit.

thank you again.

Carrie

Abby Woodards • September 8, 2009 at 2:21 am

It’s comforting to know I’m not quite as alone as I feel around here, being that all big girls I know have huge knockers. I’m so jealous. I just found out today actually that the bra i need is around a 44-46 a or aa. My biggest problem is the bunching on the sides, so that my fat makes the bra a disappearing act. I usually buy a 38b and the cup on that is soooooo perfect, but the band is not. If I try the extender trick, I totally lose the straps. And besides that I just need a much bigger band than what 38’s offer. I don’t know what to do. The closest Lane Bryant got today was a 44b, which is much better in the band, but my knockers play the disappearing act in those cups. Has anybody else ever noticed that cups are not equal among the different band sizes?!?!?!

Pora Park • October 7, 2009 at 2:09 am

@Abby Woodards –

Hi Abby,

I just read and wanted to send off this link for another bra in awesome size range — up to 54A!! Let me know if you try it!

Best wishes,

Pora Park

pora@changsworld.com

Julia • October 26, 2009 at 7:32 pm

I also have the opposit problem. I wear, I think, a 44 I. I say I think, because when you do the measuring thing, I am 11 inches more then my ribcage, and every chart I’ve come across only goes up to 9 inches. If you think trying to find an “over the shoulder boulder holders” is hard to find when you have none, try having some so large only Omar the tent maker is qualified to sew them! At least you all that are “less endowed” won’t every have to worry about tripping over them in your old age! lol.. But honestly, trying to find my size, never mind trying to find a COMFORTABLE one my size is nearly impossible, the shoulder suffering on a daily basis with the permanant shoulder indents looks like a horse that is saddle broken..

LovingSister • December 1, 2009 at 5:36 pm

What a joy to find this site! My sister is in her early 20s and has a 52AA bra size. It is nice to know there are other women out there who live with this frustration. At this point I make her bras because no one ever has her size, and to be honest the options, if there are any, are usually not what she had in mind. I have half a mind to start my own shop because I can not believe there is such a void in the bra world when there is obviously a demand.

Thanks.

Abby Woodard • December 5, 2009 at 11:07 pm

@LovingSister – You really should, it would be awesome to buy a bra one day that just fits.

debbie • December 8, 2009 at 7:46 pm

@Abby Woodard – Try the other end of the spectrum. 36J. Almost impossible to find. Victoria’s Secret staff will ask are you sure you’re not a D? and then tell you they only carry normal sizes. I guess we are all just freaks at opposite ends of the spectrum

Abby Woodard • December 21, 2009 at 2:10 pm

@debbie – Aww that sucks, I’m sorry you’re having the same bra shopping nightmares that the rest of us are. I guess we are all just equal but opposite cousins. The kindred of the bra-deprived. One of these days somebody who can design the bras needs to realize the niche market here for hard to find bra sizes. It would be an amazing investment for the right person.

Jere • January 2, 2010 at 2:16 pm

Hello all. I’m looking for a bra that is sensous, lacy and frilly. There is almost next to nothing that will wrap around my 54-56″ girth.

Roamans has a few nice ones, but nothing to match the bras in the 36″ to 48″ range.

Does anyone have any expierence in using the expanders for the rear type closure?

I had a few of them however, returned them in favor of the front hook type. I have not received them yet, so I can’t comment yet.

I have torn ligaments in both shoulders which pretty much relegates me to the Frt/clsre type.

It’s hard to strap on a back closure type and then pull it around. It chafes my skin. I’m going to try some powder and see how that works.

Has anyone had any expierence with the bras from http://www.bcoutlet.com?

As it is in shopping for clothing, most of the retailers gouge us for the nicer amenities.

Lane Bryant is the same as Big and Tall for me. Fromm what I’ve seen, their prices are on the high side.

This is a move that I have mulled over for years and just now took the plunge.

I’ll keep searching for what I want. If I can’t get what I want, I’ll buy a few of the absolutely sensuous and sexy smaller ones and have them digested into a couple that fits me. Hopefully by now you’ll, understand that I am a man that really enjoys wearing a bra. The lacier the better!

I would honestly and with great hope, most sincerely appreciate any and all comments.

Hopefully most of them will be of a positive nature, but if you deem to send me negative comments, I’ll be only to happy to take them into consideration also.

Please send all of your comments and also web sights that I can check out for some bras.

I have a ton of questions to ask, but for now this will suffice.

Please send ALL comments to:

SWIFTE546@AOL.COM

If you would like a return comment. let me know and I’ll be glad to contact you.

I’m REALLY hoping for a number of replies.

To all: GOOD BRA HUNTING!!!!!!!~

Thanks to all in advance who have taken the time to read this post and additionally to those that will be nice enough to reply to me.

Regards,

Jere

Jere • January 15, 2010 at 4:31 pm

Hi Pasta Queen:

I just received my first front close bra today. It’s a Glamorise 54C in black lace. It took me a few minutes to orient the cups, but after a bit I had it on. I’ll have to seek some help, as the right side is chaffing my underarm to the point where I can’t wear it for more than a few minutes. It is really an exquisetly designed and well conctructed bra, not to mention how sexy it looks and makes me feel.

I’m still waiting for my beige and pink ones to show.

I now need to turn my attentions to breast forms.

I’m really amazed that a lot of sites are pricingn theirs in the $150 dollar plus range.

OUCH!!!! Suggestiions anyone??????????

Breast enhancers will not work for me. I’ve seen some men utilizing baloons to look like the real thing. It will probable work, but just think of the ramificaions if the baloon burst while you were wearing it.

If anyone has any suggestions, please send them to me. Belive me, I REALLY need them.

Meanwhile, I’m going to do some adjusting of the nice satin straps. They’re not snug enough, and I suspect that they are the cause of the chaffing while I’m wearing it.

I’m just beginning to realize what you women go through when you are wearing them.

Now remember, don’t forget to email me at swifte546@aol.com with your suggestions.

Thanks.

Jere

Jere • January 17, 2010 at 9:04 pm

Hi Pasta Queen.
I’m beginning to wonder if anyone other than my self reads these postings.
I’ve posted a few times now and requested a reply and thus far none have materialized.
Is it taboo for me as a man that really enjoys wearing bras to post here?

Anyway now that I’ve vented for the first time here, I am asking for help in locating artificial breasts for my bras. I am wearing a 54b or C, which
ever I can get at a reasonable price.
stuffing socks into the cups just doesn’t do it for me.

Their also has to be an alternative to those breast forms that a lot of sites are asking in excess of a hundred or more dollars for. That’s what I call taking advanage of bot men and woman.

Is there anoyone out there that might be familiar with building their own breast forms?

Please send help to…..
swifte564@aol.com

Thanks…now back to a bowl of fettuccini and meat balls.

Jere

Jere • January 25, 2010 at 12:33 am

Hi Pasta Queen…I received my pink front close bra today, however,
I’ve not had a chance to wear it yet.

My black f/c one is working out very well.
I must, however, start looking for breast forms.
My initial searching has given me what we get when looking for a new car—-STICKER SHOCK!
I had absolutely no idea that they were so expensive.
Keep in mind the old saying,”If at first you don’t succeed, try try again!”
It took me some time to find a firm that I could get bras that fit me. I’m a big person. I use a 54B.
I now have three bras, but as I mentioned above, I need to fill them.
Anybody have any suggestions?
Drop me a line at swifte546@aol.com.

Thanks
Jere

Jere • January 26, 2010 at 1:32 am

Hi Pasta Queen.
I have finally received the last of the three bras that I ordered. I have to wait until tomorrow morning to try them on.

They are all front close due to the fact that I have a hard time trying to reach behind my back to
put on a back close one.

I now am going to turn my attention to breast/bra forms. The bras are nice but look funny just laying flat on my chest.

The major stumbling thus far is the extremely high cost that a lot of the web sights are asking.
Perhapas they lose sight of the fact that not everyone that is shopping for them are going to use their medical, insurance to pay for them.
I’m not and I really bristle at the outrageous prices they ask for them.

It took me a long time to find the site that I purchased my bras from so I’ll just keep on searching untl I find a good price for the breast/bra forms.

If any of you ladies or men have any thing that might be helpful conmcerning this, please feel free to e mail me at>>>swifte546@aol.com

Thanks for all your help.

Jere

Jere • January 26, 2010 at 10:10 pm

@Julia – @Julia –
Hi Julia. For your own health, I would suggest that
you see your primary phyaician and get a referral to see a GOOD plastic surgeon.

Get his reccomendation. He’ll probably
reccomend that you get a breast reduction.

Modern medicine has made tremendous advances in breast surgery. Your insurance company will
more than likely pay for it when your surgeon
tells the insurance company that your problem is a health hazard.

Just think of all the diferent new bras that you will be able to wear once the reduction is done.

You will also feel a thousanad percent better with all that weight off of your shoulders.

Don’t put it off. DO IT NOW. Always remember this:
” He (SHE)who hesitates is lost!”

Best of luck and keep, us posted here.

Jere

tom • March 2, 2010 at 4:14 pm

Glamorise makes a 46a I buy them all the time.Also I just bought a 46a underwire on ebay from sister_silk.

Jere • March 11, 2010 at 4:48 pm

Hi Pasta Queen…Well, I finally found a few front
clse bras in my size, 54B. Thus far I’ve accumulated
one of each in the following colors: Beige, Black,
Blue, Pink and White. While a few of them purported to have lace, only the Whilte one exceeeds. It’s beautiful. The bottom of the cup is satan while the top is sexy lace…very nice!!!!!
It took me a while to get used to putting them on, but now its easy.
I feel so wonderful when I wear them.
My wife would not approve, so I can’t wear them as often as I would like. I could really use a 56 or 58 band size, but they are the old fashioned blah types so I will not wear them.
Now if anyone can aid me in purchasing molded breasts to wear with my bra, that will complete my needs. Thanks a lot and if you can help me, contact me at swifte546@aol.com

JERE

patty • February 23, 2011 at 11:26 pm

I TOTALLY feel for you. After having my daughter 4 yrs ago I went from a 38 to a 44, but of course my cup size stayed the same. A/B. So I had to buy bras at lane bryant’s for the band size and they only came as small as B for cup size. They don’t stay that well because there’s nothing holding them down. Too make matters worse one side is clearly bigger than the other. So when you find a bra thats perfect please let me know!

B. • March 30, 2011 at 5:32 pm

HELP!! I just measured myself and my underbust is about 35″ (that’s the actual number, without adding the 4 or 5 inches). My overbust is about 38. So according to bra sizing online, that makes me a band size 40 with a cup size of NEGATIVE AA!!! wtf?? I’m 25 years old, I just started puberty late and never really grew too much ;)

The only bras I can find online of 40A are post mastectomy, which doesn’t do much for my morale! what should I do?? I’ve always worn 38B but they always fit bad with straps falling down. I wear sports bras most of the time to get around it.